Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Pylons posted:

That's Lashley

lmao thaf's worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That move looks like it'd be cool as gently caress if done on a guy that wasn't as big and unwieldy as Lashley, or done by a guy bigger than Kross. Poor choice of opponent to debut it against.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Take out the pumphandle part and that's a cool finisher

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

projecthalaxy posted:

Pumphandle overdrive. Think about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_2T-Phz6FQ

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/TripleFraud/status/1743674161539461337

Why does Korea hate Solo Sikoa so much?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Seems fair since Roman is always following close after. They just loving hate that Bloodline angle and I guess they hate Solo the most because he adds the least entertainment to it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

How is Booker T an even more annoying commentator than Wade Barrett? God drat this company's presentation blows. There was a holy poo poo chant for the really great Joaquin Wilde dive & of course it's bleeped out which just sounds like rear end. Good TV match, especially when Wilde & Gulak were in the ring, but gently caress me they do their best to detract from it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

forkboy84 posted:

How is Booker T an even more annoying commentator than Wade Barrett? God drat this company's presentation blows. There was a holy poo poo chant for the really great Joaquin Wilde dive & of course it's bleeped out which just sounds like rear end. Good TV match, especially when Wilde & Gulak were in the ring, but gently caress me they do their best to detract from it.

Current day Booker T is absolutely the worst wrestling commentator I have ever heard and that includes indies or even Evil Uno's wife.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

It is insane that one man contains the multitudes that is black snow and also modern day wwe company man line toer booker t

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Stables are good. A bunch of fired midcarders aint it though. Real we have Judgment Day at home energy.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Goddamn it I'm dying

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grendels Dad posted:

That's Titus, right? I know not to expect much of him but it's still sad to see him reduced to taking that poo poo move without so much as a punch or kick to stun him. Just awkwardly flail while Dollar Store Conan puts you in the world's slowest dace-dropper, making no one look good.

Technically he got attacked by AOP from behind first but yeah what a lovely knockoff

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
The "I've trapped your limbs! Now to release them and finish this move" bit looks so bad, at least when done slowly. I get that wrestlers have to protect each other, but if you're gonna do some limb trap thingy, at least make it look like it's doing something. Like, the protected Pedigree still works for me because Trips initiates the jump with the arms still hooked and releases them mid-move, which I think is a workable compromise.

If Kross did a Pedigree like he did that Road Dogg preferred the F2 move, he'd hook the arms, release them, place his hands on their shoulders, and then jump.

Shine fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 7, 2024

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Did the AOP ever actually run that wrestling show they promoted or did they just pocket the money and go right back to WWE?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Did the AOP ever actually run that wrestling show they promoted or did they just pocket the money and go right back to WWE?

Tried and failed to make it happen 3 different times, the final time was cancelled days before after they sold under 350 tickets to a 10,000 seat UK venue. People were paid for the bookings at least https://www.si.com/wrestling/2022/07/19/wes-wrestling-entertainment-series-cancellation-dean-muhtadi But they got back in talks with WWE not long after it failed for the last time

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Maduo posted:

this looks like Kross made it in Create-A-Finisher mode

There's just so many steps and it's just so much work to get to the destination. Add to that, there's just no real flow between each step of the move, like he was told "hey mate, you've got a new finisher by the way," when he got to the arena and had to learn it about 30 minutes before the show started.

Karrion Kross also, IMO, has the disadvantage of just reeking of being what a 14 year-old edgy edgeboy thinks is "cool." Like, he just comes off as a massive tryhard.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 7, 2024

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

edogawa rando posted:

Karrion Kross also, IMO, has the disadvantage of just reeking of being what a 14 year-old edgy edgeboy thinks is "cool." Like, he just comes off as a massive tryhard.

Disadvantage? Triple H is running creative

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Majinfoose posted:

Disadvantage? Triple H is running creative

Well, lets put it this way - there's a difference between trying to be cool, and being effortlessly cool. Sooner or later, he'll get rumbled by the audience.

Have a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=569K0hyYO3E

In this tortured analogy, Karrion Kross is not Nick Cave.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

Sooner or later, he'll get rumbled by the audience.

