Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Any dumbass anywhere saying that AEW needs to hire Russo to fix their company needs to be bombarded with these images until they log off forever.

any dumbass saying that would think this material's gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
That excerpt (while breaking the general rules of the thread against hateful speech) is a good snapshot into how Russo wrote all of his memoirs, it's essentially

quote:

CHAPTER 18: JIM ROSS IS A BIG FAT CRIPPLED BITCH AND I HOPE HE DIES
[800 words about how stupid and ugly and bad at everything Jim Ross is, and how he wished cancer upon him]

Postscript: Bro, I have found the love of Christ and wish nothing but the best for Good Ol' JR because God loves everyone and I love everyone and I don't even recognize that guy I was five years ago when I told JR he should die. But I really was mad and miserable in WWF and wanted him to die for his part in ruining my dream job, so it is the honest and Christian thing to do to relate how I hoped that fat inbred Oklahoman would die choking on barbecue, it would be the only way he could ever book a good story. I don't feel that way anymore, and i forgive him, and Christ forgives me, so it's time for Jim to forgive me, through the light of Christ. Because swear to god, life is too short to dwell on JR's stupid sauce-soaked diseased ramblings from years ago! We should all move on, I hope he isn't too much of a hillbilly racist to forgive me too.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Lid posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/s/keDgRolaq3

Historical Russo bad opinions with bonus Jeremy Borash.

Reading this actually makes me sad Cornette never went ahead with his plan to shoot Vince Russo, what a loving vile human being. I remember plenty of B&V reviews in TNA where they talked about how lovely Russo booked women and how something must have happened in his childhood to be that lovely towards women. It's hard to believe that his booking in TNA somehow was not even the worst ideas he ever wrote.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://x.com/AEWdisciplinary/status/1743810101851369798?s=20

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Could you even imagine wwe competently booking hook. Hell NJPW would make him do curtain jerkers in black trunks and only use a Boston crab for a year before he was even allowed to do a yuji gatami.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Yeah, it's great.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

https://twitter.com/silentadobos/status/1743810884475158590?t=X6bHIcmTYs-y-d-ZK07lVA&s=19

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Or like Jey Uso cominbg for Roman Reigns. Oh wait?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://youtu.be/tRTOdZZxgaM?si=2xi9wrJ-DLVDhT6R

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pushing young talent how dare Tony HOW DARE TONY.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I know I shouldn't rise to the bait but it's so funny how hard they'll stretch to give the worst faith reading to "overconfident rookie shooting his shot and will probably get destroyed after hitting a cool suplex, hopefully leading to him working his way back up from the bottom". Silly! And also -

:lol:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

This would own.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

akira tozawa has been a jobber for like 8 years now and has a dancing + possibly farting comedy gimmick

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah it's cool as poo poo because Joe's actually going to be defending his title against hungry newcomers instead of sitting on his rear end not showing up to work and eventually hiding behind his stable against the same old fucks who have been around for 20 years.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I mean, they let Cody go for the title so...

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Hook could redo kindergarten through high school and still be younger than anyone on the WWE side (don't check my math).

We could all use a refresher too, so something to think about.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
don't take it too seriously, guys, it says (Parody) right there in the account name. he's just having a laugh and not earnestposting

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
I'm steamed already, and now you're just making it worse!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JethroMcB posted:

don't take it too seriously, guys, it says (Parody) right there in the account name. he's just having a laugh and not earnestposting

The parenthetical “Parody” is how you know you’re experiencing top shelf posting.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

making GBS threads myself in public (parody)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/bigjonstx/status/1743822781983125761

All I can hear is circus music.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
JobberNation has weighed in on Jan 6th and it’s not going down well :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he said he had a great time watching aew collision two days ago on january 6th

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Seams posted:

JobberNation has weighed in on Jan 6th and it’s not going down well :(

Vince's Thoughts also made a Jericho/Jan 6th joke which, you know, would be fine if your Twitter gimmick wasn't pretending to be Donald Trump's best friend.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/s/OnMdjejQld

the entire thread goes onto unironically demonstrate Brian Zane’s point

“Kevin Owens is different than Eddie Kingston, he just is”

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/s/OnMdjejQld

the entire thread goes onto unironically demonstrate Brian Zane’s point

“Kevin Owens is different than Eddie Kingston, he just is”

Lots of crazy stuff in this thread (some decent posts, though), but this was my "favorite":

One Especially Out There Opinion posted:

Eddies presentation is just weird

He isnt aggresively obese, but he has a pretty solid gut and wears gear that makes it stand out even further.

