Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
What happens if you choose the alternate options? Can you kick Tenzen off the pier? Can you start another race war rather than ending the current one? Or is it just slightly different dialogue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Search your heart, you know the answer.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

PurpleXVI posted:

What happens if you choose the alternate options? Can you kick Tenzen off the pier? Can you start another race war rather than ending the current one? Or is it just slightly different dialogue?

What do you do?
Forgive Tenzen.
Take your revenge. <----- Chose this option

Cid: I heard what happened between you and Tenzen, Player name.

Cid: There's no easy way to recover from a blow like that.
But as a special favor to me, I'm asking you to let it go this time.

Tenzen: Sir Cid...

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

:patriot:

All these little scenes are great :3:

I used to not like them because there was no zooping and it took forever to travel anywhere in this infernal game, but thanks for fixing that, S-E!

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 90. Journeys Over Snow And Sand

Windurst is a dangerous place. Mainly just for me with the war crimes, murders, and Carbuncles.

Sometime, Somewhere

It solved itself. No need to check in on it further.

As soon as I get hit with a meteor I'm done with this.

Okay... (I better get my candy...)

Sunbreeze Shuffle

(Candy.)

Turmoil

I don't even need to lift a finger this will resolve itself.

Recollection

The music cuts out...

Heart warming.

Recollection

Happily Ever After

(As much as it pains me this is a happy ending.)

You're welcome.

Well I got my candy at least... It's blue flavor.

So speaking of assassins and Goldmane, I should go find Louverance. Real one... Fake one... Doesn't matter, I have a feeling I'll find both of them.

Shadow Lord

(This guy really wants to die...)

Already gone...

Welp time to go stop an assassination I guess. Again.

Next time: A lost name

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
People in FFXI just have no sense of self-preservation, do they?

Also lmao, "I recognize my children because they drop the same stellar rocks on me that my wife used to."

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 91. His Witness

Conflict: You Want to Live Forever?

He's going to get his dumb rear end killed.

Happily Ever After

(This moron needs to learn to stab a corpse...)

Yep... Yep.

A dread dragon eh? Pretty scary.

Idiots like this guy tend to be unbelievably lucky. He'll be fine. Probably.

Yeah. Praise the Goddess.

You are alive and not chained to that name because he was too inexperienced to land a killing blow and foolhardy enough to not behead you. Hell four other people would have killed him before the blade touched you if he was actually a threat, that moronic luck is a gift from the Goddess.

I can't be mad at him. I can't even feign anger over the stupid mirror.

And this is what everything was all about...

The Mistalles went to Selbina and Tavnazia gave the Remevels a home. His sheer determination to continue existing is something else, not to mention the love of his home.

A small homeless kid pretending to be a master thief. What a joke I am. I don't even know my real name. Visaria? It comes from Eviscerate, that Weaponskill I use nonstop.

I want to be like him. Not the thief from the stories. I want to be like the man.

My friends who live and die by my side are my treasure.

This world which I have looked down upon from the heavens is my home.

And my name is Visaria N Remevel. I will sear it into Vana'diel itself.

Next time: Distant worlds together

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Okay you terrible people have somehow managed to nearly tie this worse in a way that no one wins especially me.

https://strawpoll.com/GJn470eDqyz/results

I finished Dynamis. Samurai is done. I'm gonna go work on Ninja.

I can't take you all anywhere I swear.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Oh, are you planning on doing Apocalypse Nigh? It's a capstone for both Zilart and Promathia.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Kazy posted:

Oh, are you planning on doing Apocalypse Nigh? It's a capstone for both Zilart and Promathia.

Yes, we have 5 updates left in Chains.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 92. My Treasure

I'm gonna find that Visaria alarm some day.

Growth!

Anxiety

Look, I have zero idea how I released that light in a manner that cracked open the Goddess hole. I sure as poo poo don't know what actually happened to Promathia other than he dissolved and released everything inside him.

Trying to explain this whole thing is a nightmare. I've tried. Goddess knows I've tried but it's so complicated and things contradict and half the terms I just came up with off the top of my head and they change with each telling...

I let out a sigh, grab an ale, and try explaining it to the one living soul that might understand my crazed ramblings.

Is this going to upset me?