Given that this is WWE's audience we're talking about here, I wouldn't say that's a safe assumption to make

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Given that this is WWE's audience we're talking about here, I wouldn't say that's a safe assumption to make

Well, I suppose he'll enjoy the benefits of the piped in hair dryer noise for the foreseeable future. You know the one.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
As far as I know Kross has been coasting off one good match with DBS Jr. at Bloodsport for essentially his entire career.

He probably should have retired after this:

https://twitter.com/KIStrongStyle/status/1510025370405425154?t=_JB8aVqcIiMtgaub8tvvtw&s=19

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

edogawa rando posted:

hrm but have you considered that it's time to play the game uhuehuehue?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just make him do this on every show and nothing else

https://youtu.be/QG-nQ5bg8-0?feature=shared

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

edogawa rando posted:

In this tortured analogy, Karrion Kross is not Nick Cave.

Things that make you go "hmmm"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

edogawa rando posted:

There's just so many steps and it's just so much work to get to the destination. Add to that, there's just no real flow between each step of the move, like he was told "hey mate, you've got a new finisher by the way," when he got to the arena and had to learn it about 30 minutes before the show started.

I dunno, I feel like the second paragraph answers the first

I think kross has been looking for something to be his super cool finisher that is badass and scary and edgy, and like many teenaged boys, they add armholds and leg-traps and hammerlocks and in this case, a pump handle

I would just have him do something not unlike ospreay’s hidden blade, maybe a diving knee or something to the back of the head?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

After watching him just dump Lashley on his face I would not trust Karrion Kross to deliver an impactful strike finisher that didn’t either look like absolute poo poo every time or accidentally kill a dude

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
He should just get him up for a running powerslam instead of doing the pumphandle. That way he can walk around or pose before the F5 part and it'd look so much better.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

As far as I know Kross has been coasting off one good match with DBS Jr. at Bloodsport for essentially his entire career.

Kross calling out that idiot over here in the UK who was on Big Brother (I can't remember his name but he was one of the main ones claiming that AEW were lying about the ticket sales for All In last year) for saying a bunch of unpleasant stuff about him and Scarlett was pretty good too.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

post hole digger posted:

Things that make you go "hmmm"

Watch Billy Pumpkins interviewing him and you'll understand.

rotinaj posted:

I dunno, I feel like the second paragraph answers the first

I think kross has been looking for something to be his super cool finisher that is badass and scary and edgy, and like many teenaged boys, they add armholds and leg-traps and hammerlocks and in this case, a pump handle

I would just have him do something not unlike ospreay’s hidden blade, maybe a diving knee or something to the back of the head?

Yeah, just simplify it. If it needs to be slam based, as mentioned just above, make it a running powerslam, or a simple pumphandle slam with added flair and pizzazz, which makes it more devastating by wrestle logic.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 8, 2024

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Just give Kross his side suplex from NXT back, that thing looked badass.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Karrion does the pump handle but the other guy floats over the shoulder behind him, goes for his own pump handle which Karrion also floats over and then just pump handle float over out continuously of the ring and all the way up the ramp backstage

Kross new shirt: can you handle the pump

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

edogawa rando posted:

Remember when WWE had a spooky tag team and both members AND their manager had blonde hair? Today you couldn't even fathom if you didn't see it for yourself.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Grem posted:

Remember when WWE had a spooky tag team and both members AND their manager had blonde hair? Today you couldn't even fathom if you didn't see it for yourself.

I'm trying to think of who this spooky tag team is and I'm drawing a blank.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

kane and undertaker during their flirty blonde phase. 9/11 changed everything.........

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

A Pump Handle destroys a mans cock and testicles, rendering him weaker for the F5 DDT. What a devastating move.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it was the beverly brothers

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

oldpainless posted:

Karrion does the pump handle but the other guy floats over the shoulder behind him, goes for his own pump handle which Karrion also floats over and then just pump handle float over out continuously of the ring and all the way up the ramp backstage

Kross new shirt: can you handle the pump

karrion kross redebuts as big poppa pump handle

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hoss Corncave posted:

I'm trying to think of who this spooky tag team is and I'm drawing a blank.

The brood

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

WAIT WAIT WAIT

MORE LIKE A DUMP HANDLE AMIRITE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT