Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
gently caress the Eagles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Febreeze posted:

gently caress the Eagles

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

the times are set, but who plays in those slots will be announced after SNF

4:30pm ET, 8pm Saturday
1pm, 4:30pm, 8:20pm Sunday
8pm Monday

My guesses (if Buffalo wins):

Saturday:

430 - Browns/Texans
800 - Packers/Cowboys

Sunday:

100 - Eagles/Bucs
430 - Dolphins/Chiefs
820 - Steelers/Bills

Monday: Rams/Lions

If Dolphins win:

Saturday:

430 - Browns/Texans
800 - Steelers/Chiefs

Sunday:

100 - Eagles/Bucs
430 - Packers/Cowboys
820 - Rams/Lions

Monday: Bills/Dolphins 2 (3)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Grittybeard posted:

I really did think Easton Stick was going to run a 49 second long field goal drive there somehow or other. Despite him being Easton Stick and watching the rest of the game.

The game didn't matter so this doesn't matter, but it is amazing to me that he had 47 attempts on the game. And I think at least 10 of his 13 carries were on pass attempts where he dodged the rush and just took off. Very...weird game plan. It's not like the running backs were doing anything but they didn't have too much of a chance to other than Ekeler a bit I guess, who was bad. It was more...we must trust Easton Stick's arm!

Very pre-seasony game other than Chris Jones staying in way too long until he got his contract bonus.

Wouldn't the rationale have been "we should evaluate Easton Stick's arm"? Air it out, see how he handles pressure and whatnot. Maybe the call came from higher up too, since it would potentially aid with the draft pick.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

there's no way packers/cowboys is relegated to peacock

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Vertical Lime posted:

there's no way packers/cowboys is relegated to peacock

It's gonna be Texans/Browns

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Blind Pineapple posted:

My guesses (if Buffalo wins):

Saturday:

430 - Browns/Texans
800 - Packers/Cowboys

Sunday:

100 - Eagles/Bucs
430 - Dolphins/Chiefs
820 - Steelers/Bills

Monday: Rams/Lions

If Dolphins win:

Saturday:

430 - Browns/Texans
800 - Steelers/Chiefs

Sunday:

100 - Eagles/Bucs
430 - Packers/Cowboys
820 - Rams/Lions

Monday: Bills/Dolphins 2 (3)

Re: Networks

Sat 16h30 - NBC
Sat 20h15 - Peacock (Streaming Only)

Sun 13h00 - CBS or FOX
Sun 16h30 - CBS or FOX
Sun 20h15 - NBC

Mon 20h15 - ABC/ESPN

I know that in previous years there was essentially a draft order for networks selecting their match-ups for Wild Card weekend. Haven't found a summary of how that will work this year though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Rams @ Lions should be a good game. Either Detroit exorcizes some demons or all of the Detroit Stafford haters' brains explode.

Packers @ Cowboys opens up the juicy hypothetical where they beat their old coach and then they get owned by SF in the playoffs again. Then if Detroit wins they get the winner of PHI @ TB and I like their odds against either of them. Gotta take care of LAR first though.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I think Fox will fight harder for Lions/Rams, knowing they can probably ask for the Cowboys in the divisional round. Bucs vs Eagles should go to Peacock, but I have a feeling that the NFL will stick the Chiefs there

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hot Diggity! posted:

LaFleur should be but won't.

That defense and the fact that he hasn’t done anything about it so far is disqualifying. I also just don’t think you win a lot of laurels for going from 8-9 to 9-8.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That defense and the fact that he hasn’t done anything about it so far is disqualifying. I also just don’t think you win a lot of laurels for going from 8-9 to 9-8.

I mean you will if you go from a hall of fame QB to a dude who had played two games before.

Realistically you shouldn’t improve from that position at all

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Oh jeez, I assumed the afternoon game would be the streamer and the night game would be prime time NBC. Browns/Texans is definitely the streamer.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Praying we get the Cleveland streamer

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean you will if you go from a hall of fame QB to a dude who had played two games before.

Realistically you shouldn’t improve from that position at all

The Bucs went from 8-9 with the greatest QB of all time to 9-8 with Baker Mayfield, I guess Bowles deserves COTY.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Bucs went from 8-9 with the greatest QB of all time to 9-8 with Baker Mayfield, I guess Bowles deserves COTY.

