Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Bye Wink, the Giants actually had a decent pass rush these last few years so thanks for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1744454711036535123

What?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Falcons shoulda got Lamar.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Even if Smith had found a QB who's to say he would even play him over galaxy braining up plays for Ridder?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

I mean, it's true that the Falcons' QB strategy was basically

1. Get Deshaun Watson
2. Panic if you can't get Deshaun Watson

But that's at least as much a front office issue as a Smith issue.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I mean as stupid as Smith was when it came to utilizing his best players Ridder single handedly lost them like 3 games this year. That alone puts them into the playoffs as a division winner if they have even like Brisset.

Where they really hosed up was not going hard after anyone else after loving up the Watson sweepstakes and then not getting a good real backup after last year. Brissett would've worked, same with Baker or Andy. In general that GM seems solid at drafting and terrible at trades bc they also got outbid on Montez Sweat this year too

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just have to squint at Rapaport saying the problem was that Smith was patient with Ridder and nobody wants patience, not his baffling player utilization.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

When that went down, I wasn't mad at the Falcons for doing it, I was mad at the Saints for letting it happen.

Besides all that went down was a meaningless touchdown at the end of a meaningless game. All of the handwringing is about respectfulness or what could have happened or what could happen in the future. Nobody got hurt, and nobody was trying to hurt anyone else. Too many of y'all have internalized the NFL's No Fun League culture. The league isn't your friend.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 8, 2024

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The amount of hand wringing over a team scoring garbage time TDs to pile on the score is hilarious, similar to that of baseball fans upset when people hit dingers off position players pitching. The answer is simple to both:

1. Don't allow the other team to get to that position anyway
2. If they do, prevent it by any means necessary! If you can't, that's on you

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm less concerned about respectfulness and decorum than I am about a guy getting bowled over and getting his leg trapped or something on the last play of the season because he thought the game was over when the other team was using the universally accepted language for "the game is over".

It would've been better if they had just run a real play to get Williams his TD but, Allen is a putz.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, it's running that play from the victory formation that sucks. Just line up the regular way.

Like remember how everyone hated Schiano for having his guys go at linemen's legs on victory formation plays. Well now that's back on the menu.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Unironic "I would simply choose to draft a generational QB" posting

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

wilderthanmild posted:

The loser of that game fires their HC.

How often are coaches ever fired immediately after making the playoffs?

The posterchild for this is Steve Mariucci, which led to some pretty dark years for the Niners.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, it's running that play from the victory formation that sucks. Just line up the regular way.

Like remember how everyone hated Schiano for having his guys go at linemen's legs on victory formation plays. Well now that's back on the menu.

Lmao no its not. If you're worried about someone doing a regular play from a v formation, then play normally. Trying to intentionally injure someone is nowhere near comparable to running a play out of kneel formation.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

wilderthanmild posted:

The loser of that game fires their HC.

How often are coaches ever fired immediately after making the playoffs?

nikosoft posted:

The posterchild for this is Steve Mariucci, which led to some pretty dark years for the Niners.

Also Marty Schottenheimer with the Chargers.

There have also been a handful of guys who got fired after disappointing playoff losses or not being able to go as far as expected, like Tony Dungy in Tampa or John Fox in Denver.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Never before have I realized this forum is old then this being controversial.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
In that no one really cares about getting a garbage time TD one way or another?

Well except gamblers

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MJeff posted:

I'm less concerned about respectfulness and decorum than I am about a guy getting bowled over and getting his leg trapped or something on the last play of the season because he thought the game was over when the other team was using the universally accepted language for "the game is over".

It would've been better if they had just run a real play to get Williams his TD but, Allen is a putz.

If the defense isn’t prepared for a play to be run then why are they lined up in a goal line formation?

Nobody on the Falcons seemed especially taken by surprise on the play.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose

really queer Christmas posted:

Sincerely, shut up bitch.

Eat my rear end and enjoy watching your clueless coach flounder again next year.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

No decision on Belichick is expected today. He is safe for today.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Henron posted:

Eat my rear end and enjoy watching your clueless coach flounder again next year.

I guess you’ve got a lot of free time to post here now Arthur.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1744504251970191409?t=ZB_kZempHd0CSr0GkszNjg&s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1744511721799135367?t=bMpx2FwcIaZaGgxElrJA4A&s=19

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1744506846495302119?t=HWijJ58VZFL8OBWDKdkrig&s=19

Is this also the hiring thread? Or will there be a different one of those?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1744502611217199564

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1744498764188901451

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

He coached some good games and had some season ruining stinkers so I can see it. What I don’t understand is why Press Taylor still has a job.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1744518649350611113?s=20

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
So what are the rules around interviews for coaches currently employed by other teams? It'd be nice if these crap franchises didn't distract Baltimore's coaches with the most important interview of their lives while I need them to be working.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

So what are the rules around interviews for coaches currently employed by other teams? It'd be nice if these crap franchises didn't distract Baltimore's coaches with the most important interview of their lives while I need them to be working.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1743665754237497703

Virtual interviews can happen now, in person interviews depends on when the Ravens season ends.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

"Surely ONE of these guys will want to coach here!" - David Tepper

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im willing to coach the Panthers. My offensive philosphy is be a complete patsy for Teppers whims and accept all blame when it doesnt work.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Dan Quinn’s never leaving Dallas to go work for loving Tepper

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

biceps crimes posted:

Dan Quinn’s never leaving Dallas to go work for loving Tepper

Good?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Barudak posted:

Im willing to coach the Panthers. My offensive philosphy is be a complete patsy for Teppers whims and accept all blame when it doesnt work.

Hire me as your QC and I promise we’ll run the most exciting version of the Tecmo Super Bowl playbook you ever did see!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

lmao throwing this much against the wall and STILL no requests for bienemy??

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

What about his lovely offense this year would make you want to hire him?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Tepper cannot tolerate the amount of yelled at that he would get from Bienemy. There's no loving way that pairing could survive training camp.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

a neat cape posted:

What about his lovely offense this year would make you want to hire him?

you are the carolina panthers you need whoever you can get

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Think Bienemy is technically unemployed so they don't need to request

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Raheem Morris...