Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mags posted:

oh no FF is talking about gender again

Per the language guide:

"Infantry
Soldiers who fight on foot. From the Italian infanteria and infante meaning youth, or foot soldier, as opposed to the more mature cavalryman of earlier times.

The oldest infantry regiment in the Canadian Forces is the Canadian Grenadier Guards, of Montreal, established 17 November 1859 and styled the "First Battalion Volunteer Militia Rifles of Canada.""

There was no standard English third person singular of the loaned French "infanterie", or Spanish/Italian "infanteria" at the time of Queen Anne's War/The War of Spanish Succession. Both "infantryman" and "infanteer" have some provenance in the army of Marlborough's triumphs at Blenheim (1704), Ramillies (1706), Oudenarde (1708), and Malplaquet (1709). Therefore, Directorate of History and Heritage authorizes "infanteer" to refer to members of MOSID 00010 - Infantryman (INFMN)

General Duties:
INFMN must close with and destroy the enemy. They come into direct contact with the enemy and hand to hand combat is likely.

This terminology better conforms English usage with the French ID SGPM 00010 - Fantassin (FANT), as well as DND Words and Expressions outlined by DHH in pub "Customs and traditions of the Canadian Forces" (OPI: DHH 6). This usage, as outlined above, is in keeping with the customs and traditions of the CAF and the earliest history of the infantry arm.

e: oh for Christ's sake how is this a new page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
broke: what is a woman

woke: what is infantry

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
it’s not his or her tillery it’s artillery

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They really do refuse to understand that the Houthis genuinely are only targeting ships whose shipping benefits Israel. The idea that they have an agenda, a goal and rules of engagement is just anathema to them.

They are projecting the insincerity with which the west frames military action as humanitarian as a pretext when they see someone doing it with a clear and obvious moral imperative.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Great, Nazis got another blimp to crash

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

OctaMurk posted:

broke: what is a woman

woke: what is infantry

iof spokesman: in a strike today we killed tens of enemy infantry.

wait strike that this should read "infants"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Grem posted:

Great, Nazis got another blimp to crash

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Owlbear Camus posted:

iof spokesman: in a strike today we killed tens of enemy infantry.

wait strike that this should read "infants"

Piggery

Cattery

Infantry

The IDF destroys targets them all

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

VoicesCanBe posted:

The line from Ukraine following the last surrender in Mariupol was "the defense of Mariupol is complete." Israel using that same playbook, where "we've completed operations in northern Gaza" means "we got our asses handed to us and our positions there are not tenable, so we're retreating"

advancing in a retrograde direction

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Death to Israel.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

e: oh for Christ's sake how is this a new page?

i'm afraid we're going to have to go with Persons of Infantry, Persons of Sail, Persons of the Air, Person of Artillery, etc.

on the plus side army gets to call nazy PoSs

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

people might not understand what you mean if you call them something besides police stations

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

i'm afraid we're going to have to go with Persons of Infantry, Persons of Sail, Persons of the Air, Person of Artillery, etc.

on the plus side army gets to call nazy PoSs

Sailor, Airedale, Artillerist

Lukeycoon
Nov 16, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

They are projecting the insincerity with which the west frames military action as humanitarian as a pretext when they see someone doing it with a clear and obvious moral imperative.

https://twitter.com/revolutionaryem/status/1743847779284250974

Interview with a Houthi representative that illustrates this point.

From the final translated clip in the twitter thread:

BBC Interviewer: "Many are commenting and political analysts are saying that you all want to revive your "weak popularity" inside of Yemen. That this is a publicity stunt to better your image, so that you can look like some sort of "sacred fighters" against Israel."

Mohammed Ali Al-Houthi: "Whoever says that we are doing this to boost our 'popularity' they can go ahead and do the same so they can boost theirs. This matter isn't about elections, we mobilized against this enemy from a standpoint of faith and religious [obligation]. Whoever says we don't have legitimacy, if we didn't have it we wouldn't have been able to confront 17 countries including Britain, America, Saudi, and UAE, and other coalition countries."

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Oneiros posted:

amazing how well bds works when you have missiles

Political power grows from the barrel of a rocket launcher.

lmao @ Ansar Allah straight away throwing the idiot coalition rhetoric back in their faces. Looks like we faced down 17 countries and won :smuggo:

Truly doings god's work.