I think you can make that argument despite all the crying people do about him yeah

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Blind Pineapple posted:

Oh jeez, I assumed the afternoon game would be the streamer and the night game would be prime time NBC. Browns/Texans is definitely the streamer.

I don't know, I could see a Mason Rudolph/Tua game being the streamer.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I don't think game quality really affects these, but I think Browns/Texans is gonna be a fun one. With Flacco and Stroud I really think there is potential for it to be a shootout.

Now that I said that, it will be tragic clownball

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

DariusLikewise posted:

Lmao the 2023 Rams are a 10 win playoff bound football team

SOSAR

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Schedule so far

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1744186888758452604?t=feK3ErCKvpcAdL_e1ko5Eg&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Oh no. Not like this.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1744187639345950824?t=td-fSK7OeUrArJPaYF99QA&s=19

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Whew, Texans avoid the streaming game.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Lions and Rams the Peacock game? Goddamn that's harsh.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Woozie66 posted:

Lions and Rams the Peacock game? Goddamn that's harsh.

No, that's Sunday Night.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

Packers @ Cowboys opens up the juicy hypothetical where they beat their old coach and then they get owned by SF in the playoffs again. Then if Detroit wins they get the winner of PHI @ TB and I like their odds against either of them. Gotta take care of LAR first though.

I'm scouring the rulebooks to see if there is a way they can both lose.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
No way the NFL would bury the LA market game on peacock

Also lol NBC paid a billion to get that game

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ches Neckbeard posted:

No way the NFL would bury the LA market game on peacock

Also lol NBC paid a billion to get that game

It's the AFC #6 seed going to Kansas City, so they're banking on people wanting to watch the 2023-24 Chiefs and/or see a few shots of Taylor Swift

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fartknocker posted:

It's the AFC #6 seed going to Kansas City, so they're banking on people wanting to watch the 2023-24 Chiefs and/or see a few shots of Taylor Swift

I hate this and I work for universal

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1744189707846574084?t=OmClz92HfTpR3H7F-uVZuQ&s=19

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Cruel of them to put the Eagles all alone on Monday night

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Thank you Jesus for not putting the Texans game on Peacock. Now I don't have to subscribe to another service until Paramount+ realizes I haven't paid for it in two years.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So NBC gets Mahomes/Kelce for the low low price of $110m.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I forgot how nice it is to have a week off before my sports team gives me rage insomnia

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

wandler20 posted:

So NBC gets Mahomes/Kelce for the low low price of $110m.

That’s a steal for TayTay, which I guarantee factored in to things if that was somehow their first choice for the Peacock game.

That said, the likely football matchups would be interesting: You may get Bills-Chiefs in the playoffs for the first time since the 13 Seconds game, Tyreek Hill going back to Arrowhead, or the Steelers who always draw their fans/viewers

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 8, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Gonna argue the 2007 AFC South was better

One extra loss for each team except the last place one

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fartknocker posted:

That’s a steal for TayTay, which I guarantee factored in to things if that was somehow their first choice for the Peacock game.

That said, the likely football matchups would be interesting: You may get Bills-Chiefs in the playoffs for the first time since the 13 Seconds game, Tyreek Hill going back to Arrowhead, or the Steelers who always draw their fans/viewers

I can say that all season Universal execs have been frothing at the mouth at the idea of getting Taylor Swift exposure and we literally have a plan in place if the Chiefs make the AFC championship or not. Like, it's affecting which :30 spots from which movies we're placing. So it doesn't really surprise me that Peacock spent $110m on getting exclusive access. But yeah, i hate it

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Febreeze posted:

:lol:the Eagles

:hmmyes:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Kind of getting used to this playoff thing.

https://twitter.com/NFLonPrime/status/1744096848564912547?t=MxQ42EcEqxollcTl52xRvw&s=19

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ha, the Lions play on Sunday night, but the day after is MLK day. No need to ask for the day off. Thank you, Doctor. :911:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Wait, what?!?!?

Wow that’s a searing indictment on the quality of the NFC in recent years and the NFC South in particular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
All My Homies Hate Peacock