Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

I want the Trump + Rhonda version of the Trump + Romney photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

He's finally starting to jump on the "January 6th was a manufactured event" bus isn't he

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Toxic Mental posted:

He's finally starting to jump on the "January 6th was a manufactured event" bus isn't he

He should know! He manufactured it!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

his problem is that he has to rely on every single house member of the gop doing the same.
If he's already hosed he might opt to do the can-kick for the greater good -- I don't think he's necessarily fully excommunicated if he gets a majority of GOP votes, and it's not like the psycho caucus is gonna not be furious.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Liquid Chicken posted:

I can see some of this poo poo going down...

Picked the ones I thought were likely. Still couldn't get a BINGO.

e: missed one

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 7, 2024

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nessus posted:

I don't think he's necessarily fully excommunicated if he gets a majority of GOP votes, and it's not like the psycho caucus is gonna not be furious.

I mean that's the thing about pissing off the psycho caucus right, who cares, their always going to be pissed off at everything so why not just piss them :shrug:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

scotland should leave the uk and join canada, just for the hell of it

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Liquid Chicken posted:

I can see some of this poo poo going down...

I don't think the creator of this image knows what a bingo card is.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Trump should never actually just run for president again.

The only part he seems to actually like is where he campaigns and his parade of hogs hoot about how great he is. He should just do a never ending tour of rallies, but he's never actually on the ballot.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BINGO2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

binGO to the polls!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Looks like that could be a real possibility:

https://twitter.com/reesejgorman/status/1744107224979411427

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Trump should never actually just run for president again.

The only part he seems to actually like is where he campaigns and his parade of hogs hoot about how great he is. He should just do a never ending tour of rallies, but he's never actually on the ballot.

Unfortunately for Trump, he NEEDS to run for president so that he can get immunity from prosecution back once he's POTUS again otherwise he's straight loving hosed and probably going to jail where he will then die eventually. The 2024 presidential race is literally an Immunity Idol competition from Survivor. Trump doesn't want to be president again, he needs to president again. All the other poo poo that comes with the job like the power to hurt everyone he hates is just gravy. It's the not going to prison part that he cares about.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 7, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1744029382442639630

Sure he would not do that in this election right?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Grammarchist posted:

The American Rescue Plan funds are already mostly committed or spent, so the only way the GOP can claw that back is to literally dig up all the fiber networks and sewer systems that went into the ground over the last couple years.

Don’t give them ideas.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Nocheez posted:

I don't think the creator of this image knows what a bingo card is.

What's the over/under on them knowing what a bingo card is?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Time to pull Johnson out and put in someone more dick named is Anthony weiner still available

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

:lol:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol someone in the GOP leadership is going to have to explain to the HFC members that they just do not have the margin to vacate the speaker

it's doubtful that will work though

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Grammarchist posted:

Yeah, and it keeps the Inflation Reduction Act in place as well it looks like. That's a pretty big deal because it's doling out a lot more money than Manchin intended, and it's spurring ton of private investment in grid modernization, efficiency, renewables, nuclear power, and related manufacturing. The American Rescue Plan funds are already mostly committed or spent, so the only way the GOP can claw that back is to literally dig up all the fiber networks and sewer systems that went into the ground over the last couple years.

they'll do it they're crazy

DaveWoo posted:

:yeeclaw:
goooooooooooooooooo gently caress yourselves terrorists lmfao

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Lmfao this rules

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I just found this neat place:

https://www.justsecurity.org/88039/...al%20to%20begin

Copy/paste for the month of January:

Monday, January 8, 2024 – GA: Motions (other than motions in limine) due (for all defendants except Mark Meadows, Jeffrey Clark and David Shafer)
Tuesday, January 9, 2024 – DC Trump Case: Oral arguments in Trump D.C. Circuit appeal of Judge Chutkan order denying his motions to dismiss based on Presidential Immunity and constitutional grounds, at 9:30 AM; MAL: Joint discovery status report due; Oregon 14A: Parties supplemental briefing due on (1) whether the plaintiffs have standing, and (2) what authority the Oregon Secretary of State has in the matter
Thursday, January 11, 2024 – NY Civil Fraud: Parties closing arguments
Monday, January 15, 2024 – Iowa Republican Presidential Caucuses
Tuesday, January 16, 2024 – MAL: Defendants motions to compel discovery; Carroll I: Trial begins at 9:30 AM (on damages only)
Wednesday, January 17, 2024 – Maine 14A: Last day for Superior Court to issue written decision on any appeal of the decision of the Secretary of State
Thursday, January 18, 2024 – Trump Colorado SCOTUS 14A: Last day for Trump brief, amicus curiae briefs in support and in support of neither party
Saturday, January 20, 2024 – Maine 14A: Last day to file notice of appeal to the decision of the Superior Court
Tuesday, January 23, 2024 – New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary
Wednesday, January 24, 2024 – Maine 14A: Last day for Trump to file appeal brief and appendix with clerk of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court
Wednesday, January 31, 2024 – Trump Colorado SCOTUS 14A: Last day for respondents briefs and amicus curiae briefs in support; Maine 14A: Last day for the Maine Supreme Judicial Court to issue its decision on any appeal of the decision of the Superior Court; NY Civil Fraud: Justice Engoron to file written decision

Thank you for the :lol: schedule. January 31 looking particularly lolworthy.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1744029382442639630

Sure he would not do that in this election right?
My understanding is that the congress that does all this election poo poo is the new congress, not the old congress. There is a very good chance that even if Trump squeaks out a win, the House will be Democrats, which presents a certain comedy option

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Wingnut Ninja posted:

What's the over/under on them knowing what a bingo card is?

:crackping:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nessus posted:

My understanding is that the congress that does all this election poo poo is the new congress, not the old congress. There is a very good chance that even if Trump squeaks out a win, the House will be Democrats, which presents a certain comedy option

Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House in Exile or Anti-Speaker

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How safe is his district?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Nessus posted:

How safe is his district?

lol he ran unopposed in 2022

Trump won it in 2020 by 24 points

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

kazil posted:

lol he ran unopposed in 2022

Trump won it in 2020 by 24 points
So unless they drum him out or he retires, he's likely to be there in '25 no matter what.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

He could get primaried. Making a big target for himself as a rino right now.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kazil posted:

lol someone in the GOP leadership is going to have to explain to the HFC members that they just do not have the margin to vacate the speaker

Oh i'm sure they get explained this multiple times a day by people all around them, but you don't become part of the HFC because you have any sort of ability to understand things.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Time to pull Johnson out and put in someone more dick named is Anthony weiner still available

How about someone with no dick or balls?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Batterypowered7 posted:

the ideal is balls but no dick

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
I hope the bill to fund the government passes, then the Republicans call another motion to vacate, and then spend two months dealing with that, before someone leaves and it becomes speaker Jeffries.

Would be a bunch of lols

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

DaveWoo posted:

:yeeclaw:
"the leopards are eating my face????" screams the "leopards who eat faces" party

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Punished Mike

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Batterypowered7 posted:

Marjorie Taylor Greene about to fulfill that unintended prophecy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

kazil posted:

the only way the hfc doesn't have the margin to vacate the speaker is if the democrats don't want to elect one of their own to the position.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Calling bullshit on the idea that Trump knows A -- Who Napoleon was and B -- What Waterloo was and why it was important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Since he doesn’t know poo poo about American history: absolutely