Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
P sure he grabbed it off the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

I can't believe Maggie is loving dead

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

A strong start to this year.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

PainterofCrap posted:

He’s still holding the ball. Does that mean he caught it & they’re all out? So the runs will be nullified?
My impression was he held onto it on purpose to keep his team from being able to tag any runners out

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Crab Dad posted:

Is really that hard to creat something new instead of ripping off old garbage?

You're not the only one asking this right now, but the thing is it seems like everyone else is just reposting the cartoon on YouTube to dunk on the mouse corporation (my YouTube front page is half Steamboat Willys right now because I watched one), while Randy's using the newly expanded creative commons as an excuse to do a Mickey story without looking over his shoulder for Disney lawyers, which is downright wholesome compared to other options.

Seriously, that strip is the effort post version of what's been going on in the mouse-space since last Monday.

Anyway, Mutts.

Sally Forth

Peanuts (January 9, 1977)

Crankshaft

Li'l Abner (July 25-27, 1935)

Thimble Theater (August 9, 1940)

Popeye

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 7, 2024

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, January 25-28, 1983

Here we meet the Hooded One for the first time. Kingdok doesn't seem to be a character at all in this.

Tomorrow's post will be an interesting one as Smith gets a bit edgy and has to write an apology for a strip!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Rose is Rose

Y'know what this thread has been missing for a while? Cul de Sac. Let's fix that.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

Val found the fabled Crevasse of Laughing Gas

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

This has troubling implications for the way consciousness works in the FC universe.

Slylock Fox

"Yes, very impressive, Slylock. Now about my loving GOLD?"

Flash Gordon

:rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dybc0rQTHsQ

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

hell yes

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

PREGNANT

just get the gently caress out of here man. you coulda had "sweet coral-line". what are you even doing here.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

Always nice to see a realistic portrayal of the Irish.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

PainterofCrap posted:

He’s still holding the ball. Does that mean he caught it & they’re all out? So the runs will be nullified?

The ball is still in play. The Meteors are all out there just doing laps around the diamond right now.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Did Borgman run out of time to finish the cereal boxes? Also, has he seen the front of a cereal box in the last half-century? For as good as the cartooning usually is in Zits, this is a real ball-drop.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Zoomers love Stevie Wonder.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

Very Kirby-esque villain.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Comic Strips 2024: WHA...!?! SCREEEEEECH!!! POW!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Rene Belluso, found dead at 46. Ran over by a car, driver fled the scene. Many such cases.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Now he can go into recovery and receive art therapy from the demon child.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

LOL. LMAO.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Holy poo poo :patriot:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JethroMcB posted:

Y'know what this thread has been missing for a while? Cul de Sac. Let's fix that.

gently caress. YES.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I don't believe the 1/6 Flash Gordon was posted:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Does this mean Rene will wake up and not be a con artist anymore? Being hit by a bus meant the little girl lost her genius.

The Flash Gordon reminds me of that goon Photoshop of Jane's World where one of the girls went back on a time-jump to try and save some historical hottie and ended up with her time-machine destroyed, which rippled through reality and wrecked a bunch of stuff. It was actually done really well and with just the comic panels out of order.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

That's the funniest panel in today's funnies.

But -- and someone correct me if I'm wrong here -- Belluso has nothing to be on the run from, other than his own embarrassment at being caught plagiarizing. The whole attempted-murder thing has been dealt with, and he got off super light because he had turned over a new leaf. Buzzy never pressed charges about the kidnapping/car trunk incident. The original author was more than willing to sell the rights to the Mirakle people, the other two of whom are still happily making money with it. They might not like Rene much anymore, but legally, everyone's now in the clear. Belluso could stand up in the audience and announce his identity and no one could touch him. He might even still have a valid stake in the Mirakle company that they formed.

Also:

LvK posted:

I don't believe the 1/6 Flash Gordon was posted:

Huh, looks like yesterday's comics post didn't actually post. Here's the rest of mine for yesterday:

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Finally, a good cop.

Krazy Kat(September 29, 1918)

Gasoline Alley(August 28, 1919)

Little Nemo(February 23, 1908)

Hippocrass fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 7, 2024

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft
nice job on the second line batiuk.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Why has the artist made this dead pig look like noble upstanding LPer and man-about-town Slowbeef.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

:911:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hostile V posted:

Why has the artist made this dead pig look like noble upstanding LPer and man-about-town Slowbeef.

Oh good, it wasn't just me that thought that lmao.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

If only we could make an image the thread title. :allears:

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Do we finally have a replacement for gingerale bear?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

My friends, I don't have the skills to shop drunk Aldo Kelrast into that car, but I know somebody in here does. Please and thank you.

Beautiful

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Flash Gordon is so drat good.

We Are Reproducing

Once again, a reminder that flip-up sunglasses were very briefly kind of cool roundabout 1990. Also, a linguistic note: Japanese is one of those languages where calling someone who isn’t in your family by their “family role” is pretty common, especially with things like auntie or uncle or grannie or gramps (or, almost only ever if you’re trying to pick someone up, elder brother or elder sister), but also (as here) mom or dad. Also also, getting mad at a guy for trying to pick her up using her baby is a bit rich from someone who has drawn comics about using her baby to pick up guys.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 20: Extreme Freaks Billie :ohdear:

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

Who ARE these extreme freaks? Tom’s little shorts are inspired by Glenn Hoddle’s ’80s attire. Glenn and Tom have both put far too much faith in niche spiritual figures.

Billie's quote is from 2 Peter 2:14

The_Other fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I thank you for your service