Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

havent looked at the succ zone in months

taking a tolerance break before the election really ramps up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

yeah we're gonna have a whole like half a year of mayhem, why read it now

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
polifails

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the weekend was too short

dont want to work tomorrow

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
just don't work

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

FirstnameLastname posted:

just don't work

this

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

i just spent four hours making red beans and rice and one of my two RTO days is tomorrow and i'm just not feeling it

our district's director finally just retired on new year's day so i'm mostly hoping that the acting person doesn't mandate more days or something or get replaced with an even more insectoid freak

we all did this job for literally years fully remote, it's complete bullshit. and lol they just closed our old office so now we're hotelling with a different unit, switching off RTO days with a complex schedule that's cube-by-cube

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
then again, a pension and "literally impossible to be fired" are quite nice perks, so i'll definitely put up with such nonsense

but still, i like waking up whenever instead of a commute

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
anyway please make the goku rockwell painting the background, tia

also here's the backstory on the og one

quote:

Freedom of Speech depicts a scene of a local town meeting in which Jim Edgerton, the lone dissenter to the town selectmen's announced plans to build a new school, as the old one had burned down,[7] was accorded the floor as a matter of protocol.[8]

lol

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
im going to tell my boss im working from home from now on. without me he has no loving income. he really is a loving idiot that has only stayed in business from shear inertia and the fact that his clients are somehow even more stupid than he is.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 07:39 on Jan 8, 2024

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

then again, a pension and "literally impossible to be fired" are quite nice perks, so i'll definitely put up with such nonsense

but still, i like waking up whenever instead of a commute
ya. tho i completely expect to die on the job before I can even touch my PEPRA pension. but maybe my partner or kids or w/e will still get something out of it

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Goku is against public education? Stupid bitch.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Goku is against public education? Stupid bitch.

Unlike his son he never went to school and it shows

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

ya. tho i completely expect to die on the job before I can even touch my PEPRA pension. but maybe my partner or kids or w/e will still get something out of it

i used to think that, but apparently stress diseases can kill you faster than smoking so i worry about outliving hoverwife, despite my whole rear end cancer thing

physicians born after like 1980 are probably going to largely be dying in their 60s or some poo poo, it's terrible what they do to them between understaffing and covid and all

speaking of smoking, i did just join the autistic manchild world of meerschaum pipes, so we'll see

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
do you smoke meth with that?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

RadiRoot posted:

do you smoke meth with that?

no no, pipe tobacco from a tobacconist like a grandpa

i started going grey at like 25 so it's not appropriating gramps culture

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

speaking of smoking, i did just join the autistic manchild world of meerschaum pipes, so we'll see

hell yeah. i always secretly wanted to be a pipe guy but loll

smoking in an apartment is banned here so ill just stick to vaping cuz im too lazy to go outside

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
a buddy of mine tried to get me into cigars, but woof i'm not 20 anymore

just all weirdly burping up stink days later, like a costco hotdog

also the nicotine can really gently caress up your sleep schedule

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i prefer lung cancer

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Mr. Lobe posted:

Unlike his son he never went to school and it shows

he attended the school of running around the woods beating up dinosaurs for lunch

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
if you smoke cigarettes you should be more worried about emphysema and heart disease which will almost certainly getcha

lung cancer is horrific but relatively quick and cheap, compared to most cancers

if the government really wanted to save money on healthcare they'd subsidize cigs

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i used to think that, but apparently stress diseases can kill you faster than smoking so i worry about outliving hoverwife, despite my whole rear end cancer thing

physicians born after like 1980 are probably going to largely be dying in their 60s or some poo poo, it's terrible what they do to them between understaffing and covid and all

i had a couple in my teens... turk is famous for meerschaum. they can be shaped pretty well; one i had was like this example on Wikipedia. it got seized by a teacher.

also

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 09:41 on Jan 8, 2024

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
hell yeah dude

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
im that

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

RadiRoot posted:

im going to tell my boss im working from home from now on. without me he has no loving income. he really is a loving idiot that has only stayed in business from shear inertia and the fact that his clients are somehow even more stupid than he is.

What if we all did this at the same time?

:thunk:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ungass the pipe thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932508&pagenumber=5&perpage=40

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 14:15 on Jan 8, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lobster gassing it instead of sticking than goldmines. Shpuld have lost his Dan star

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

havent looked at the succ zone in months

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I read the succ zone all the time.

For some reason.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

its the stancil zone btw please be respectful

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Xaris posted:

drank a little on sunday and had a miserable time i want my Sunday back

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al! posted:

drank a little on sunday and had a miserable time i want my Sunday back

smdh should have had some nice sleepy time chamomile tea instead.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

making a nice cup of chamomile tea and vodka

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

*in pfc*
Way to consume poisonous,empty calories

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

does he do that?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

he does,and we love him for it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I like when he brags about not ordering out for food then the next day talks about the restaurant food he had delivered being expensive.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

*in PFC*
It cost us $400 to have 3 wagyu steaks delivered. We didn't even buy a black truffle bloomin' onion this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

i thought he was complaining about burger king