Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
How has this not been posted yet?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1744349382420341240

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Also Draymond should take a massive paycut and come to the Kings, he'd be perfect tbqh. He can yell and scream and punch folks when they don't rebound

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I feel like this is really weird unless he's going to be one of those big picture only GMs with a head of player personnel who actually knows ball (foot-ball)

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Thunder going to be playing at barad-dur
https://x.com/lynnbecker/status/1744441648560353341?s=46&t=0x_opuk5bo0lymk_1YRzgQ

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Ahahahaha taxpayers are fronting the bill for this monument to billionaires

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Dejan Bimble posted:

I feel like this is really weird unless he's going to be one of those big picture only GMs with a head of player personnel who actually knows ball (foot-ball)

Making maverick moves that seem questionable at the time but turn out to be catastrophically dumb, is exceptionally on-brand for Washington's NFL franchise.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

They want to be like little omaha, which is all lowrise then you cross the river going west and bam like 3 skyscrapers all alone

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:dafuq:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

the scariest thing about the SGA-williams-chet thunder is that the taxpayers of oklahoma have proven they're willing to go deep into the tax to keep that team together for years. Not even the KD-curry warriors had public backing.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 8, 2024

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

dokmo posted:

i know nobody watches the jazz play, but if anyone knows how they are able to win any games at all i'm all ears. i still don't understand what kind of hocus pocus lauri markkanen uses to become useful at basketball despite not being visibly good at anything.

Markannen absolutely is one of the best scorers in the league, routinely putting up over twenty points a game with 50/38/85 shooting splits and is a capable rebounder to boot. He's a bit of a black hole, but if the ball is going to stick on one guy, he's probably the right guy.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
lol

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Celtics have a brutal stretch of games this week, second straight against the Pacers in Indy, then MIN at home and @MIL on a back to back Wednesday/Thursday

Tatum is out tonight for rest, Porzingis is back after missing 7/8ths of last game after getting poked in the eye

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Celtics have a brutal stretch of games this week, second straight against the Pacers in Indy, then MIN at home and @MIL on a back to back Wednesday/Thursday

Tatum is out tonight for rest, Porzingis is back after missing 7/8ths of last game after getting poked in the eye
There will be nothing left when Nesmith gets done with them.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

kingcobweb posted:

They moved there from Seattle purely because the taxpayers were willing to fully subsidize it, so this is no shock.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lifespan posted:

They moved there from Seattle purely because the taxpayers were willing to fully subsidize it, so this is no shock.

Yeah but I don’t think people expected it to be that eyesore

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
What’s even going to be in that OKC building?

And lol at the owners chipping in 5%, and it likely won’t even be that much since the grift and overrun on that thing will be substantial.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Dejan Bimble posted:

He won't be the GM. Likely team president, chief executive strategist or some poo poo with input on hirings and maybe some analytics shenanigans. Browns did it when they hired Moneyball man and for all the jokes seems to be working ok.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

something so controversial yet so brave

quote:

[Draymond Green] "The responsibility that has been placed upon me as a father, as a husband, as a podcaster, as a business owner, as a television personality, and as a black man in America... I've handled it miserably"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

My hats off to all of you brave basketball posters who never take a day off

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

With great podcasts comes great responsibility

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I keep hearing that the Celtics have the weakest SOS remaining but it still feels like a lot of tough games so far. Waiting for a couple weeks of cake walk.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I keep hearing that the Celtics have the weakest SOS remaining but it still feels like a lot of tough games so far. Waiting for a couple weeks of cake walk.

I feel like their SOS is only weakest because they have to play 0 games against the Celtics.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

I feel like their SOS is only weakest because they have to play 0 games against the Celtics.

And they get to play more EC teams

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i want more of this and less of reading/hearing about draymond

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

snyprmag posted:

With great podcasts comes great responsibility

I was scrambling for a joke and this was better than what I would have come up with anyway.

Jama7301
Jan 5, 2024
I am ready for the Wolves to exit this 16 game stretch they've been in.

