Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

We were forecast for 4-6 inches of snow and there's just nothing out there. I am sad. :(

Still get the game interrupted for updates from stupid local ABC channel though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im super unhappy today is my last day of vacation. Do not want to go back to work tomorrow.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
In case anyone needed another reason to love the show Reacher and the actor in the titular part more.

https://twitter.com/Veeren_Jubbal/status/1743455628876456418?s=20

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Glad for Thad

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Air Skwirl posted:

In case anyone needed another reason to love the show Reacher and the actor in the titular part more.

https://twitter.com/Veeren_Jubbal/status/1743455628876456418?s=20

Give me a "hell"
Give me a "yeah"

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

The Oregon Zoo is fun. I've seen "Weird" Al Yankovic perform there several times.

Oregon City is… fine. Canard has a location there and last time I visited I had the steamed hamburgers.

Yes, they are inspired by fellow Portlander Bill Oakley.

Back when that awful teen drama/reality show was on the air, we had fun with which one was the "real" O.C.

Oregon Zoo is fun, we took my little one to the zoo here in Tokyo area (Ueno Zoo) a couple days ago and she loving loved it, so next time I'm home in Portland we're definitely going to Washington Park.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
You aren't making GBS threads on the amazing primetime soap dramady "The O.C." right? Just the lovely reality show not even spin off just rip off "Laguna Beach; The Real O.C." right? Because if you are making GBS threads on The O.C. and I had any idea of your physical location and it was within a reasonable driving distance I still wouldn't try and fight you, but I might yell something mean at you.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Whelp guess I’m watching some Blue Mountain State tonight, Alan Richson kicks loving rear end

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I missed out on The OC but I'm aware of its cultural impact at the time.

Now to start your Sunday with an incredible earworm

And who can forget this iconic scene, which was even parodied by SNL?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saEzQcayEPM
Fun fact: I share a birthday with Imogen Heap.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

I missed out on The OC but I'm aware of its cultural impact at the time.

It's one of my guilty pleasures because it's so ridiculous and such a time capsule of that era

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I like putting up the Christmas tree, but there’s definitely a sense of relief when it goes to the mulch pile. I think it’s just all the room I get back.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I can’t judge OC-lovers, because I binged The L Word recently (it’s a sapphic right of passage). Trashy drama with lesbians…and it was a Showtime show, so you know what that means!
I would totally let Shane shatter my heart into a million pieces.
I enjoyed it through Season 4. I found Season 5 profoundly mean-spirited and narratively stale and had to put it down.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Bird in a Blender posted:

I like putting up the Christmas tree, but there’s definitely a sense of relief when it goes to the mulch pile. I think it’s just all the room I get back.

I love all the Christmas I put up, and I also love how much bigger the house feels when it's all gone.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have never seen The Wire

I have never seen Band of Brothers

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Same

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Pain of Mind posted:

Of you want a whose who of "hey, its that guy" you should watch Oz. You can also see their dongs if that interests you.

Billy West, the red M&M posted:

do you remember the prison show Oz?

One time when I was married

I came home and my wife said,

Come here, come here. Sit down.

And she's pointing at the tv and she goes,

Have you seen this show? Watch this guy.

He is the real deal. He ain't no actor.

He is the real deal.

And this character was like neo-Nazi, white supremacist.

Just pure evil.

And I said [raspberries] What, I know him!

You do?

You know, and I said, Yeah, he's the yellow M&M.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have to go back to work and normal routine and I am big sad about it. Why can't life just be all vacation :(

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

kiimo posted:

The Wire owns

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I started The Wire during the Pandemic but only got a couple episodes into season 2.

Never saw Band of Brothers.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

should at least go watch season 1 of The Wire, it's incredible TV. season 2 is even better imo but you need the s1 set up

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Finding out Idris Elba is extremely british was such a mindfuck for me after watching The Wire

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Aiden Gillen's accent in The Wire is so much better than whatever the gently caress he was going for in Game Of Thrones, though that may have been the point

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Intruder posted:

Finding out Idris Elba is extremely british was such a mindfuck for me after watching The Wire

This is the basis for an extremely good Roy Wood bit, if you haven't seen it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

Never saw Band of Brothers.

FYI it's on Netflix now and it's only a 10-episode miniseries. It's extremely good and rolls along very quickly.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

Apparently it was a shock to the rest of the cast & even David Simon too!

fartknocker posted:

FYI it's on Netflix now and it's only a 10-episode miniseries. It's extremely good and rolls along very quickly.

I got both MAX (thanks to Xfinity) & Netflix so there really is no reason I am not watching either.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Is something wrong with iOS awful app?
  • App won't refresh the threadlist when I'm in subforums.
  • App won't load text when I click on threads. It just stays black.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Is something wrong with iOS awful app?
  • App won't refresh the threadlist when I'm in subforums.
  • App won't load text when I click on threads. It just stays black.

Have you asked around in the Awful iOS App thread?

FWIW I'm not seeing any issues on my iPhone 14 Pro.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
same no problems for me on my iphone

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Intruder posted:

Rewatching now with the knowledge of what he really sounds like, you do catch the accent breaking occasionally, especially when he raises his voice.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Aiden Gillen's accent in The Wire is so much better than whatever the gently caress he was going for in Game Of Thrones, though that may have been the point

Aiden Gillen will always be Stuart from the original UK version of Queer As Folk to me so seeing him in The Wire or Game of Thrones throws me off. Same with Charlie Hunnam and Sons of Anarchy.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I remember thinking that The OC was dumb when I watched the premiere back in the mid-00s, and then it was one of our COVID binges and it actually kind of cooks? Maybe that just means I'm old.

Apparently it was a shock to the rest of the cast & even David Simon too!

Yeah, in his Hot Ones interview he talks about overhearing David Simon not wanting to cast any Brits, so he faked an American accent for the audition lol. Whatever works!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hugh Laurie did the same thing for House, which is a little wild since I thought Jeeves and Wooster were a little better known.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Ok I just started digging into Wire casting stuff and heard McNulty's actor's real voice and jesus loving christ

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, in his Hot Ones interview he talks about overhearing David Simon not wanting to cast any Brits, so he faked an American accent for the audition lol. Whatever works!

Well McNulty slipped past too I guess

e: Carver initially read for the Stringer part?! lmao

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 8, 2024

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

C-Euro posted:

Intruder posted:

Ok I just started digging into Wire casting stuff and heard McNulty's actor's real voice and jesus loving christ

Well McNulty slipped past too I guess

Yeah looking at the cast Simon really hosed that one lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Latest batch of NFL GDT chicken wing bones being turned into stock.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
wtf we’re about to watch Glass Onion on Netflix and the little preview thing spoils part of the reveal at the end.

Are those randomly generated or manually done because either way that’s dumb as hell.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

BlindSite posted:

Im super unhappy today is my last day of vacation. Do not want to go back to work tomorrow.

Yeah. Thought about what I'll be stepping back into tomorrow and had to go for a walk to cool down.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

wtf we’re about to watch Glass Onion on Netflix and the little preview thing spoils part of the reveal at the end.

Oof. You should still watch it, but eesh.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For some reason I read that and thought White Lotus and was going to say it's not a big deal but Glass Onion yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Latest batch of NFL GDT chicken wing bones being turned into stock.

I got a ham bone in the freezer and wondering if I should make a pork stock