Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

kiimo posted:

For some reason I read that and thought White Lotus and was going to say it's not a big deal but Glass Onion yikes

Yeah that is unfuckingforgivable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

We watched The Menu the other night at my friend's house and then ate cheeseburgers and s'mores for dinner. we relished it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My introduction to Oklahoma style smash burgers

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a sexual elk posted:

I got a ham bone in the freezer and wondering if I should make a pork stock

I mean what else will you use it for? Collard greens? Split pea & ham soup?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

We watched The Menu the other night at my friend's house and then ate cheeseburgers and s'mores for dinner. we relished it.

I've yet to talk to folks that saw The Menu and didn't get a cheeseburger afterwards. I literally drove to McDonald's to get a quarter pounder with cheese & I haven't been to a McDonald's for almost 3 years before then.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Menu rocks, watched it solo, then made wife watch it. Then we watched it again a couple weeks later. Same situation with The Bear.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ppl of tff i bring to you another football e/n:

i was talking to my brother in law about football which is a terrible idea bc he thinks he knows way more than he does. anyway, out of nowhere he tells me "you know nfl players piss on themselves all the time? in the huddle they piss on themselves." and i'm like what are you talking about so he comes back with "no you don't understand they can't use the bathroom on the field so they just piss in their pants and it keeps them warm in cold games" and i just stared at him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tell him the legend of Lamar taking a poo poo

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

He heard about Mark Schlereth and thinks that’s everyone

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Android Apocalypse posted:

Have you asked around in the Awful iOS App thread?

FWIW I'm not seeing any issues on my iPhone 14 Pro.

Shindragon posted:

same no problems for me on my iphone

No idea why, but the problem resolved itself this evening :shrug:

Thank you for the replies!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

First fire of the year since we finally got some real snow up on the mountain.

https://imgur.com/a/0GycSuA

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Dr_Strangelove posted:

He heard about Mark Schlereth and thinks that’s everyone

why did he bring up piss out of the blue

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trump talk is heating up

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hi TFF Friends,

Selling a gaming mouse. Posting here before SA-Mart if it comes to that.
TLDR: Friends went in on presents together to help me improve my gaming situation. They wanted to get me wireless gaming equipment but someone ordered the wrong Razer mouse. This Basilisk ultimate doesn't have qi wireless charging. Otherwise it's rad!

Asking for $100.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just realized I haven’t had a computer in the last 4 years

E: wife has an old apple laptop but that only gets used for her crochet

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

wtf we’re about to watch Glass Onion on Netflix and the little preview thing spoils part of the reveal at the end.

Are those randomly generated or manually done because either way that’s dumb as hell.

What did it spoil specifically? Was it the thing where a bit of the movie will play or the trailer?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Worst part about living at 7200 feet over sea level is it is HARD to get a Maillard reaction, everything wants to steam. I’ve had to include a 25% cook time to everything and just eyeball every recipe cause there’s a weird science I have to think about in every meal

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

ppl of tff i bring to you another football e/n:

i was talking to my brother in law about football which is a terrible idea bc he thinks he knows way more than he does. anyway, out of nowhere he tells me "you know nfl players piss on themselves all the time? in the huddle they piss on themselves." and i'm like what are you talking about so he comes back with "no you don't understand they can't use the bathroom on the field so they just piss in their pants and it keeps them warm in cold games" and i just stared at him

No football in the football thread

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

GD_American posted:

Billy West (the Red M&M) explaining JK Simmons is the Yellow M&M

Learned something new today.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I mean what else will you use it for? Collard greens? Split pea & ham

Well I had made a brown sugar/honey/syrup/mustard glaze on the ham and saved all the drippings for future stir fry beef/chicken marinades. Pork stock seems weird, like saving hot dog water haha. I hate wasting stuff but what can I apply it to. Know ham cheese tater soup is a thing. But Christ that’s a stretch, my angle would be a mashed tater (Yukon/Idahos) cooked in pork stock with a cheese sauce maybe corn and some shredded ham

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

a sexual elk posted:

No football in the football thread

i thought i'd get hit for off topic posting in the n/v thread

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

i thought i'd get hit for off topic posting in the n/v thread

Bro 80% of our teams let us down. So we’re gonna be bored till the draft. Don’t think mods gonna be strict in those threads till then haha. But no football in the football chat thread

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

And please don’t get me wrong.
This one thread is absolutely amazing.
Food, family, pets, venting, home repair, travel advice, day to day, pest control, shows to watch, deaths, just amazing people.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Last thing we wanna think about is loving football haha

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

I have never seen The Wire

I have never seen Band of Brothers

Neither of these shows is even particularly tall??

BoB Chat:
Malarkey was also in Party of Five about 300 years ago. I once said hi to Jennifer Love Hewitt in the elevator at my old office (which itself starred in Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip) and she was probably the prettiest person I've ever seen IRL.

Drive Chat: I once drove from Chicago to Phoenix in one sitting when I was 25 or so. Then I slept for 16 hours.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

a sexual elk posted:

Bro 80% of our teams let us down. So we’re gonna be bored till the draft. Don’t think mods gonna be strict in those threads till then haha. But no football in the football chat thread

I'm gonna talk about football in the football threads and in this one and you can't stop me

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Also my brother is moving to Montana and it seems like every time they're finally about to leave, another crisis pops up. This time they got about 3 hours into the trip and my Dad's truck's radiator blew.

I feel bad and want to help but I don't know how

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I'm gonna talk about football in the football threads and in this one and you can't stop me

Gonna roll down the back of the mountain to give you a swirlie, Palm Springs is prolly the closest goon spot to me in mileage

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 8, 2024

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Hi TFF Friends,

Selling a gaming mouse. Posting here before SA-Mart if it comes to that.

*puts on Fun Police mod hat*

FYI - the strong preference is for anything sold this way on SA to go through SA-Mart. I appreciate trying to do mate's rates for somebody in here who may need it, but SA-Mart is the proper dedicated space for that.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

Oof. You should still watch it, but eesh.

Freaquency posted:

What did it spoil specifically? Was it the thing where a bit of the movie will play or the trailer?

I’d already seen it but my gf hadn’t and we’d just watched Knives Out. It was the random scene that plays as you hover over the movie title. I changed it quick so she didn’t see but it’s the scene where Janelle Monet’s character reveals she’s not dead/is the sister as she’s walking down the stairs. like wtf

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

3 DONG HORSE posted:

If you’re ever in Atlanta or Nashville, The Optimist has the same one. I can’t remember if it’s the owner or head chef or whoever but they supposedly did the food design for The Menu.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That was such a good looking burger.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s loving amazing

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

FizFashizzle posted:

The 2nd unit director of The Menu was David Gelb, who is the show runner of Chef's Table. It made the line Tyler said about Chef's Table an inside joke. :v:

a sexual elk posted:

Well I had made a brown sugar/honey/syrup/mustard glaze on the ham and saved all the drippings for future stir fry beef/chicken marinades. Pork stock seems weird, like saving hot dog water haha. I hate wasting stuff but what can I apply it to. Know ham cheese tater soup is a thing. But Christ that’s a stretch, my angle would be a mashed tater (Yukon/Idahos) cooked in pork stock with a cheese sauce maybe corn and some shredded ham

Grab a couple more pork bones/knuckles/feet and make tonkotsu broth. It's definitely ramen season.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The first time I ever made smash burgers was shortly after watching the Menu. They're so drat good.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

harperdc posted:

*puts on Fun Police mod hat*

FYI - the strong preference is for anything sold this way on SA to go through SA-Mart. I appreciate trying to do mate's rates for somebody in here who may need it, but SA-Mart is the proper dedicated space for that.

Gotcha, I will do the post there. Thank you for letting me know!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There's a food cart near work that makes smash burgers. They're good, but not $9 for a single patty good*.

*and who orders a single smash patty burger?!?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Sometimes, when the brain is very sick, you go to lift weights

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pron on VHS posted:

Sometimes, when the brain is very sick, you go to lift weights

Started testing my 1 rep max this week.

Using an online calculator, my back squat dropped from 241.7lbs to 223.7lbs, and my seated OHP dropped from 125lbs to 121.8lbs.

Getting old sucks. :corsair:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’d already seen it but my gf hadn’t and we’d just watched Knives Out. It was the random scene that plays as you hover over the movie title. I changed it quick so she didn’t see but it’s the scene where Janelle Monet’s character reveals she’s not dead/is the sister as she’s walking down the stairs. like wtf

Welp, that’s some horseshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Started testing my 1 rep max this week.

Using an online calculator, my back squat dropped from 241.7lbs to 223.7lbs, and my seated OHP dropped from 125lbs to 121.8lbs.

Getting old sucks. :corsair:

Hell yeah my friend. This is the path to eventual glory.