Then there's presenting himself as New York tough guy then instead of having brawly style its some tribute act to King's Road or something like that, which (at least imo) looks very weak.

Eddie chopping the poo poo out of people and dropping them on their heads looks very weak as opposed to a "brawly style".

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eddie isn't a brawler? Huh? Just because he throws in a few suplexes, he's still brawling.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

He should allude more to his brawling in his name, maybe shake his gimmick up a bit. Play with his hometown a little so it makes him seem more brawly. “The Brooklyn Brawler” Eddie Kingston has a nice ring to it.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Eddie's from New York, he needs to always be saying "I'm walking here!" and "Fuggedaboutit!" in his promos.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Love the criticism that Eddie's AJPW move-set looks "weak", which most probably means they look safe. Eddie's been wrestling long enough to know that dropping wrestlers on their head every week isn't the smartest thing.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

super macho dude posted:

Love the criticism that Eddie's AJPW move-set looks "weak", which most probably means they look safe. Eddie's been wrestling long enough to know that dropping wrestlers on their head every week isn't the smartest thing.

Only every once in a while, as a treat.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Buff Eddie Kingston Lover posted:

I mean the obvious counterpoint is the many, many examples of wrestlers that didn't get over until they got better bodies and/or didn't get over and didn't have great bodies.

All of the examples of guys that got over with "bad" bodies are guys that truly excelled at other aspects of wrestling. It is a disadvantage but it can be overcome. Eddie Kingston is an example of someone overcoming it but you can't tell me he wouldn't have already been AEW champion if he was in better shape.
I think this is kind of the root of the problem. WWE absolutely rewards people for getting super jacked, especially in the Hogan era and I think it's popped up again in the last decade or so, too. So obviously that means ALL wrestling companies would do the same and a super jacked Eddie Kingston would already be AEW champion.

This is also someone who is EXTREMELY close to figuring out the appeal of someone like Eddie (he even mentions Eddie "overcoming" his bad body) but can't take that thought a step further and realize that's the character, that's the point, that's why people love him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don’t think Eddie would be world champ if he was in better shape. It still wouldn’t fit his character journey in AEW. I don’t want to see jacked Eddie Kingston coming out like Brian Cage or something but it’d be kind of fun seeing Eddie in the style of Dr Death or something. Like still an obviously huge guy but not with the chiseled body of a Cage or PAC.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

A monster jacked Eddie would be incredible, but also getting fatter would own too

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Jacked Eddie Kingsston is a good username.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

super macho dude posted:

A monster jacked Eddie would be incredible, but also getting fatter would own too

he should do both

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Jacked Eddie Kingston feels like a heel turn. Like he can no longer tap into his fighting spirit so he just decided to get super ripped and rely on pure strength instead. Then Mox has to beat the poo poo out of him and reawaken his love of wrestling.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wanna see Eddie Kingston channel the spirit of Vader

Though I don’t want him to annihilate his already destroyed knees 🤔

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

super macho dude posted:

Eddie should always be eating authentic New Yawk food as part of his entrance. Walking down the ramp tearing away at a big slice of Ray's pizza. Street cart hot dog. Two-fisting a bodega chop cheese and a bacon egg and cheese. Full-size pastrami sandwich from Katz's Deli with a bowl of matzoh ball soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

A Fancy Hat posted:

Lots of crazy stuff in this thread (some decent posts, though), but this was my "favorite":

Eddie chopping the poo poo out of people and dropping them on their heads looks very weak as opposed to a "brawly style".

Even distilling Eddie down to a maladjusted New York tough guy with a gut who has been obsessed with a particular violent style of Japanese wrestling ever since he watched VHS tapes of it as a kid is a loving fantastic character concept for anything let alone a pro wrestler.