Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, above post pretty much nails it. Aggressive play and making it stagger is key. Haven't tried that boss since the balance passes, but shotties and gatlings are probably still your best bet. Stun needles might still be good to build huge stagger but I have no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Enforcer is a bit of an odd duck because I only ever died to it once, but every time I went up against it I felt like I was getting hit by everything, playing extremely poorly, and only eking out a win because it's health and damage are a bit lower than they probably should be.

In other words, just take big strong weapons (can be either stun-focused or energy, either works) and damage race it and you should be fine.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I found the Enforcer significantly harder than the actual Chapter 4 final boss, for what it’s worth. Scary dude!

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Enforcer is weird because it looks like an AC but it’s scaled up like 3x so I constantly misjudge distances. Considering most enemy ACs and MTs are the same size or smaller than us.

It also goes to show that the post Bloodborne innovation of making enemy models significantly larger than the player model, exists for a reason.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
thats less true than you imagine, because you also fight a lot of lcs and an hc a few times and those are both much bigger than you too. and of course stuff like the wacky mts r&d makes or the tetras are also just bigger than you. enemy acs are the only enemies that are both our size and dont fold in a couple bullets.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Enforcer is a very cool fight because its kind of about fundamentals. Its basically just a big tough AC

I definitely did not find it harder than the chapter 4 boss on my most recent playthrough but then I'm obsessed with ultralight laser sword builds and hitting that boss with the laser sword is pretty hard

On the enforcer, otoh, the strategy of 'being really fast' and 'hitting it with your sword a lot' works much better. So if you want to try that, etsujin+laser blade+2x plasma missile launchers on a nachtreiher frame (and being really aggressive) does the trick

sharkmafia fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 8, 2024

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Enforcer is my favorite boss. It's the one I can't reproduce effectively because it's so well-rounded++. Everytime I had a hard time against it, it was because I wasn't kicking. Try kicking.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
I noticed a pretty big difference when I went back to S-rank that mission. It might have been the kasuar legs giving me a lot more air time but it was also probably just skill improvement.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Thanks for all the tips, I switched up my build and went for a lightweight AC with a shotgun, pulse sword, and two of the shoulder-mounted 6-shot plasma missile launchers and kept right up in its face and beat it on my third try. Felt good!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Darth Nat posted:

Thanks for all the tips, I switched up my build and went for a lightweight AC with a shotgun, pulse sword, and two of the shoulder-mounted 6-shot plasma missile launchers and kept right up in its face and beat it on my third try. Felt good!

Hell yeah! Well done :buddy:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Sister and bro in law got me AC6 for Christmas, did the very smart and reasonable thing and powered through more than 2/3 of it today, definitely didn't give myself a headache brute forcing a gauntlet of From bosses blind.

Revived the spirit of my AC2 mech: medium speedy with enough bulk to have a heavy shoulder explosive(songbirds), dual machine guns and ultimately the fastest 3 missile plasma missile available for reloads. Lots of weapon swaps when needed and dual rifles carried a lot of weight too. Reverse joints all the way so I went from ultra mobile to tanky balanced, press jump to dodge up is great. Ammo juggling was tight throughout, though once you get mid level weapons you have to really botch it or be in one of Those Missions to completely empty out. Only punched one mid level mission to death. Couldn't take Michigan due to attrition, but that one is a loadout puzzle that has a vastly easier bypass option available. NG+ problems for Tomorrow's Me.

Spectacle missions are great, arena was pretty good and reasonable the full time. Most of the bosses are great, though I wish I could select "Restart Checkpoint + Enter Assembly" instead of waiting to die for 20+ seconds, including 10 seconds of death animation.

My only genuine complaint would be that the PvE enemy feedback on attacks can be really dodgy and the sound design has loads of constant garbage noise. I had to turn voices off for a majority of bosses because in a split second dodging game the cost to my focus adds up with 30+ seconds of dialogue. Or hearing 3-6 lines in a row that my gun has less ammo because I'm shooting it, and getting damaged hurts me, or using a repair kit means I have less repair kits, followed by 1-2 mission controls, often in a row, telling me to dodge attacks to live in mission 20+. Endurance fights with rooms of enemies and endless meaningless attack incoming beeps gets old too. I've never said shut up to a game so often in my life.

Ayre felt like somebody at From tripling down on Elden Beast design problems, or another episode of me yelling at my monitor "I want to fight the boss, not the camera."

I admire that one of the endings is an enormous pyrrhic victory at best.

Rusty is my friend. :buddy:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 9, 2024

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Hard lock perfectly tracks teleporting bosses.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like a big dummy in that it broke constantly and I had to vaguely be manually facing the target as this happened to me throughout the game with anybody zwee dashing behind me. I'm ready to accept I played the entire game doing it wrong though.

I went full tank and made her fight me at a wall. I'm not even sad, I cleared the last bits of the AC2 arena by also swapping to a tank or quadped walking fortress, at least as far as I vaguely remember.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

If you're playing on mouse+keyboard (otherwise a better control scheme, imo) it's difficult to avoid delocking targets that move out of your view by shifting the mouse slightly

that said its really not a big issue because the mouse allows you to spin your view much faster than you could on a controller anyway

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Doomykins posted:

I feel like a big dummy in that it broke constantly and I had to vaguely be manually facing the target as this happened to me throughout the game with anybody zwee dashing behind me. I'm ready to accept I played the entire game doing it wrong though.

I went full tank and made her fight me at a wall. I'm not even sad, I cleared the last bits of the AC2 arena by also swapping to a tank or quadped walking fortress, at least as far as I vaguely remember.

