Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Considering the article was linked specifically as a rebuttal to the whole Beatles thing I don't think it really matters what the article actually says, cause I don't think it ever gets used except as a counterpoint to Beatles stuff, sorry for the writer lol

Edit: I guess the Beatles are the Dark Souls of music if you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The Beatles are the phonebook of music, or maybe the bible

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Maybe innocuous conversations shouldn't include wife beaters and the like, but who's to say what's annoying

We are posting on a forum created by a wife beater, that doesn't mean every conversation made on it forever will need to bring this up. Try doing that in the PYF cute bunny threads.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

SCheeseman posted:

We are posting on a forum created by a wife beater, that doesn't mean every conversation made on it forever will need to bring this up. Try doing that in the PYF cute bunny threads.

And both wife beaters in question are dead and can't profit from us anymore. I call that a win.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I don't think you really need to take on the sins of every artist you enjoy. If it actually bums you out enough that you don't want to listen then hey, you don't want to listen and that's fair enough. But people aren't being immoral by listening to the beatles.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
more like wifebeatles

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

I don't think you really need to take on the sins of every artist you enjoy. If it actually bums you out enough that you don't want to listen then hey, you don't want to listen and that's fair enough. But people aren't being immoral by listening to the beatles.

No one said that luckily.

I was just making a shitpost you could extend to any band tbh (imagine Rock Band Smashing Pumpkins where you have to deal with the consequences of your behaviour killing a close friend, that would not be such a party game) and then decided to call Beatles, The mid cause it riled people up real good lol

Also the Beatles aren't like the Bible cause they at least wrote their own songs, and also I don't think Lowtax/Lennon is a good comparison cause I don't really hear a lot of people singing Lowtax's praises. Unless they are in which case what the gently caress.

Anyway, I think Fromsoft should make a rhythm game. It would be the hardest one ever obviously.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Lowtax cultivated the style of humor that still permeates this place, though I'm completely open to the idea that this is a bad thing.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I think the Beatles are like the coca cola of music.

If anyone said "probably most popular soft drink" you'd think, yeah, seems pretty obvious, but if anyone told you coca cola was their favourite drink you'd think they were pretty lame.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Drakengard is already the dark souls of rithym games

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Escape Academy needed more DLC and more work at developing puzzle concepts across puzzle rooms so not everything is one and done conceptual space.

It also taught me my puzzle partner just fuckin wings it when it comes to weight balancing puzzles which is fair cause if I gotta rotate falling blocks gently caress me its random spin time.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

!Klams posted:

If anyone said "probably most popular soft drink" you'd think, yeah, seems pretty obvious, but if anyone told you coca cola was their favourite drink you'd think they were pretty lame.

lol, if you define your personality by what you drink. That’s pretty shallow and silly. In fact all this snobbery is pretty silly.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The Beatles are pretty sophisticated and have some weird and interesting songs with a lot of variety, but I mean, I suppose they sure are very popular and that makes them bad like Breath of the Wild.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

!Klams posted:

No, I don't think that's how I would handle that interaction at all.

What drinks are Sleep, High on Fire and Om?

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

The Beatles are pretty sophisticated and have some weird and interesting songs with a lot of variety, but I mean, I suppose they sure are very popular and that makes them bad like Breath of the Wild.

Did you know that Ringo Starr set fire to a school bus :smug:

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Cosmik Debris posted:

Paul wrote hey Jude, but John was the wife beater. poo poo post harder next time.

Paul couldn't beat an egg, man.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The Beatles wrote some good tunes

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The beatles broke big 60 years ago and people are still talking about them which is more than you will be able to say about Breath of the Wild LMAO

Not The Last of Us though cuz we'll probably have another 6 remakes between now and then

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

SCheeseman posted:

Did you know that Ringo Starr set fire to a school bus :smug:

I'm fine with that as long as there were kids in it

itry
Aug 23, 2019

syntaxfunction posted:

Anyway, I think Fromsoft should make a rhythm game. It would be the hardest one ever obviously.

I think they already made one called Sekiro?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

syntaxfunction posted:

I was absolutely shitposting but also nah Paul was not an innocent guy. Anyway, the Beatles were important for their time but overall mid.

Also I love when people bust out the onion article because it just always strikes me "okay, we all know, don't *remind* us about horrible things, because that might taint our ability to enjoy things" which is just such a swell attitude.

As the leader of the Beatles, the buck stopped with Paul.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

Pffft, they would if they didn't make easy games for babies now. The only even slightly challenging Souls like game made recently is kgame Lies of P, much like how The Beatles were eventually surpassed by kpop.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!

Caesar Saladin posted:

I love Ozzy and Sabbath, despite the fact that Ozzy has murdered 1 bat, 2 doves, and multiple dogs with a shotgun, and Tony Iommi beat Lita Ford. But the music is still kick rear end and important.

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe
Beatles are the best band of all time and it really irks some people, for reasons I dont really care about.

Lennon was an arrogant piece of poo poo, and a great songwriter, who liked to smack his women around.

He's a 5/10 guy.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Slay the Spire is dumb trash along with most roguelite deckbuilder games except maybe for Loop Hero

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Cosmik Debris posted:

Beatles are the best band of all time and it really irks some people, for reasons I dont really care about.

Lennon was an arrogant piece of poo poo, and a great songwriter, who liked to smack his women around.

He's a 5/10 guy.

They're the second best band with an album called "Let It Be", but yeah, being performatively anti-Beatles is super-weird.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Vampire Panties posted:

Slay the Spire is dumb trash along with most roguelite deckbuilder games except maybe for Loop Hero

Loop Hero is the epitome of a "honeymoon" game where it feels really awesome for like 4 hours and everyone runs out to sing its praises on the internet, but then you realize you've seen pretty much everything it has to offer but there's still 40+ hours of grinding to do if you actually want to clear it. Loop Hero in particular really shows how terrible the "metaprogression" element roguelites are in love with can be.

I played Slay the Spire back when it started getting a lot of hype in early access, beat it easily on my first try, and thought "well I guess that's that" and refunded it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQS91wVdvYc

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

if you really think about it the beatles are the lowtax of music

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dick Fontaine posted:

who is the fragmaster of music

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Dick Fontaine posted:

Somewhere between John Lennon and Kurt Cobain when you think about it.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

who is the fragmaster of music

Steely Dan

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lmao

Puckanas
Dec 11, 2004

An extraordinary moron!
I want Suika game to have a vs mode.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Vampire Panties posted:

It probably barely qualifies, but Inscryption would like a word.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 7, 2024

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

The Moon Monster posted:

Loop Hero is the epitome of a "honeymoon" game where it feels really awesome for like 4 hours and everyone runs out to sing its praises on the internet, but then you realize you've seen pretty much everything it has to offer but there's still 40+ hours of grinding to do if you actually want to clear it. Loop Hero in particular really shows how terrible the "metaprogression" element roguelites are in love with can be.

100% agree with this

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

syntaxfunction posted:

Also the Beatles aren't like the Bible cause they at least wrote their own songs, and also I don't think Lowtax/Lennon is a good comparison cause I don't really hear a lot of people singing Lowtax's praises. Unless they are in which case what the gently caress.

the photo of lowtax pointing at the x-ray of his spine was his abbey road cover moment

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

he even had his very own now and then

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

tango alpha delta posted:

lol, if you define your personality by what you drink. That’s pretty shallow and silly. In fact all this snobbery is pretty silly.

No one asked you to define your personality, weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I'm a Mr Boss coffee can.