Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

god drat the Noiuselund video Are You There? always frigging cracks me up, and it's groovy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Saalkin posted:

god drat the Noiuselund video Are You There? always frigging cracks me up, and it's groovy
Nice avatar :cheers: I saw King Gizzard live in 2022 and I'm seeing them again later this year.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

DaysBefore posted:

Woah there are so many Walking Dead spinoffs now. Who is still watching this garbage?

Anyway watched a couple episodes of the Tales of the Walking Dead anthology series. First episode was Terry Crews and Olivia Munn. After that nightmare was a pretty good one about a sort-of Groundhog Day thing with Parker Posey. I just can't believe Walking Dead is still valuable enough to launch all this crap

Americans absolutely love the idea of having a fantasy about gunning down all of their neighbors once they officially "othered" by being zombies.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

Noam Chomsky posted:

I’m interested and don’t have an invite.

here you go

https://discord.gg/hjaXz8zr

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

jeeves posted:

Americans absolutely love the idea of having a fantasy about gunning down all of their neighbors once they officially "othered" by being zombies.

no we aren't you rear end in a top hat. how dare you. I'll kill you with my gun!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

Nice avatar :cheers: I saw King Gizzard live in 2022 and I'm seeing them again later this year.

Hell yeah. I want to see them when they hit up Toronto but i dunno if I can find anyone to go with :(

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Cubone posted:

there's no movie theater at the alamo

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

DaysBefore posted:

Woah there are so many Walking Dead spinoffs now. Who is still watching this garbage?

Anyway watched a couple episodes of the Tales of the Walking Dead anthology series. First episode was Terry Crews and Olivia Munn. After that nightmare was a pretty good one about a sort-of Groundhog Day thing with Parker Posey. I just can't believe Walking Dead is still valuable enough to launch all this crap

Remember how no one from the business side REALLY thought it would work and they made a financially constrained 6 episode series shot on black and white 16mm because the studio wouldn't give Darabont money for colour or 24mm if he wanted to shoot on film? And that series was hugely successful so they fired Darabont and a bunch of crew, forced it to have 22 episode seasons shot digitally but still wouldn't give the production enough money to have more than one location so season 2 was just non stop whining at the farm house?

The executive mind virus is everywhere, not just Disney.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

dreezy posted:

which wins rear end best of the worst:
-tommy weisseu’s rear end in the room
-neil breen’s rear end in double down (ballsack not included)
-sam mraovitch’s rear end in ben & arthur

neil breen’s rear end in double down (ballsack included)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

trilobite terror posted:

neil breen’s rear end in double down (ballsack included)

yeah the ballsack has to be in

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
just fyi i re-watched the room on blu-ray the other day and could very clearly see tommy's balls as well

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
The Room was never on Best of the Worst so if we're opening it up to that we're opening it up to a whole world of asses.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I can confirm that you do not see Tommy's balls in Big Shark but he does have multiple pairs of gloves.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Dr. Thoss posted:

You are a nerd posted:

Is there still anybody streaming b movies on discord on fridays, or did that worthless dork who tried to stop them succeed?
still doing it, just haven't bothered posting the invite in the thread 'cause i figured by this point anyone interested would already be on the server
missed this week but it's always a good time :cheers:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Crescent Wrench posted:

The Room was never on Best of the Worst so if we're opening it up to that we're opening it up to a whole world of asses.

there is a commentary and a review of the disaster artist so ill count it

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Sunk Dunk posted:

there is a commentary and a review of the disaster artist so ill count it

this means we must also include james franco’s rear end playing tommy’s rear end

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
check the rlm rear end wiki

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
When did Will Poulter learn to act?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Kingo Ligma posted:

... they made a financially constrained 6 episode series shot on black and white 16mm

I don't think anyone remembers this.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Kingo Ligma posted:

Remember how no one from the business side REALLY thought it would work and they made a financially constrained 6 episode series shot on black and white 16mm because the studio wouldn't give Darabont money for colour or 24mm if he wanted to shoot on film? And that series was hugely successful so they fired Darabont and a bunch of crew, forced it to have 22 episode seasons shot digitally but still wouldn't give the production enough money to have more than one location so season 2 was just non stop whining at the farm house?

