Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

“Folks, I’ve been talking a long time now, I’m just going to take a sip of my Diet Coke, THE LIKES OF WHICH THIS COUNTRY HAS NEVER SEEN BEFORE!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Civil posted:

Not after two consecutive terms, but he also wasn't allowed to run for president while serving as Governor so who the gently caress knows

The legislature changed that when Ron was popular and a frontrunner for President.

Now? Not so much.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1744015195909870057

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1744017671216091565

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1744017158214975981

Didn't he clear Hunter?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Biden Border Crisis.

Get the gently caress out of here.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

The only crime hunter was charged with was owning a deadly weapon while high.
(the deadly weapon was his hog)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Where's Hunter is the new Benghazi.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Everyone who has ever gone all-in on Trump has ended up either disgraced, disbarred, or in prison, but let’s see how this works out for Elise Stefanik! :fart:

I’m sure the entire Republican apparatus deciding to play “will they/won’t they” with accepting the election results is going to go great. :thumbsup:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Why are half of Jim Jordan's pictures him pulling back his lips like he just nutted thinking about a wrestling team member being assaulted?

Oh. Wait.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
(Elanik) She's a female Republican who went all in on Jan 6th. Her future is non-existent.

Doomed I tells ya

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Everyone who has ever gone all-in on Trump has ended up either disgraced, disbarred, or in prison, but let’s see how this works out for Elise Stefanik! :fart:

I’m sure the entire Republican apparatus deciding to play “will they/won’t they” with accepting the election results is going to go great. :thumbsup:

It's really weird.

I still have to wonder if there was some kind of mega-ironclad NDA that Trump made the entire GOP sign that bound their souls for life because the lockstep they have all been in is loving eerie

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Escape From Noise posted:

Where's Hunter is the new Benghazi.

Ah geez, don't give them the idea of saying "Benghazi Biden" or the painted man is going to glom onto that and never stop using it

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's really weird.

I still have to wonder if there was some kind of mega-ironclad NDA that Trump made the entire GOP sign that bound their souls for life because the lockstep they have all been in is loving eerie

that might just be called an act of treason

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
hunter cant be the new Ben G. Hazi because regressives dont even know about Ben

Vilerats/Sean Smith's mom got cancelled faster than the business credit cards Mitt cancelled in 2012

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

Ah geez, don't give them the idea of saying "Benghazi Biden" or the painted man is going to glom onto that and never stop using it

It's not like they really care what words they mash together.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Waffle House posted:

Getting this SomethingAwful-fueled, fast, macro top-down of any incident, especially Trumpo, is always a wild ride.

You can see firsthand the ebb and flow of the astroturfing, landscaping apparatuses, and the actual truth. The (sometimes not so) subtle shifts in people's narrative voice and the wild maneuvering through "reporting" and other attempts to do poo poo like flip the script can be hectic, but never really overwhelming due to the firehose effect of it all. You just have so much that it's never going to be a mystery that Donald J. Trump, former President of the United States, did insanely dumb, treasonous, and illegal things lol.

I came back to SA on Jan 6th after not reading the forums for a few years, because I was scouring the internet for information on what was going on. I thought the forums had more trump supporters because I had seen the "trumps fine" thread a while back (which helped me stay away). Was really glad to learn I was wrong, or that they had left/gotten banned or whatever, I didn't even know about jeffrey taking over yet, and I've been here ever since because of the wild ride and because goons are the best people to ride with. Also the worst sometimes

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

tek79 posted:

loving hell this is painful to watch. My dog got up and walked into another room. Someone else said this once in a previous version of this thread, that the only thing regrettable about the Ashli Babbit saga is they should have charged her family for the bullet they wasted.

No the only regrettable thing is that I don't know where her grave is so I can't take a road trip to piss on it.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 7, 2024

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

It's really weird.

yeah it's absolutely bizarre they never fell in line like this for candidates like Dole/McCain/Romney and they absolutely hated Clinton and Obama.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

hunter cant be the new Ben G. Hazi because regressives dont even know about Ben

Vilerats/Sean Smith's mom got cancelled faster than the business credit cards Mitt cancelled in 2012

The other day I saw a “Remember Benghazi” bumper sticker with photos of the four guys. You know your life took a hosed up turn when chuds are driving around with your face plastered on their shitbox truck

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Also the worst sometimes

I feel seen

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

It's really weird.

Not even. The Bush/McCain/Romney Republican Party is dead. Their only chance at winning anymore is Trump. It’s 100% cult of personality, after him there is no successor.

There’s a chunk of voters who used to vote Republican who don’t anymore after Trump. There’s a chunk of voters that only vote when Trump is on the ballot.

When Trump’s on the ballot, they get 2020. When Trump’s not on the ballot, they get 2022 and 2023. It’s a real no-win situation, made worse by the fact that they offer nothing to young people (now meaning, like, under 40), so every year it gets worse and worse as more Boomers and older die off.

Their only strat now is getting non-Republican voters to stay home or vote third party. That’s why there’s this effort to convince everyone that Biden is just as corrupt and self-dealing as Trump, and why there’s more third party candidates running than ever (RFK, Green, plus No Labels). It’s an all-out smash and grab at this point. It sucks that Biden has real vulnerabilities, too (age, I/P, inflation (prices will not go down even though inflation has slowed down)).

