Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I hope Aaron Glenn isn't just the Rooney rule token interview for year after year and actually gets a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Glenn has a bad defense and calls bad defensive schemes, I thought

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i assume they're working for a trade but i hope nobody bites and they end up having to bring bill back for another year

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's still extremely weird to me you can trade head coaches like assets.

I understand the reasoning on why this doesn't happen, but who would be the first rear end in a top hat to prevent a hot OC/DC candidate from getting a HC job because they want the acquiring team to trade for them.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Harlock posted:

I understand the reasoning on why this doesn't happen, but who would be the first rear end in a top hat to prevent a hot OC/DC candidate from getting a HC job because they want the acquiring team to trade for them.

Tepper would do it, but he'd have to get a hot OC/DC candidate to begin with

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Harlock posted:

I think it works this way already with the assistant head coach job

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I'm reserving judgement on Aaron Glenn until after the playoffs.

I want to see his defence in true must play circumstances, because, really, the two greatest examples of must / high pressure games for the Lions:

This year against Dallas: The defence was great.
Last year against Green Bay: The defence wasn't.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Josina confirmed the Falcons interest in Belichick as Russini reported. Also said the Panthers are looking into his availability as well.
https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1744398221558808847?s=20

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I hope Aaron Glenn isn't just the Rooney rule token interview for year after year and actually gets a job.
I would think Bieniemy is already chalked up for an interview being the OC and all so I don't think that's the case here.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Bieniemy has a real shot at the Washington vacancy or anywhere else. Feels like his name was trucked out year after year but now nothing, but maybe going from KC to Washington will do that

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

shyduck posted:

I would think Bieniemy is already chalked up for an interview being the OC and all so I don't think that's the case here.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Bieniemy has a real shot at the Washington vacancy or anywhere else. Feels like his name was trucked out year after year but now nothing, but maybe going from KC to Washington will do that

If he had any chance to get that job they would've fired Ron during the season and promoted him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Glenn has a bad defense and calls bad defensive schemes, I thought

Pretty much but the players absolutely love him so maybe he'd be a good CEO type.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

If he had any chance to get that job they would've fired Ron during the season and promoted him.
Not necessarily. When Staley was fired, they offered Moore the interim tag and he said no. Entirely possible WAS wanted to fire Ron and asked Bieniemy said "nah" to the offer of the interim tag so they decided to just let Ron finish the year.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Especially with a new owner, being part of the existing staff could be working against him if Harris has already decided he wants to start fresh and just wants to sweep everyone out.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Not necessarily. When Staley was fired, they offered Moore the interim tag and he said no. Entirely possible WAS wanted to fire Ron and asked Bieniemy said "nah" to the offer of the interim tag so they decided to just let Ron finish the year.

That's also possible. The Athletic just had a fun little piece talking to ex-doaches about their experiences on Black Monday and Leslie Frazier says don't do it for interime offers.

https://theathletic.com/5168142/2024/01/05/nfl-coaches-firing-black-monday-stories?source=user-shared-article

quote:

Frazier has some advice for interim coaches hoping to land the full-time gig: Don’t take it. He served as the interim in Minnesota before being hired on full-time, and he doesn’t believe it sets a coach up for long-term success. “When you are the interim, they still somewhat see you as part of the previous regime,” Frazier said. “You’re still trying to get some of that stink off of you … you need to be able to start fresh and get your people in different areas.”

pseudodragon fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 8, 2024

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That's more Florida's deal than the South as a whole.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Carolinas are similarly occupied by the worst New York has to offer.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Josina confirmed the Falcons interest in Belichick as Russini reported. Also said the Panthers are looking into his availability as well.
https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1744398221558808847?s=20

Trade Bill for Vrabel.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Moore said he was never approached about the interim tag

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1744392512456769721?t=dU1LkjMF8mqG0aVlGzfKgQ&s=19

I think he'd be a great culture guy, but that's kind of what you just had in Ron Rivera.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

a neat cape posted:

Moore said he was never approached about the interim tag
Oh, whatever I read about it was wrong then. Thank you for correcting me.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I hope the pats play some dumb game with not letting Billy go in a manner that makes them miss the boat completely on the carousel.

Nov 6, 2002

rut roh

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1744340663125131523

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Lol if they keep bill and hire a GM with personnel control.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1744373461756051856

Nov 6, 2002

Keeping Bill and making him work with an outside GM sounds like a great way to increase dysfunction by about 1000%.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Chaos coaching carousel sounds fun!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Funniest option would be keeping Bill but with Kraft as an owner with GM powers.

If they take away Bill's GM powers, they should just rip the band-aid off and fire him.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

A.o.D. posted:

That's more Florida's deal than the South as a whole.

Tell that to the Red Sox fan changing his shirt in my local Costco's food court

The Athletic's post-mortem on the Arthur Smith Falcons

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's 1 pm on Monday. The only officially dead coaches are:

Staley
Rivera
A. Smith
McDaniels
Reich

That seems low. Where is the blood?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Poco posted:

Lol if they keep bill and hire a GM with personnel control.

I can't imagine being a GM and telling Belichick 'no' about something. I have a track record here from the last decade+ that says I'm right, but Bill is going to rip me a new one for wanting to draft a good WR prospect. Or considering hiring assistant coaches he is not familiar with already and pointing out the bad ones.

Nightmare of an imagined job.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Grittybeard posted:

I can't imagine being a GM and telling Belichick 'no' about something. I have a track record here from the last decade+ that says I'm right, but Bill is going to rip me a new one for wanting to draft a good WR prospect. Or considering hiring assistant coaches he is not familiar with already and pointing out the bad ones.

Yeah, that sounds like a terrible idea.

Like Bill actively sabotaged BOB's offensive staff out of spite because he was forced to abandon the Matt Patricia OC experiment. What does anyone think he does with a GM hired because Kraft thinks Bill is washed as a GM?

:piss:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Grittybeard posted:

I mean I think it largely depends on how in to this idea Bill is. If he is forced into then yeah it’s hosed but if Bill understands he’s not good at it then fine

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Staley
Rivera
A. Smith
McDaniels
Reich

There’s never as much blood on black Monday as people seem to expect.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Patriots going from Bill to Vrabel would just be side show bob stepping on the rake again. Get someone who understands modern offense please

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I love that pats fans are so thrilled to be dumping the best coach in the NFL. i'm sure the next 5 years will be like bill's tenure........sure.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I don't think the next 5 years of Bill would be like the rest of Bill's tenure either though.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

I love that pats fans are so thrilled to be dumping the best coach in the NFL. i'm sure the next 5 years will be like bill's tenure........sure.

The offense literally has no where to go but up, how much worse can it get than dead last in the league and every game being a boring slog. They weren't even the fun kind of awful to watch like Jameis out there fun slinging, it's Bailey Zappe going 12 for 30 for 88 yards and 2 picks. That stat line is straight out of 1974 not 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I mean we just had a much worse season than the Jets entirely due to his ineptitude at building a coaching staff and roster

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Staley
Rivera
A. Smith
McDaniels
Reich

Feels like the Pats and Titans could be finagling some sort of weird coaching swap between Bill and Vrabel.

Personally, I think it's insane that both Eberflus and Dennis Allen are going to get another season.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Saints are going rogue and ignoring playcalls. Allen has to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
There's still a good chance Bowles gets canned if/when the Bucs lose to the Eagles.