Aside from those cold as stone final words she left some rings for me to pick one of as a reward. These rings require level 30 to equip and are still very strong at high levels.

I pick the physical damage ring. The rest are left with the eatery owner.

She is absolutely right. I didn't do this alone and the possibility wouldn't exist without Prishe.

Happily Ever After

Yeah, I heard alright.

That's good.

(I'm happy that they are happy.)

Of course, this feels like more of a home than San d'Oria does, besides I love stabin' beasts and monsters. Just point me in a direction. I'll have this place reclaimed in a week.

A New Horizon

We will Ulmia.

There was a marid in the room when I walked in. That marid being Prishe. It's slight but I can tell when she doesn't want to talk about something compared to her normal ever forward attitude.

I never told Ulmia Prishe's wish nor will I ever. I know though. That's the problem.

This is going to be painful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyan00DTLpM

:siren:Distant Worlds Together:siren:

Next time: Bahamut is kinda just still kicking around

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I wonder how many of these weirdos will show up again.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Man I haven't thought about Distant Worlds in forever. What a track

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Heard it years upon years ago when the Distant Worlds concert tour graced the frozen north with its presence, even today the peak gives me goosebumps.
Even if the orchestral rendition of Answer beats it by a small margin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr9JA2i0HAs
It was this version, from the second album that was recorded with the Stockholm Symphony orchestra.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I feel bad for Mildaurion. Probably should've lied to her and told her it was definitely over to give her some closure after thousands of years.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm extremely late to the Distant Worlds love, I heard it for the first time during my collation of new tracks added to Theatrhythm Final Bar Line, which released last year. I immediately fell for it, though, and every time I hear it I feel feelings. Knowing the context is nice, I suppose...

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

It was such a great reward for the trials and tribulations that were mid-2000s era CoP. It was a drat journey that took my group the better part of two years to complete for me

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
...Distant Worlds, a song so awesome they named an entire concert tour after it... :allears:

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, the first time I heard this was on the Black Mages releases, but it's such a nice end to the expansion when you see it in context. Also yeah, free Rajas Ring is nice too, it pulls a lot of weight even by 99 so it's a super handy reward (though I can't speak for "back in the day" purposes here considering when I started)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

This is an interesting bit. I like that the expansions continue the threads of the ancients/Zilart/Kuluu.

Arc Impulse posted:

Also yeah, free Rajas Ring is nice too, it pulls a lot of weight even by 99 so it's a super handy reward (though I can't speak for "back in the day" purposes here considering when I started)

Back in the day it was the clear-cut choice because the +5 STR or DEX rings were insanely expensive, and hey both on one ring at 75 plus the other stats is pretty neat. The mage ring is okay too if you don't play any melee jobs. The tank ring is trash which I picked initially because I ran PLD for every event :smith:

At 99/119 since it's so easy to cap haste, Store TP is what makes Rajas handy. There are also some actual Subtle Blow sets since lots of content will kick you in the face if you let bosses use TP moves. I wish all the expansions had amazing rewards like this!

Also echoing that Distant Worlds owns bones. CoP continues to be the best.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Samurai Part 1

Role: DPS and Skillchains

A Samurai screws with TP more than anyone else and your TP screwing doesn't just stay with you.

Main Weapons: Great Katana (and maybe Spears for the pierce damage)

You can use Bows and Swords fine but Great Katanas are made just for Samurai to enjoy.

Magic: No

Notable Abilities:

Meikyo Shisui: I talked about this in the main story. Your first one hour cooldown. Gives you 3000 TP and each Weaponskill costs 1000 of that TP. Powerful. The Weaponskills go off the value of your TP when you use them so even though that Weaponskill costs 1000 TP if you used it at 3000 TP you get the 3000 effect. There are ways to refill your TP in one huge chunk and you can potentially do up to 6 Weaponskills before the effect wears off.

Hasso: Always up if you want it up. Bonus attack speed, accuracy, and strength when using two handed weapons. This increases recast and casting time by 50% and Zanshin always happens as long as your Main Job is Samurai. This can be on a Sub Job Samurai and pretty much sets the standard for Samurai as a Sub Job.