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
lol Florida conservatives insisting that climate concerns are fake dumb stupid false nonsense

Meanwhile, a tornado went through Ft Lauderdale yesterday.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Thank you for your service :cheers:

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

You can skip the 'will they' part. I don't see how a republican house is ever going to confirm the EC results for a democratic president ever again, if there's a split between the two in a presidential election cycle.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Thank you for your service :cheers:

Hel yeah

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Rescue Toaster posted:

You can skip the 'will they' part. I don't see how a republican house is ever going to confirm the EC results for a democratic president ever again, if there's a split between the two in a presidential election cycle.

A split between what two? Do you mean a split between the popular and EC votes, or just between the parties of the winner of the presidential election and the house majority?

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Apollodorus posted:

A split between what two? Do you mean a split between the popular and EC votes, or just between the parties of the winner of the presidential election and the house majority?

A split between the president and the house majority. In that scenario, what possible incentive would a GOP house have to confirm the EC results? :decorum: ?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Not even. The Bush/McCain/Romney Republican Party is dead. Their only chance at winning anymore is Trump. It’s 100% cult of personality, after him there is no successor.

There’s a chunk of voters who used to vote Republican who don’t anymore after Trump. There’s a chunk of voters that only vote when Trump is on the ballot.

When Trump’s on the ballot, they get 2020. When Trump’s not on the ballot, they get 2022 and 2023. It’s a real no-win situation, made worse by the fact that they offer nothing to young people (now meaning, like, under 40), so every year it gets worse and worse as more Boomers and older die off.

Their only strat now is getting non-Republican voters to stay home or vote third party. That’s why there’s this effort to convince everyone that Biden is just as corrupt and self-dealing as Trump, and why there’s more third party candidates running than ever (RFK, Green, plus No Labels). It’s an all-out smash and grab at this point. It sucks that Biden has real vulnerabilities, too (age, I/P, inflation (prices will not go down even though inflation has slowed down)).

Yeah, there’s absolutely a real sense of desperation coming from the entire Party for sure.

This may be the year that breaks them, and I’ve seen more than enough evidence to warrant the Party being broken.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rescue Toaster posted:

A split between the president and the house majority. In that scenario, what possible incentive would a GOP house have to confirm the EC results? :decorum: ?

Like in the upcoming election.

Which House will actually certify the 2024 results? This one, or the next?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Rescue Toaster posted:

This reminds me about how before the seige started on 1/6, a bunch of congresspeople were trying to contest the results. Then that night, after they got back into the chambers and resumed the process, no one said poo poo. The mob had scared them and made them shut up and do their jobs. But a lot of those same people repeat the lies about the election now, so I have no faith that these cowards won't try to gently caress with the result again.

Were there any new rules put into place since 2021 to try and prevent fuckery this time around?

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

redshirt posted:

Like in the upcoming election.

Which House will actually certify the 2024 results? This one, or the next?

The new house does it... I think.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Were there any new rules put into place since 2021 to try and prevent fuckery this time around?

Yes there was some law, but it couldn't have changed the EC vote confirmation process without a constitutional amendment.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Escape From Noise posted:

Biden Border Crisis.

Get the gently caress out of here.

Diaper Don's Despicable Deals

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rescue Toaster posted:

Yes there was some law, but it couldn't have changed the EC vote confirmation process without a constitutional amendment.

Well, that's either better or worse. With the House as close as it is now, I'd trust enough Repubs to vote to certify.

But if the Repubs gain seats and have a more comfortable majority? Who knows.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Last night I was at a bar here in Japan and mentioned hating Trump and the lady behind the bar was like "I hate Abe". Dude got capped a year and a half ago and it made me :lol:.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

redshirt posted:

Well, that's either better or worse. With the House as close as it is now, I'd trust enough Repubs to vote to certify.

But if the Repubs gain seats and have a more comfortable majority? Who knows.

Yeah the new congress is seated first, then the confirmation of EC votes happens. Presumably there's some threshold of crazies in the house and senate you'd need to do it. If the GOP has enough margin of nutjobs in the house to do it, it seems unlikely you'd have a democratic president at the same time. But honestly, we've got way too many situations counting on the :decorum: of moderate GOP senators and representatives to keep basic democracy functioning these days. Every year there's less of them and every year the 'moderates' are pushed to do crazier poo poo, like say vote for loving Mike Johnson as speaker even though he's a total election-denying loon.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Rescue Toaster posted:

Do they have to elect a speaker before they can confirm the EC votes? because lol

Rescue Toaster posted:

Ah got it, so it'll never get changed. Thanks

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1744019744938766809

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1744019024520867891

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Catastrophe posted:

lol Florida conservatives insisting that climate concerns are fake dumb stupid false nonsense

Meanwhile, a tornado went through Ft Lauderdale yesterday.

Drone image of the tornado

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Abe got touched by some dude wielding a gun he made in Minecraft, for promoting a cult/MLM. One of the funniest assassinations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
"Contempt of Trump" is going to be code for "getting shot in the head" in like three years