Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

kiimo posted:

call me when you win 8 in a row

I just want to say I appreciate this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

wilderthanmild posted:

Is Miami at KC the fraud bowl?

Bucs Eagles is right there, man

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

stuker posted:

they were never as good as they were made out to be in the first half of the season, but you can't exactly schedule your injuries either

plenty of blame falls on mcdaniel but what exactly is "peaking too soon" other than random chance? i don't think anyone's gonna hold onto the "put my fast guys in motion" plays until the postseason

this is definitely on mcdaniel. if you're supposed to be an offensive whiz kid then you can't just scheme up a great offense preseason and then stick with it midseason once its requisite parts start to break down. you have to figure out something different. it seemed like he thought with the defense starting to step up he could keep going with the decreasing success of what he was doing but it just wasn't enough. incredibly frustrating to watch achane be one of the most exciting guys on the field and mcdaniel fail to get the ball in his hands

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

pasaluki posted:

https://x.com/BuffaloBills/status/1744215319235674377

Behold the Beast. Upon his head rests 4 crowns and the number of the beast:
It is 17.

I remember another 4-year streak the Bills had, wonder what happened with that

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Parallax posted:

this is definitely on mcdaniel. if you're supposed to be an offensive whiz kid then you can't just scheme up a great offense preseason and then stick with it midseason once its requisite parts start to break down. you have to figure out something different. it seemed like he thought with the defense starting to step up he could keep going with the decreasing success of what he was doing but it just wasn't enough. incredibly frustrating to watch achane be one of the most exciting guys on the field and mcdaniel fail to get the ball in his hands

completely agree with you on all of this, i just think it’s silly to portray the early success as a bad thing

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

They wouldn't even be in the playoffs if they hadn't balled out that hard early season because the defense was horrid! An offense like the one Miami has is always going to start hotter than is possible to maintain, the frustrating thing is the improvement of the defense to pick up the slack has been marred by injuries (and also being made to look like a fool by the ravens).

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

this is probably a dumb take but if i was a dolphins fan i probably would prefer not playing the bills twice in two weeks. i dont my team to play any team twice in two weeks. i fuckin actively hate it when there's a home and away that bookends another game, especially if its poo poo like steelers/browns/steelers.

that's not gonna be any comfort to miami fans, i know. it don't mean anything but it sucks.

Borsche69 fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 8, 2024

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I wanted the dolphins to win tonight because I thought there is no way they'd win the rematch next week if they did.

Edit: Oddly enough, I think @KC is reasonably winnable for Miami and I think I give them better odds than hosting Buffalo again.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Borsche69 posted:

this is probably a dumb take but if i was a dolphins fan i probably would prefer not playing the bills twice in two weeks. i dont my team to play any team twice in two weeks. i fuckin actively hate it when there's a home and away that bookends another game, especially if its poo poo like steelers/browns/steelers.

that's not gonna be any comfort to miami fans, i know. it don't mean anything but it sucks.

This is sorta what I was hoping for but I was also hoping for no injuries to go along with it and that didn't happen. There was no way we were gonna win off Josh Allen turning the ball over four times two weeks in a row

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

McDaniels biggest problem was those awful 1st down plays

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
How many times have the Phins made the playoffs this century?

This had gotta only be like the 4th or 5th time right?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Relentlessboredomm posted:

How many times have the Phins made the playoffs this century?

This had gotta only be like the 4th or 5th time right?

remember that time they got in over the 11-5 pats

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

kiimo posted:

I can say that all season Universal execs have been frothing at the mouth at the idea of getting Taylor Swift exposure and we literally have a plan in place if the Chiefs make the AFC championship or not. Like, it's affecting which :30 spots from which movies we're placing. So it doesn't really surprise me that Peacock spent $110m on getting exclusive access. But yeah, i hate it

You have my sincere condolences kiimo. What a loving wasteland the minds of those execs must be.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
youd think living in new jersey he would be satisfied to simply not be a jets fan

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

wilderthanmild posted:

I wanted the dolphins to win tonight because I thought there is no way they'd win the rematch next week if they did.

Edit: Oddly enough, I think @KC is reasonably winnable for Miami and I think I give them better odds than hosting Buffalo again.

Miami is not winning a zero degree primetime game in Kansas City are you out of your mind. this team is a loving joke

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bring in Fitzmagic as a last second QB.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Freaquency posted:

I remember another 4-year streak the Bills had, wonder what happened with that

Having grown up in africa, 4 straight superbowls

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Barudak posted:

Having grown up in africa, 4 straight superbowls

Jealous of you getting the good merch

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Jealous of you getting the good merch

:dogstare:
Alternatively,
AI could never create something with soul like this.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

Falcons already fired Smith lol

drake london popping champagne

maybe a real NFL offense gets implemented next year

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Apparently the Saints ran a fake kneel down with under 2 minutes left to score a TD and run up the score to 48-17?