Seigan: You can have either this or Hasso up and does the same recast/cast thing as Hasso. This makes Third Eye have a 30 second cooldown and gives it a chance to not be consumed. You also have a chance to counter dealing blunt damage when your Third Eye does it's dodge. Samurai and Ninja once upon a time were very real tanks. >Can be used as a Sub Job<

Third Eye: Continuing the above normally the cooldown starts at a minute and the ability lasts 30 of until you dodge a hit with it. When I say hit I mean if something hits you eight times in an attack string you dodge that whole attack string. Blink and Ninja Shadows can't do that and Third Eye doesn't stack with them. Doesn't evade magic or AoE but it doesn't get ripped off you from an enemy using them. And Seigan makes this BETTER? Obviously can be used as a Sub Job.

Meditate: Three minute cooldown, every three seconds for 15 seconds gain 200 TP. Gear can extend this. This can be used as a Sub Job but you only get 600 TP after 15 seconds.

Whew. That was a a lot. Thankfully I'm done.

Wait what do you mean this was only up to level 35?

Sekkanoki: Five minute cooldown, your next Weaponskill only uses 1000 TP and the modifier will always be exactly 1000 TP. And for the last time, yes, Sub Job Samurai...

Konzen-ittai: Three minute cooldown, acts as the first Weaponskill of a chain. This can (with the correct Weaponskills) make a level 3 Skillchain right out the gate.

Yaegasumi: The second one hour cooldown. For 45 seconds evade enemy Weapon/Monster Skills. Also you get a bonus to Weaponskill damage and some TP for each evade.

Sengikori: Three minute cooldown. Adds 25% extra damage to your next Skillchain damage, multiplied by Skillchain bonus so it comes out to more than 25%.

Notable Traits As A Sub Job:

Store TP: Get more TP per attack you do. 10 at max level up to 4/6 as a Sub Job.

Zanshin: If you miss you have a chance to attack again with an accuracy bonus. 50% max and 25/35% as a Sub Job. Hasso can make this go off twice.

Ikishoten: This is a merit and adds up to 150 TP to Zanshin's effect. gently caress me...

Overwhelm: Another merit, this one gives up to 19% more damage on your non ranged Weaponskills.

Skillchain Bonus: That thing I mentioned in Sengikori. 16 % at max level. Gear and buffs can increase this further to a 50% cap.

Cool Weapon Skills:

Every Samurai Weaponskill does a different Skillchain Property so everything is useful in some way. You don't really just go for your strongest Weaponskill over and over since you are built around making absurd Skillchains with the rest of your party. It's weird that as cool as Samurai is I can't really say much about Great Katana Weaponskills.

The lower level Weaponskills all have various status effects on them. Higher level ones are pure hit hard.

Tachi: Ageha has a defense down to it if you need it.

Tachi: Hobaku is a stun.

Tachi: Kaiten gives a little bit of extra TP on your attacks for a short time.

Summary:

No summary. Samurai is a great Sub Job. Samurai is a powerful Main Job. A good Samurai makes everyone else do more damage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know next to nothing of the Far East save for what Iroha and Tenzen have told me so I thought that now that I have time off from everything I'd take the chance to learn a little more about Samurai and Ninja.

I still feel a little awkward in Norg. I try to avoid Gilgamesh like the plague... I don't think I can hide from him this trip though.

You have no idea. Just point me to whatever.

*cough*

On it coach.

The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah

Easy enough.

This place is so pretty. Anyway this is the spot to "fish".

To a god slayer this fish is pretty unimpressive.

New sword to throw in the safe. Thanks.

What now?

And here is what strikes fear in a god slayer... The father of your dead friend who is a girl who you were preparing to go on a date with before she disintegrated in front of you.

Small world isn't it?

On it coach.

I didn't actually get paid gil for saving the world... Whatever. I'm sure I won't be paying 2 million gil for some artifact armor in a month or two.

It is the principle of the thing.

Spectacular.

Normally when I go to Onzozo to train I just use the Unity liaison who sends me into the thick of things but that is nowhere near where I need to go.

I actually have to use the front door for the first time.

Mmhmm.

Bird.

This is code for "Come back tomorrow".

Let's cleanse some dead.

Rest in peace knowing your home is safe.

Neat, time to go put these in the ol' Mog Safe.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 13, 2024

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I think the FFXI samurai armor is some of the cooler stuff we see Visaria in.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

PurpleXVI posted:

I think the FFXI samurai armor is some of the cooler stuff we see Visaria in.

