Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Thundarr posted:

Weirdly, after rescuing Danis, he and Bex said their flying text and then Danis went off to stand by himself under the inn. Bex still has the line like he hasn't been rescued yet. Hopefully that doesn't break the "all tieflings saved" flag since they're at least both alive!

You don't need to talk to them after the rescue to get the Achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lawful Good doesn't mean Lawful Nice.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

next Larian kino in the making

https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/1744271877638431162

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Headstomping really seems to be a thing in this game, you do it to the injured mind flayer in the crashed nautiloid. On the other hand he has a giant exposed brain lying right there on the floor, seems efficient to me.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Snake Maze posted:

She's just really brutal about killing people and it doesn't come up in dialogue.

It kind of does in the "she has the bombastic Vigorously Smite The Darkness energy of the stereotypical Paladin, but turned up to 11 because she's an actual avenging angel (at least in part)" sense and the "after she Goes Too Far With The Smiting after 100 years of torment she's briefly struck by the implications" sense but I guess not in the "onlookers are awed and/or horrified" sense?

I'll definitely admit I was cheering her on in the moment (the two villains in question absolutely deserved it, and arguably precisely in the same way - the only difference is that one of them actually accomplished their shared goal?) - which feels like it was the intent of the cutscene direction, which in retrospect feels weird and I get why some people were more viscerally disgusted by it? If the directors were trying to say "this is a horrible thing she's doing, prompted by decades of suffering", I don't think they quite nailed that?

I also don't think that it'd be helped by a dialogue tree where we get to play therapist and process her trauma (maybe if she was a full companion that got more screen time?), though.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Dallan Invictus posted:

If the directors were trying to say "this is a horrible thing she's doing, prompted by decades of suffering", I don't think they quite nailed that?

Yeah I didn't feel like a point was really being made there other than it just being a shocking moment after a boss battle. I think I would have felt different if there was more character building before the scene, but you essentially free Aylin then immediately hop over to Moonrise Towers to fight Ketheric. I legit thought I was about to have to fight her and she had snapped mentally.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Dallan Invictus posted:

I'll definitely admit I was cheering her on in the moment (the two villains in question absolutely deserved it, and arguably precisely in the same way - the only difference is that one of them actually accomplished their shared goal?) - which feels like it was the intent of the cutscene direction, which in retrospect feels weird and I get why some people were more viscerally disgusted by it? If the directors were trying to say "this is a horrible thing she's doing, prompted by decades of suffering", I don't think they quite nailed that?

The scene does cut away from the stomping to show your character flinching back and looking disgusted, so I think it's probably intended to be kind of offputting? But the scene doesn't dwell on that, once the stomps are done you move right on to the more straightforward "Thanks for saving me, let's go" stuff.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Several weeks on and I'm still bummed that my goody-two-shoes completionist resist Durge didn't actually get to see any of the epilogue. I lost the duel with Orin so dad condemned me to go insane. As soon as the Netherbrain is defeated you stumble off in a red haze and that's it. Game over, no participating in the epilogue for you.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Congrats thread, this is the most anyone has ever cared about an Aasimar since their inception as a concept :v:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Dame Aylin was imprisoned and tortured for 100 years and her reaction once she's free and avenged is cool and good. She's ridiculously extra to the point of occasionally inducing cringe, but IMO that's also cool and good, because it makes perfect sense for an actual angel whose mom is a goddess (and who, as mentioned, has been imprisoned in a different dimension for a century). Of course she's socially awkward and Way Too Intense! You would be too!

Also, very few lines in this game are as hysterical as Aylin's post-victory "we must take succor one one another's voices and bodies" line (and Isobel's reaction, in particular). I don't know how you can see her joyously yet gravely declare that she must - not wants to, must - immediately gently caress her miraculously resurrected girlfriend, and not come away from it thinking that she's funny as hell

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Aasimar are only a bit lamer than dragonborns

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

No sorry, dragons are cool and therefore being a dragon-man is cool. The science is inarguable.

e: I want the next Baldur's Gate to introduce Warforged with absolutely no lore explanation, just so I can see how mad people get

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 8, 2024

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

No sorry, dragons are cool and therefore being a dragon-man is cool. The science is inarguable.