To that I say, "LOL"

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

wilderthanmild posted:

Apparently the Saints ran a fake kneel down with under 2 minutes left to score a TD and run up the score to 48-17?

To that I say, "LOL"

You missed the drama about it too. Arthur Smith went and cussed out Dennis Allen for doing it instead of shaking his hand. And then Allen went to the podium and said it was shameful the players went behind his back and did it and apologized to Smith and the falcons.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

You missed the drama about it too. Arthur Smith went and cussed out Dennis Allen for doing it instead of shaking his hand. And then Allen went to the podium and said it was shameful the players went behind his back and did it and apologized to Smith and the falcons.

lol at a rich failson like Arthur Smith complaining about someone putting a foot on his throat. That's just life princess!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
What a legendary clusterfuck. So a head coach is so disrespected that his own team ignores him to go out and run an insulting and unnecessary trick play when basically everyone expects to just kneel down and go home? The only way he could look worse here would be if he actually called the play but is throwing the players under the bus.

I'm a little confused why the offense decided on the trick play instead of like coming out in I Formation if they were gonna ignore the coach anyway. Edit: I guess it was as much to trick the coach as the other team, because he'd probably call timeout if he saw that.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

wilderthanmild posted:

What a legendary clusterfuck. So a head coach is so disrespected that his own team ignores him to go out and run an insulting and unnecessary trick play when basically everyone expects to just kneel down and go home? The only way he could look worse here would be if he actually called the play but is throwing the players under the bus.

I'm a little confused why the offense decided on the trick play instead of like coming out in I Formation if they were gonna ignore the coach anyway. Edit: I guess it was as much to trick the coach as the other team, because he'd probably call timeout if he saw that.

Jamal Williams was the rb in the kneel formation. He didn't get a single td this year, and before the play call, the players asked Dennis if they could run a play to get Jamal in the endzone. Allen said no. But in the huddle, jameis asked the players if they should do it anyway and they all said yeah.

Jameis said it had nothing to do with insulting the falcons because "what's the difference between 48-17 and 41-17" lol. They just wanted Jamal to get a TD before the season ended.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I was laughing a lot last night about it and it’s still funny, but yeah calling a run out of V formation is a dick move that can injure the defenders who may be relaxing on the snap and I can see why the Atlanta coaches were so pissed off

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think we should all tip our caps to the saints for that one. Keeping it very real in highly underrated bitter rivalry with that dunk of a score in the last game of losing seasons for both teams. That's commitment.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Maybe Jamal Williams shouldn't have sucked rear end all season instead of taking a cheap rear end meaningless gimme TD.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wilderthanmild posted:

I'm a little confused why the offense decided on the trick play instead of like coming out in I Formation if they were gonna ignore the coach anyway.

I forget, did they have a time out? If so that makes the formation necessary for the players putting one over on their coach.

The whole thing is very silly, no one cares if you lose by 24 or 31 points. And no one cares if you win by even more of course and I get the people who are a bit frowny about that--to a point, if you think this is the worst thing you've ever seen go away. But it gives us future possible beef in a rivalry that already has plenty of that, so that is amazingly good.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Jameis Winston was the real hero yesterday by making that audible.

Grittybeard posted:

I forget, did they have a time out? If so that makes the formation necessary for the players putting one over on their coach.

The whole thing is very silly, no one cares if you lose by 24 or 31 points. And no one cares if you win by even more of course and I get the people who are a bit frowny about that--to a point, if you think this is the worst thing you've ever seen go away. But it gives us future possible beef in a rivalry that already has plenty of that, so that is amazingly good.

They had all three.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is it true that you have to notify the refs if you're kneeling and there's a penalty for running a real play? Do the refs tell the defense that?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

Is it true that you have to notify the refs if you're kneeling and there's a penalty for running a real play? Do the refs tell the defense that?

I think that's college only.

I just know a Schiano man would never have let this happen.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

running up the score in a meaningless game between two bad teams is funny. i stand with the saints.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lobster, please ban Dennis Allen

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

wandler20 posted:

Maybe Jamal Williams shouldn't have sucked rear end all season instead of taking a cheap rear end meaningless gimme TD.

salty enough take I had to do a double check that it wasn't coming from a Falcons fan

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

every time I see something about "Arthur Smith" I picture a 65 year old crusty guy in my head

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Arthur Smith is the sone of the fedex founder lol what a failson

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jamaal Williams having 17 TDs last year with the Lions and only getting 1 this year because of a kneel down trick is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jamaal Williams having 17 TDs last year with the Lions and only getting 1 this year because of a kneel down trick is pretty funny.

Eagles got the wrong back from the lions.