That ain't the samurai armor! It comes from domain points(which you get from a rotating mini boss fight every 10 minutes in Escha) or high level miniboss fights. It fits on Warrior, Paladin, Dark Knight, Beastmaster, Samurai, and Dragoon.

I actually do think the samurai armor is pretty snazzy though, ninja is better.

Speaking of ninja that will be posted as soon as I learn how to play ninja.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 11, 2024

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I mean no artifact armour outdoes Red Mage, ever.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Ninja

Role: DPS and Shadow Tank

Does what it says on the tin.

Main Weapons: Katana

Can also use daggers, swords, great katanas, thrown weapons, and marksmanship.

Can use clubs, bows, and fist weapons in limited capacity.

Magic: Ninjutsu

Ninjas have an assortment of spells that cost no MP but use different tools from your inventory. This can clog your inventory a bit but you can do some serious magic damage and effects with the correct gear. There are three ranks of spells; ichi, ni, san.

The damage spells reduce resistance to the element the spell would be weak against. So using a thunder spell makes a target weak to earth.

Your most infamous spell is Utsusemi which creates shadows that let you avoid attacks. Ichi is 3 shadow as both Main and Sub Ninja, ni is 4/3, san is Main Job only and gives 5. They work like blink and a bunch of attacks can rip multiple shadows off at once. The recast is 30/45/60 seconds, as long as you are fighting something that doesn't rip all the stacks off at once you are a tank. In ancient times Ninja and Samurai were paired for super dodge shenanigans.

Other than that Ninja has some other nice buff and debuff spells. Oddly enough a lot of them help with tanking.

Notable Abilities:

Ninja don't get very much in terms of abilities.

Mijin Gakure: Your one hour... "Sacrifices your own life to deal damage to the enemy." Hmm... It does damage right? "Average damage dealt is 50% current HP" I see... "can be resisted with enough Magic evasion" Okay you get it.

Yonin: Can be always up, I love when I start with this line. Gives Utsusemi extra Enmity when cast, gives you -30 accuracy, +30 Enmity, and +30% to a trait that gives a chance to not consume tools which becomes +/-10 each as the skill goes on. Reduces the chance for enemies to crit you and increases your evasion to boot when standing in front of a target. This can't be used as a Sub Job.

Innin: Can be always up. Reduces your Enmity and evasion, and when attacking from behind you get extra accuracy, critical hit rate, and Ninjutsu damage. Can't use as a Sub Job.

Mikage: Your second one hour, it grants extra attacks based on how many shadows you have up for 45 seconds. It will give you an extra attack or two per round. It's better than exploding yourself.

Futae: Three minute cooldown, makes your next Ninjutsu do 50% more damage but uses an extra tool. This can't be used as a Sub Job.

Issekigan: For one minute gives you a ton of parry and parrying gives a bunch of Enmity. 5 minute cooldown. This can't be used as a Sub Job.

Notable Traits As A Sub Job:

Dual Wield: Is this the first time I'm talking about Dual Wield? Well it lets you have an extra one handed weapon in your off hand. This adds the following to your attacks: Delay, base stats, most bonuses written on the weapon except for critical hit rate. Damage, damage type, and critical hit rate are all applied to the off hand hit on it's own. TP bonus for Weaponskills, parry, magic accuracy, and relic weapon bonuses are main hand only. The skill of Dual Wield itself lowers the delay of your swings. Ninja as a Sub Job gives the biggest rank of Dual Wield at 25%. As a Main Job Ninja(35%) loses to Blue Mage(40%). Anyway if you are a build doing Dual Wield your Sub Job is either Ninja or Dancer mainly boiling down to haste available and which flavor of traits and support you want.

Subtle Blow: Reduce the TP you give an enemy when you slap them.

Max HP Boost: Better than nothing!

Later on you get some traits to help you Magic Burst and Skillchain harder.

Cool Weapon Skills:

Like Great Katanas normal old Katanas hit a wide array of Skillchain properties. Lower level Weaponskills focus on having elemental damage. They don't hit very hard though and your most potent element is going to be water.

Blade: Kamu lower accuracy for whatever it hits.

All the other high level Weaponskills mainly just hit hard unless you have the appropriate REMAP weapon and then they can do some extra effects. They also all scale off different stats so have fun making a ton of gear.