@NO @DAL vsIND @MIA @PHI vsLAL(B2B) @SAC @OKC vsDAL vsLAL @NYK(post trade) vsNO @HOU @DAL upcoming @ORL @BOS (B2B)

They've got 8 wins out of that stretch so far, which is good. I hope that Boston game kicks rear end though. The first one was a ton of fun with huge plays from both teams down the stretch.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

quote:

DRAYMOND: I just can't anymore...so many obligations - basketball dribbler, podcaster, multi-millionaire, conscious and sentient being existing in this reality - it's all too much for this prison of the flesh. I must relinquish my authority
SILVER [dropping to knees in supplication]: Dray you can't. This game we love, the passion that keeps the blood surging through our hearts...it's bigger than any podcast or flagrant 2. You can't give up now
DRAYMOND: ...and if some Euros should be hospitalized? Or rendered comatose? (a startled dove bursts into flight, ivory wings captured in glorious slo-mo) What then, commissioner Silver? What price too dear, what sacrifice too desperate?
SILVER: Well,

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://x.com/TommyBeer/status/1744110664614863357?s=20

Wemby confirmed as better than dikembe mutombo and steph curry combined

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Reckless pursuit of an under-1,800 turns costly for OKC.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Bard Maddox posted:

I feel like we should appreciate this statline he put up during this game as well. a perfect Jokic game

https://twitter.com/harrisonwind/status/1744196323203494154?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

he also sat from 3 minutes left in the 3rd and did not play the 4th

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

i know nobody watches the jazz play, but if anyone knows how they are able to win any games at all i'm all ears. i still don't understand what kind of hocus pocus lauri markkanen uses to become useful at basketball despite not being visibly good at anything.

It's the classic "this team is doing some weird poo poo and it's January and I'm not going to bother to play in a different way than normal to stop it."

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Bard Maddox posted:

I feel like we should appreciate this statline he put up during this game as well. a perfect Jokic game

https://twitter.com/harrisonwind/status/1744196323203494154?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

Me in 2K when I make my 7'3" myplayer and don't put any points in shooting till halfway through my rookie season.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Someday soon jokic will have a game with 30 assists and 3 points, with his only score being a miracle half-court fadeaway three whole being guarded by davis and giannis at the same time somehow

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

Someday soon jokic will have a game with 30 assists and 3 points, with his only score being a miracle half-court fadeaway three whole being guarded by davis and giannis at the same time somehow

All-Star Game?

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Ghost Dog posted:

its sad to see a thread age to the point where even its demented sometimes posters cant bring the fastball anymore. 4 hours of being free used to be multiple pages of this and now its just a few of his own tweets and some caps lock laughter, rip.

Late to the party, but if the Celtics win the Finals I look forward to the Monkeu re-reg to brag about how in the West only the Warriors (lead by Steph's dripping mouth guard) could stop the Celtics. Ipso facto the Warriors are the real winners.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Apparently Siakam told Sacramento he wouldn’t sign an extension which ended the trade talks pretty quick

Have fun resigning him Toronto

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

Apparently Siakam told Sacramento he wouldn’t sign an extension which ended the trade talks pretty quick

Have fun resigning him Toronto

I'm guessing the reason he's available is because Toronto doesn't want to give him the supermax, which means he doesn't have a ton of reason to take an extension from anyone right now. There's like four teams with a max next year and there aren't four max contract level dudes so someone's gonna pay him.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rick posted:

I'm guessing the reason he's available is because Toronto doesn't want to give him the supermax, which means he doesn't have a ton of reason to take an extension from anyone right now. There's like four teams with a max next year and there aren't four max contract level dudes so someone's gonna pay him.

Oh I agree there is zero reason for him to sign anything right now. I’d imagine Philly is licking their lips at the thought of signing him outright. It’s just that you’re going to have a hard time getting that blue chip asset in return that some fans insist he is worth

I also lol at the defiant “well, we’ll just resign him and trade him later” as if Siakam doesn’t know that could happen and wouldn’t pick his destination based off that

I still think GS is the best option for Toronto because a salary dump and potentially intriguing distressed asset isn’t a bad return for a potential rental

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 9, 2024

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Imagine being in that thing during a tornado warning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Even for purely basketball I can't imagine why Siakam would want to sign up for multiple years of bumping into Sabonis in the paint. Not sure why the Kings think that would be a good fit.