The only cool dragon guy is deekin

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I’ve completed 4 playthroughs as a gith

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Sloober posted:

Wrong. The one being harangued by his husband for being too "cowardly" to fight Steel Watchers and the one who clearly has a massive crush on the smith are both good as hell.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I like it when Dame Aylin did a backbreaker on a wizard even dumber than Gale when I got to Act 3 and went to the wizard shop for wizards

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

EorayMel posted:

I like it when Dame Aylin did a backbreaker on a wizard even dumber than Gale when I got to Act 3 and went to the wizard shop for wizards

Incredible bg3 moment

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sloober posted:

The only cool dragon is Quill

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
BG3 Enhanced Edition should definitely advertise a new party member, the beloved bard who can finally be recruited instead of simply killed by the Dark Urge, and then have it be Quil.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I’ve completed 4 playthroughs as a gith

Gith rule

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Sloober posted:

It's Popper the Businesslord.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Vargatron posted:

Yeah I'm not speaking about the character, but rather the cutscene itself. It sickened me. I understand the character background and motivations.

You’re playing a game about killing a bunch of people fyi

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Nice thread Monathin.... if we were in opposite town.

My friend - I am afraid we are not...

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 20, 2024

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

First time since it's been added that the game's actually let me see the epilogue (3rd playthrough since then). And it has such stimulating conversations

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
[Bard] Not Found

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Floppychop posted:

First time since it's been added that the game's actually let me see the epilogue (3rd playthrough since then). And it has such stimulating conversations

The epilogue in general seems pretty buggy. I mentioned it when I hit it, but the game got extremely confused as to the status of a few plot triggers towards the end of the game and then just sorta did both options a few times during the epilogue. Super minor and it was still fun, I also can't really blame them because there's probably a million flags and keeping that correctly over the course of reloading/multiple patches adjusting things/a huge web of events is pretty tricky. I have an extremely buggy run at the end of Act 2 as a sorcereress romancing Karlach, dialogue just didn't fire most of the time, astarion ceased to exist entirely (like he didn't leave, he was just gone when I changed acts) and a bunch of stuff wasn't working. Can't wait to see what on earth the game makes of that for the finale lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Floppychop posted:

I had this happen to me on another conversation earlier in the game and saving and loading fixed it. Well, saving and killing the process because honor mode.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Floppychop posted:

Not a bug. You just didn’t find Jaheira, like it says

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Floppychop posted:

Pretty much what conversations for me are like in real life (CHA dump stat)

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Can you use camp supplies from the camp chest or do they have to be on you? Seems like they have to be on you, which is frustrating with how heavy they can get. I still just end up sending a lot to camp and if I end up needing more I can just grab them from the camp box.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Can you use camp supplies from the camp chest or do they have to be on you? Seems like they have to be on you, which is frustrating with how heavy they can get. I still just end up sending a lot to camp and if I end up needing more I can just grab them from the camp box.

They don't need to be on you. It'll give you a message about how you don't have enough supplies but the actual selection screen will have them.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
You can normally use supplies straight from the chest, but I’ve definitely seen it break once or twice and been forced to grab stuff out of the chest before I could long rest.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sending everything to the chest can build up pretty large stacks of things, and I've seen cases where splitting a stack (so you don't spend 140 supplies or whatever) causing one part of the stack split to just not be available for use in the camp window until you rebuild the stacks in the chest.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Honor Mode:

If I make gale blow himself up in moonrise do I get the achievement and dice? I've run into a lot of bugs this run and suspect this save is going to break when I hit Act 3.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
From what I've read, it will not in that scenario.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Unrelated question to the last one, is the luminous armor/gloves/coruscation ring/holy lance helm combo worth using on a paladin? It seems like it might be more of a spirit guardians cleric thing. I've currently got the adamantine splint armor on my paladin shart which is nice for the extra AC, I'd need to respec her to have actual dexterity to have nearly similar AC.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Paladins have a good consistent source of Radiant damage but yeah, the fact they are more burst damage focused means it's usually better if a Cleric (especially a Light Cleric) uses it instead. They can get some mileage out of it but not as much as a Cleric will.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Unrelated question to the last one, is the luminous armor/gloves/coruscation ring/holy lance helm combo worth using on a paladin? It seems like it might be more of a spirit guardians cleric thing. I've currently got the adamantine splint armor on my paladin shart which is nice for the extra AC, I'd need to respec her to have actual dexterity to have nearly similar AC.

Paladin's probably not the best user, since ideally once they're smiting someone that someone will be dead very soon. Radiating orbs is still a great effect though, so no harm putting it on if no one else is using the gear.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

coruscation ring should be put on someone with strong multi-hit attacks, preferably wizard/sorc, since the effect applies per instance of damage. you can easily magic missile something into -7 tohit and not have to worry about getting him by them for the rest of the fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Fair enough, it seems like the set combos off each other so you get 3 stacks per "spell damage" instance but yeah I generally smite someone I'm hoping to burn down in a turn or two rather than having an AoE radiant damage to make an entire crowd of trash mobs get -3 to hit. The helm would trigger at least 2 of the items, I don't think Coruscation ring, but the whole thing would also drop my AC by 3, which means I'd get hit more, which means the helm would trigger less.