Summary:

Look I don't play Ninja. I don't think Ninja tanks are cool. I don't think Ninja melee DPS looks fun. No, what I think is the most fun part of what Ninja can do is using the elemental Ninjustu to Magic Burst like a pervert. The problem with that is why not just be a Red/Nin instead for better buffs and debuffs? Magic accuracy is a problem and physical is just so much more accessible for a Ninja. Tank Ninja was good, too good. Fights started constantly having attacks that took off multiple shadows at once or just went through them. This is a Job that has so much but it is all done better by something else... And that's the thing if you make Ninja any better at one of their specific jobs they become too good! Bless you Ninja mains for settling with "just good". Bless you all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that Samurai adventure was fun and taught me next to nothing about the Far East. I'm here in Norg still and there is a Ninja at the docks I can bother. We are gonna learn today!

Clearly I have not. What am I doing?

Welp to Port Bastok then.

I carry snacks in case of flashbacks.

This is your flashback and even I noticed Ensetsu gormlessly standing there.

I'm going to go and check just in CASE. Har har har... Saves me a zoop when I'm told to go check anyway.

Anyway I think life's great joke is Ensetsu is actually a half decent Ninja.

Oh. This is going to be a whole big problem isn't it?

I throw the two katanas he gives me into the Mog Safe and head back.

But?

Understood.

Venomous? Whatever.

To Rabao! The only way to know is to talk to every last person...

Or just find the guy dressed like a Ninja...

Several people would already be throwing fists if they heard that.

Ah. He's one of those types of dumbass.

I can buy an oak pole off a vendor back in San d'Oria. Thank the Goddess for zoops.

So what we have to do is go to Mhaura and get on the 16:00 ferry. Considering you have to wait a day for Leo to make the staff this usually means waiting all day.

The ghost will only show up at 20:00 so we have to wait a while while on the ship.

Voyager

I don't have to worry about sea monsters anymore so I can actually see the view. That's Windurst over there.

Boats are kinda a sore spot for me still.

Anyway I trounce the ghost.

Love to know I'm being watched.

Love to know my bosses are watching me work...

I'm telling you he's a half decent Ninja but if I said that out loud Ensetsu would get shoved in to the water and held down.

Heartwarming...

Well. It was briefly.

Back to Norg?

Sahagin... Jungle... Water in the jungle?

I have to comb all the water touched areas of the jungle.

All this work for a box. I shook the drat thing when I found it and it felt empty.

One zoop later...

I kick sand.

THEN DO IT YOURSELF!

Goddess these nerds just need to actually just talk to each other!

Great now you've all gone and dragged Ayame into this nonsense...

Ayame too is a Ninja.

I'm not going to learn a drat thing about the Far East am I?

Yeah. Wow...

Fine...

A little anticlimactic...

The end.

Well I look good in it at least.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Wait, Ninja goes beyond 49?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I was expecting Visaria to keep finding more and more trick boxes with no actual content and was kind of amazed when one of them actually had something in it at the end.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Wait, Ninja goes beyond 49?

It does if you wanna do Abyssea! :v:

Also it should not shock anyone that the awesomest, fastest, DPS-est job in an S-E game is Samurai. Other jobs have come and gone with various updates through the years, but SAM has always been S-tier.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Samurai Part 2

Okay fine. Samurai is my last resort for my studies I guess.

If someone says the word box once I'm going to go do Monk instead.

A thief? Here? Oh wow!

And you keep this thing laying around?

Our first contact is in Port Jeuno.

Wait, some dipshit put the helmet ON?

Contact two is in Mhaura.

Still not a lot to go on. How did some nobody manage to walk into pirate hut and steal a cursed helmet with no one noticing? Did Gilgamesh just leave the thing sitting on a coffee table?

No one is here though.

Oh invisible. Showoff.

Well they didn't really need me for this I guess. Still I should go along because I'm sure something will go wrong.

See?

Alright I'll take this seriously.

Alright one demon extermination comin' right up!

Let this be a lesson on why you shouldn't put on cursed helmets.

How many demons did they stuff in this thing?

They have no idea how fast this is gonna be.

I could have done it alone but this felt poetic or something. Also he lost the drat helmet so his trust should be doing the work at least.