If you try to move your camera while hardlocked it breaks your hardlock, you need to not move your mouse/thumbstick at all.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I use controller but it's entirely possible that I'm shifting focus every time my knee touches my desk. A comedy of self inflicted errors, dawning on me in horror.

Cirina posted:

If you try to move your camera while hardlocked it breaks your hardlock, you need to not move your mouse/thumbstick at all.

Oh god :negative:

Uhhhh my NG+ may be significantly easier, thank you.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

If you're playing with KBM, mouse movement breaks hardlock. They really should've added a deadzone to it.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Yeah you can avoid that on controller by just taking your thumb off the stick and only using it when you need to switch/acquire targets

On mouse you inevitably end up moving it while clicking the poo poo out of your mouse buttons although as I said it's not really a huge issue

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I just never really found the hardlock useful even when it was working properly so I never bothered to use it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Conspiratiorist posted:

If you're playing with KBM, mouse movement breaks hardlock. They really should've added a deadzone to it.

a general deadzone would be a million times worse than the way it works right now, and conversely i'm not sure that one that only takes effect while you've got hard lock-on would actually help with the problem

just get better at snap aim (or use a controller I GUESS)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I can't believe I played the entire game as close range machine guns without using hard lock like this. :qq:

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

A deadzone while hardlock is engaged means you don't need to lift the mouse to press buttons on it.

Just "getting gud" at softlock isn't enough because you need to hardlock to land any kicks.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Also re: the fight mentioned, personally I think Ayre is a loving rad fight, one of the best in the game. as a fast melee build, anyway

It's pretty hard, especially on a first playthrough, but once you get used to the teleports behind you poo poo nothing feels too unfair and you feel like you're making appreciable progress even when you die. I didn't find it as frustrating as the first time i met the chapter 1 and 4 bosses

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

It's the only boss I died a bunch again, and retried several times to get good at so I could get consistent clean wins.

Trivialized by missiles tho

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I just rammed with the lance and blew her up

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I'm in agony about this hard lock thing. Every time somebody got behind or beside me out of my FoV I would quick boost backwards or jump up and rotate my camera to track them.

I finished chapter 4 like this. I beat Cel with dual machine guns and shoulder gatlings under the belief that if I live to inflict 1-2 stuns then she can't hurt me if she dies first. Dual LC/AC fights. The freaking HCs. Snailetus. The arena.

Then I started NG+ tonight and I bounced the Baletus between stun states back to back. I might be able to use melee weapons now.

Look I was just poisoning the Allmind well by offering the dumbest mercenary data on Rubicon.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Keep in mind that there's also a specific difference between soft-lock and hard-lock, which is affected by various stats and definitely affects how you use several weapons effectively.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Bleck posted:

Keep in mind that there's also a specific difference between soft-lock and hard-lock, which is affected by various stats and definitely affects how you use several weapons effectively.

What are you talking about?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
By default, you're in soft-lock mode, and pressing the target assist button activates hard-lock. In soft-lock, your machine will lock on to the target you're looking at, but won't automatically move your camera to track them. In hard-lock, the camera follows the target.

The reason this matters is because your actual targeting reticule (the red + symbol) locks onto to targets over a period of time after you target them - next time you play, check out how locking onto a target moves the red reticle near the target, but still takes a moment or two to actually fully lock onto it.

When fully locked on, your targeting computer will compensate for the enemy's movement and be significantly more accurate, but before that happens, you're just shooting in the general direction of the target and hoping it hits, even if you're locked onto them. The reason I bring this up is because hard-lock makes it easier to track a target, but soft-lock significantly reduces the time it takes your FC to fully lock-on. While hard-lock makes it easier to keep your opponent in your sights, the downside is that it makes it more difficult to actually hit them with your weapons.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Don't forget to turn up your camera sensitivity in the settings. It'll help you look around much faster.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Doomykins posted:

I'm in agony about this hard lock thing. Every time somebody got behind or beside me out of my FoV I would quick boost backwards or jump up and rotate my camera to track them.

I finished chapter 4 like this. I beat Cel with dual machine guns and shoulder gatlings under the belief that if I live to inflict 1-2 stuns then she can't hurt me if she dies first. Dual LC/AC fights. The freaking HCs. Snailetus. The arena.

Then I started NG+ tonight and I bounced the Baletus between stun states back to back. I might be able to use melee weapons now.

Look I was just poisoning the Allmind well by offering the dumbest mercenary data on Rubicon.

Well regardless of hard lock stuff getting back to balteus and utterly destroying it is a standard cool NG+ thing. It's like 50% you being way better at the game and 50% your options being way less limited

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tweets you can hear.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

I'm at the point where I have to decide to side with either Carla or Ayre and I am paralyzed with indecision.

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

Just finished NG over the weekend: sided w/Carla and it definitely felt like a Bad Ending.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Darth Nat posted:

I'm at the point where I have to decide to side with either Carla or Ayre and I am paralyzed with indecision.

It makes it legitimately a hard choice, but the generally accepted route through the game is Fires of Raven > Liberator of Rubicon > Alea Iacta Est, so side with Carla first, then Ayre in New Game+

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It's weird that this game where I don't really understand the plot and with characters that you literally never see in person makes me feel like I'm committing some horrendous betrayal no matter what I do.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Darth Nat posted:

It's weird that this game where I don't really understand the plot and with characters that you literally never see in person makes me feel like I'm committing some horrendous betrayal no matter what I do.

Don't worry, it's just business.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

denereal visease posted:

Just finished NG over the weekend: sided w/Carla and it definitely felt like a Bad Ending.

It feels even worse in NG+ so best to rip the bandaid off early, so to speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't worry, it's just business.

It's just a job 621. All of it.