Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexo posted:

The Bears only have 38 million invested in their defensive line this year.

Most of that is Ngakoue who got hurt, even if you include Sweat's extension(which kicks in next year) it's nowhere near 100 million.

Okay, but surely the fact that he thought it was well over 100 million says a lot nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Bears didn't force a single punt lmao.

Their only stops was a fumble, their Coach being stupid and running another play not to the endzone at the end of the half, and the end of the game where they would have scored if they didn't just run out the clock.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

For the record I am happy of our playoff berth and hope we win because i'll be damned if the packers deserve a longer run than us

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If Matt Stafford has any love in his heart for Detroit, he will lose this football game

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I'm just glad the Packers are finally done with their rebuild.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dexo posted:

The Bears didn't force a single punt lmao.

Their only stops was a fumble, their Coach being stupid and running another play not to the endzone at the end of the half, and the end of the game where they would have scored if they didn't just run out the clock.

To be fair the Vikings also had a highly rated defense and they also could not stop Love.

At this point when the offense is clicking the only thing that can stop them is themselves

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I feel like the best way to know whether your team is making a dumb decision or not is to see what your rival fanbase is hoping you'll do. As a Packers fan, I am absolutely pulling for the Bears to keep Eberflus and sign Fields to the Daniel Jones extension.

hughesta posted:

Bears will lose but fortunately I'm seeing the boy and the heron at 3 o clock so I will get to miss most of it

Did you enjoy it? I loved that movie.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair the Vikings also had a highly rated defense and they also could not stop Love.

At this point when the offense is clicking the only thing that can stop them is themselves

The Vikings defense was not highly rated. Teams could loving put numbers on the board against them. If you can read blitzes you can torch their backend.

Not the Bears of course. But most other teams with decent QB's and offensive schemes have found success against the Vikings.

I'm sorry, the Packers are not so loving good where not forcing a single punt or turnover on downs is acceptable lmao.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 8, 2024

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I'm just glad the Packers are finally done with their rebuild.

It was a rough few months of uncertainty but the universe is back in order.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

If Matt Stafford has any love in his heart for Detroit, he will lose this football game

Jared will take this game. Matt doesn't have to give us anything.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Shmtur posted:

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Trade fields, fire the coaches, move on. Poles has drafted very well so far. Just let him hire his guy.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Shmtur posted:

I was worried for several weeks there. I'm glad it's over, but now at least I can appreciate what Bears fans are going through, having been there myself. Don't worry guys, it gets better.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

He's already clearly head and shoulders above the Baker/Geno/Russell/Carr journeyman tier, he just needs more production to be clearly in that first group.

Geno had a *really* similar season last year. He’s been worse this year but he also played injured and the Seattle line regressed a good bit. Baker has also had a pretty similar season to Love. I don’t think he’s head and shoulders above those guys but if he can put together a few seasons of consistent production at this level he certainly will be.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Don't worry guys, it gets better.

Not for the Bears it doesn't

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Shmtur posted:

I was a bit nervous for a month or so.

Glad that's over. Ready for our once a decade super bowl win. Maybe Love will break the tradition and win two!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dexo posted:

The Vikings defense was not highly rated. Teams could loving put numbers on the board against them. If you can read blitzes you can torch their backend.

Not the Bears of course. But most other teams with decent QB's and offensive schemes have found success against the Vikings.

I'm sorry, the Packers are not so loving good where not forcing a single punt or turnover on downs is acceptable lmao.

I mean the Packers only scored 17. Whether you force a punt or not isn’t terribly important

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

I was worried for several weeks there. I'm glad it's over, but now at least I can appreciate what Bears fans are going through, having been there myself. Don't worry guys, it gets better.

Im to lazy and old to attempt to post a gif. Just pretend i posted Homer choking Bart...why i oughta!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Canned Sunshine posted:

Not for the Bears it doesn't

That's the joke

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/mattzahnsports/status/1744170425196618232

Rip Getsy.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Must be nice to always be happy in life thanks to football

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the Packers only scored 17. Whether you force a punt or not isn’t terribly important

The refs jobbed them out of 4, LaFluer hosed them out of 3, and their rookie kicker also cost them 3. The game was never particularly close and it was obvious the Packers were getting anything they wanted.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Canned Sunshine posted:

Must be nice to always be happy in life thanks to football

Yea

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The refs jobbed them out of 4,

Funniest thing ever posted by a Packers fan.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

The Bears only have 38 million invested in their defensive line this year.

Most of that is Ngakoue who got hurt, even if you include Sweat's extension(which kicks in next year) it's nowhere near 100 million.