Orange Devil has issued a correction as of 17:21 on Jan 7, 2024

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Orange Devil posted:

They're just restless natives violently lashing out as is their uncivilized nature.

For real for real though, this poo poo sure has been eye opening on exactly how to interpret colonial era European speak about native populations. Like sure you always intellectually know the way they wrote and spoke about said native populations was imperialist racist bullshit but seeing it happen live is something else.

:haibrower:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

mags posted:

it’s not his or her tillery it’s artillery

In the red army it's ourtillery.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Israelis are still having a mental breakdown

"'A crumbling system': The demand for mental treatment is rising - and HMOs are struggling to handle the load"

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1744026985636991111?t=-D6CN-CFYjTRy8PcE8TJTA

48% of Maccabi (an HMO) patients have reported a worsening mental state
There's a 52% increase in people diagnosed with anxiety in Clalit (also an HMO)
There's a 90% increase in the consumption of psychiatric medication with no prescription (Maccabi Patients)
Eran (mental first aid organization) has received about 90 thousand requests for mental assistance - a 50% increase since the start of the war
Among Clalit patients, there's a 25% increase in people who've requested mental treatment
There's a 125% increase in distress calls among kids and teenagers

According to a poll conducted by Maccabi, the amount of Israelis that define their mental state as "very good" has dropped to 34%, having been 62% before the war.

The HMOs are struggling to handle the load, which was already bad even before the war. The problem is exacerbated by Israel's relatively low number of psychiatrists (only 800), and the fact that a very large number of mental health professionals work in the private sector (two thirds of psychologists) for much higher pay. Psychologists in the public sector make 55 shekels per hour of treatment on average, compared to 400 shekels in private clinics.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Wait and HMO? I thought Israel was like the last Western country to create a universal healthcare sysytem?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

KomradeX posted:

Wait and HMO? I thought Israel was like the last Western country to create a universal healthcare sysytem?

Yes, membership in one of the four HMOs is mandatory.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Hasbara Manufacturing Office

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Sancho Banana posted:

Lol, lmao. It really is America junior

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

"Blinken, who will arrive in Israel tomorrow, will ask Netanyahu - declare a move to the next phase in Gaza to calm down the north"

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1744045989969711373?t=Hr7Kgh-q9yrRVZdQ91_2Lg&s=19

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The government didnt act and the president resigned shortly after. In the last 3 years the US has alienated one of the two factions that were still in favor of the US being there ( the kurds) and is now participating in the wholesale destruction of palestine, which alienates the other faction that held back (the sunnis)

We'll see, but if gets worse and the people take to the streets I dont think that the government resigning is going to be the end of it.

https://thehill.com/newsletters/defense-national-security/4392394-iraq-wants-us-military-out/

Follow up on this from a few weeks back. Iraq prime minister is setting up talks with US counterparts for them to pull the rest of the troops they have there. Still think that if the Iraqi government is serious about this then the US will just leave with their tails between their rear end because theres no way for the US to force the issue right now. Their entire narrative is "Trust us we are here by the invitation of the government and we are doing proportional retaliation" which falls apart if the Iraqis start to protest their stay there.

And narrative is all thats important to this loving white house. If they do get kicked out then expect a rise in ISIS actions in Iraq and thats not gonna be good for the people there, but makes it that much obvious who they actually are.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Sancho Banana posted:

Israelis are still having a mental breakdown

"'A crumbling system': The demand for mental treatment is rising - and HMOs are struggling to handle the load"

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1744026985636991111?t=-D6CN-CFYjTRy8PcE8TJTA

48% of Maccabi (an HMO) patients have reported a worsening mental state
There's a 52% increase in people diagnosed with anxiety in Clalit (also an HMO)
There's a 90% increase in the consumption of psychiatric medication with no prescription (Maccabi Patients)
Eran (mental first aid organization) has received about 90 thousand requests for mental assistance - a 50% increase since the start of the war
Among Clalit patients, there's a 25% increase in people who've requested mental treatment
There's a 125% increase in distress calls among kids and teenagers

According to a poll conducted by Maccabi, the amount of Israelis that define their mental state as "very good" has dropped to 34%, having been 62% before the war.

The HMOs are struggling to handle the load, which was already bad even before the war. The problem is exacerbated by Israel's relatively low number of psychiatrists (only 800), and the fact that a very large number of mental health professionals work in the private sector (two thirds of psychologists) for much higher pay. Psychologists in the public sector make 55 shekels per hour of treatment on average, compared to 400 shekels in private clinics.

"There's a 90% increase in the consumption of psychiatric medication with no prescription (Maccabi Patients)" wait what

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Sancho Banana posted:

"Blinken, who will arrive in Israel tomorrow, will ask Netanyahu - declare a move to the next phase in Gaza to calm down the north"

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1744045989969711373?t=Hr7Kgh-q9yrRVZdQ91_2Lg&s=19

what does this even mean

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

TrekBek posted:

"There's a 90% increase in the consumption of psychiatric medication with no prescription (Maccabi Patients)" wait what

As in over the counter medication. People are buying the gently caress out of them.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

going to bed and literaly feeling like im having a full body stroke from how sad i am for gaza and wael dahdouh and how ashamed i am to have so little power i have to help and how loving ashamed i am to be a member of the extremely useless cucked sheep arabs and under these dog animal goat fucker dictators.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

what does this even mean

I'm a bit confused myself but I think he believes that fully transitioning to the so called "third phase" of the war in Gaza, where the IDF mostly chills in the periphery and only conducts targeted raids every now and then, will somehow prevent the situation in the north from escalating.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Sancho Banana posted:

As in over the counter medication. People are buying the gently caress out of them.

u can just buy psych meds over the counter in Israel?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

I'm a bit confused myself but I think he believes that fully transitioning to the so called "third phase" of the war in Gaza, where the IDF mostly chills in the periphery and only conducts targeted raids every now and then, will somehow prevent the situation in the north from escalating.

i wonder if blinken realizes that is a complete and utter defeat for the israelis and what will end up happening is each of these 'raids' will get vaporized as hamas re-supplies.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Sancho Banana posted:

lmao that the moral arc of the universe bends towards obamacare

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

dads friend steve posted:

Some of them, yes.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

dads friend steve posted:

I think they call it 'booze'

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Lukeycoon posted:

BBC Interviewer: "Many are commenting and political analysts are saying that you all want to revive your "weak popularity" inside of Yemen. That this is a publicity stunt to better your image, so that you can look like some sort of "sacred fighters" against Israel."

Mohammed Ali Al-Houthi: "Whoever says that we are doing this to boost our 'popularity' they can go ahead and do the same so they can boost theirs. This matter isn't about elections, we mobilized against this enemy from a standpoint of faith and religious [obligation]. Whoever says we don't have legitimacy, if we didn't have it we wouldn't have been able to confront 17 countries including Britain, America, Saudi, and UAE, and other coalition countries."
These guys own. Very clear minded. Sar-khalas as it is said in farsi.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

dysentery
brainworms
mdma addiction
soulessness
northward retreat
infanticde

yeah, that looks like the list of common israeli medical conditions alright

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Lukeycoon posted:

God loving bless the Houthis.

It pisses me off beyond belief when Israeli cuntface dipshit whiny moronic assholes cry about western journalists being "against us" because they showed some footage of the destruction in Gaza instead of being psychotically committed to the Israeli perspective no matter what, the most far right of the bunch even accuse Israeli outlets like channel 12 and 13 of being "Israeli Al-Jazeera" because they sometimes criticize the handling of the war or the cabinet, Israelis are just completely insane demons who lose their minds when anybody even slightly gestures in the general direction of criticism towards our demon country and the dead eyed satans that populate it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/riotersbloc/status/1743974548025028938?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Al-Saqr posted:

going to bed and literaly feeling like im having a full body stroke from how sad i am for gaza and wael dahdouh and how ashamed i am to have so little power i have to help and how loving ashamed i am to be a member of the extremely useless cucked sheep arabs and under these dog animal goat fucker dictators.

the yemen border's porous right? maybe it's time to sell your warhammer stuff, pocket the proceeds and defect to a country that will be on the right side of history. you'd at least feel better about yourself and I think you deserve that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

has anyone seen drew pavlou ...