The best part was Darabont wanted to start season 2 out with a flashback episode that was basically "The Fall of Atlanta", to show just how hosed things got in the early days, and the execs were like "lol no" and they spent the whole season on that goddamn farm.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jose Oquendo posted:

So let's say Bruce or Jennifer are taking a poo and gotta push extra hard, which makes them a little angry. Do they hulk out right there while on the toilet? Do they have specially reinforced toilets just in case of such an emergency? Do they have larger hulk sized rolls of toilet paper?

Bruce deuce

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I don't think anyone remembers this.
yeah wait what?

I don't remember the first season of the walking dead being in black and white

kingo explain. EXPLAIN.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it was colorized in post. yeah let's go with that

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Whoah, Mandela'd as gently caress on the black and white (the Mandela effect is when someone is dumb and wrong but doesn't want to admit it). 16mm for budget reasons was right though.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
guys i think kingo is on drugs

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Oh we doing the intervention now?

Kingo, when I came in to post one morning, there you were with your head half in the toilet. Your hair was in the toilet water. Disgusting

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Repo Man (1984) is a really weird, but fun movie that I'm surprised hasn't shown up on Re:View yet.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Non Compos Mentis posted:

It's reality show editing brain rot. May god have mercy on the martyrs that enable us to see people getting married the moment they meet each other.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Vakal posted:

Repo Man (1984) is a really weird, but fun movie that I'm surprised hasn't shown up on Re:View yet.

just dan hagarty’s soupy beard in repo jake.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kingo has what we call “Mike brain”, probably from all the roids / editing

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

PostNouveau posted:

Oh we doing the intervention now?

Kingo, when I came in to post one morning, there you were with your head half in the toilet. Your hair was in the toilet water. Disgusting

Kingo, I wouldn't take that from the guy who broke into Stew Leonard’s that time, and stole all those pork loins...

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
yo idk what’s going on but Stew Leonard’s rules

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

I'll try and get my poo poo together thread, I promise. Just know in advance that definitely doesn't guarantee better posting.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Im sorry Desolation of Smaug permanently crippled the New Zealand film industry and you take your frustrations out by munching goofy pills and making internet strangers feel bad about themselves, ill try to be a better friend to you Kingo.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

This is such a Jay movie, I wouldn't be surprised if he's referenced it off-the-cuff half a dozen times if you combed through the archives.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Cacator posted:

It was definitely one of the more worthwhile 3D experiences too. All those bullets and viscera flying at you in slow motion!

You just happened to be at a mass shooting and didn't notice.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Watched "Dredd" again yesterday, still as good as people say. The satire of the awful justice system almost doesn't come through though.

Watched "Godzilla -1.0" tonight. Even though people have been saying it's great, I think it was even better than I thought it would be.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

starkebn posted:

Watched "Dredd" again yesterday, still as good as people say. The satire of the awful justice system almost doesn't come through though.

There's a few moments where Dredd is shown to want to give out poor justice and is stopped by his sidekick. But it's like 2 scenes in-between him killing the worst people, they should have expanded on it better.

Still, great movie overall.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Kingo Ligma posted:

theres a comic con panel (I think) where reporters are like 'season 1 was such a hit, what are you gonna do with the bigger budget for season 2?' and you just see darabont and everyone on the panel wince bc behind the scenes the budget got massively slashed. TWD ended up being AMCs golden goose despite their best efforts to murder it.

its an indictment of our society that corporations run by people who have no idea what the gently caress theyre doing get to lurch on for another 50 years because of inertia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

starkebn posted:

Yeah the director said in an interview they wanted to get more into that and the crazier dredd stuff in the sequels, and they were just using the first one as an introduction/proof of concept type thing.

Man I really wish they had gotten to do a sequel. :(