They just gave Sweat $100 million. Walker, Jones, Ngakuoe, two 2nd round picks, and a 3rd round pick. That's a lot of resources to still have a bad line. And it's not like he was strapped for cash, they had like $100 million in cap space.

Heck, I think the guy Poles traded away (Mack) had almost as many sacks as every player Poles brought in this year.

Having nice PFF ratings is cool but doesn't really mean poo poo in the end.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Meanwhile Fields is getting murdered whenever he slides. No calls.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Bears should draft a QB and sit him for 3 years behind Fields.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexo posted:

Meanwhile Fields is getting murdered whenever he slides. No calls.

See, for us, getting jobbed is stuff like your QB never getting calls for late hits or the ref literally backing into your player so he can throw a flag on him, or the refs just failing to see the numbers on a players jersey.

For Packers fans, it's an incomplete pass being called incomplete on the field, then changed to a TD so it can be reviewed without the Packers having to use a challenge, then review correctly determining it's an incomplete pass.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Stafford vs Lions in the playoffs is a cool story

I hate it. I still have a lot of fondness for Staff and I hate having to root against him.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

And for the praise Poles get in the draft, don't forget he passed on CJ Stroud who looks like a franchise QB and Jalen Carter who was the best defensive player in the draft. The Carter one is even worse when you factor how pedestrian Wright has looked at the end of the season.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Niwrad posted:

And for the praise Poles get in the draft, don't forget he passed on CJ Stroud who looks like a franchise QB and Jalen Carter who was the best defensive player in the draft. The Carter one is even worse when you factor how pedestrian Wright has looked at the end of the season.

Dunno if I'd choose right now to gas up a player on the Eagles defense.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

MJeff posted:

See, for us, getting jobbed is stuff like your QB never getting calls for late hits or the ref literally backing into your player so he can throw a flag on him, or the refs just failing to see the numbers on a players jersey.

For Packers fans, it's an incomplete pass being called incomplete on the field, then changed to a TD so it can be reviewed without the Packers having to use a challenge, then review correctly determining it's an incomplete pass.

lol but actually

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I hate it. I still have a lot of fondness for Staff and I hate having to root against him.

The rams were great to watch this year. Puka is nuts

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

They just gave Sweat $100 million. Walker, Jones, Ngakuoe, two 2nd round picks, and a 3rd round pick. That's a lot of resources to still have a bad line. And it's not like he was strapped for cash, they had like $100 million in cap space.

Heck, I think the guy Poles traded away (Mack) had almost as many sacks as every player Poles brought in this year.

Having nice PFF ratings is cool but doesn't really mean poo poo in the end.

Counting the entire contract for one season is a bit silly lol. But sure.

Rookie DT's historically struggle early. Even the great Jalen Carter hit a loving wall and been suspect this season after tape got out on him.

Sweat has been good, Ngakuoe got hurt like right after he moved to a role he was more suited at as rather than Only Pass Rusher, but second pass rusher, but also Ngakuoe was only a one year flier.

Walker has been a decent rotational piece, and probably flashed more than any other end than Sweat.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Have you looked at what Jalen Carter has done since like the first 4 or 5 games too?

Because like I'd have to check, but Will Anderson has caught up with him as far as production.

And Gervon Dexter is also not thaaat far behind him.

Like Carter has not been head and shoulders above the rest of the defensive draft picks.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 8, 2024

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Have you looked at what Jalen Carter has done since like the first 4 or 5 games too?

Because like I'd have to check, but Will Anderson has caught up with him as far as production.

And Gervon Dexter is also not thaaat far behind him.

Have you seen Darnell Wright the past few games? There is not a team in the league who would take Wright over Carter.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

In defense of Wright though, he got so much worse when Nate Davis came back. Still think they should have kept Teven at RG because him and Wright worked so well together.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Have you seen Darnell Wright the past few games? There is not a team in the league who would take Wright over Carter.

There would be plenty of teams who would, you know the number of teams that needed a DT but passed on Carter last year.

Especially considering that Carter is supposedly having issues in the Eagles Lockerroom for mistakes and effort.

He's had sub 50% snap counts for the past 4 weeks, on a team that desperately needs pass rush?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexo posted:

There would be plenty of teams who would, you know the number of teams that needed a DT but passed on Carter last year.

Especially considering that Carter is supposedly having issues in the Eagles Lockerroom for mistakes and effort.

He's had sub 50% snap counts for the past 4 weeks, on a team that desperately needs pass rush?

In fairness, that could always just be Matt Patricia Bullshit.

But it probably isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

MJeff posted:

In fairness, that could always just be Matt Patricia Bullshit.

But it probably isn't.

touche, forgot about that.

Yeah, that's fair.

Lmao, throwing the rook Smith and backups under the bus.

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1744176009643987408