Well at least they can use the helmet under the leaky sink again. Back to Norg.

How much is this going to cost me?

One day later!

Oh boy an uncursed cursed helmet! Thaaaaaanks Gilgamesh... I'll be sure to treasure it!

This is going on the coffee table as soon as I get home.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

Oh boy an uncursed cursed helmet! Thaaaaaanks Gilgamesh... I'll be sure to treasure it!

This is going on the coffee table as soon as I get home.

SAM AF is... something. There are a ton of cool looking gear sets for SAM/NIN/MNK(/PUP?) out there, and this one feels kind of meh. They really didn't nail the SAM aesthetic until their Empyrean set IMO.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012
The SAM AF is one of my favorite sets. I'm sad there is nothing like it in FFXIV.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Gilgamesh is truly committed to rolling his piratical r's.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 93. Trust

Those weren't the most thrilling side adventures but we did a few good deeds and that's what matters.

I'm bored. I should go bug Prishe and Ulmia.

Are you sure about that?

Prishe you are at least twice my age, I'm not having the talk with you.

Oh please tell me what I'm here for.

Oh...

Well I know where we are going after this disaster.

(Look there are different levels of trust... For example I wouldn't trust her to make me a sandwich...)

As always this was a mistake.

Well mostly a mistake.

The Prishe trusts are actually pretty useful. She has an AoE and single target version and can toss some strong heals to boot. When you use Ulmia's Trust, Prishe will heal at higher and much safer HP thresholds.

Hello old friend.

I bat my eyelashes.

Goddess you are just the sweetest bean.

Oh no, you sweet sweet bean. You are not replaceable! I just need a pocket version of you to give me Haste and Refresh.

Anyway you obviously have you voice back now, how'd you fix it?

Yes, that seems like a Prishe solution.

I will run halfway across the world and beat up anyone who makes this girl upset.

Will do!

Ulmia's Trust is one of the best! Attack boosting songs, accuracy boosting songs, Haste songs, Refresh songs... She is amazing and only one other Bard comes close to her level of support.

Anyway I'm done in Tavnazia for now, maybe I could get Esha'ntarl's Trust...

No Wolfgang?

Take a shot.

Of course! Shooing off a Bahamut is nothing compared to shaking a can full of gil at God and telling him to buzz off.

Next time: Bahamut

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I wonder if someone can get a Trust with themselves.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

PurpleXVI posted:

I wonder if someone can get a Trust with themselves.

Trust no one, not even yourself

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 94. Judgement

Point me to 'em!

Prishe?

Te...hehe?

I'm gonna ignore that. I have to ignore that.

This portal looks different from the others... She frickin' tehehed at me... The nerve.

Target located!

The Ruler of the Skies

Look at the good bean being assertive to the world ending dragon!

Yep, nothing we can do about it.

Wait are we throwing down right now?

poo poo I guess we are!

So first off this is an 18 person fight. Me being me I could do this alone but make no mistake he is still very dangerous.

He starts off fully buffed with Protect, Shell, and Phalanx. He can AoE silence and dispel and knows Cure 5 to make things even more annoying. Offensewise he knows Fire 5, Flare 2(they made a second one!?), and Firaga 4 which is AoE.

That's just the spells. He Megaflares every 10% of his HP lost and has several AoE knockbacks. At the final 10% he uses Gigaflare instead which hits harder and casts faster. It's best to end him before he gets one or more of these off. There are harder versions of the fight where he uses Teraflare at 10% instead with Gigaflare happening earlier. They also decided to give him blind and petrify in that fight. Gross.

Anyway I fought Promathia and lived, this is nothing.

Oi! Get yer rear end down here for round two!

That could have gone worse.

Yep.

I'll scare him off every Firesday if I need to. I'm also free most Windsdays.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One week of shouting at dragons later...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Verena's here, how nice.

That's bad... Well she seems fine now. Anyway this seems familiar.

A field trip into the void again. Hopefully the last field trip into the void...

You got it!

I do some finger guns and back out of the throne room. Someone better shout at Bahamut while I'm messing with the Crags. Just shake the gil can and spray him with a little Water 5. Works like a charm.

Next time: Chekhov's guns

Bregor
May 31, 2013

"Receptacle for the memories of the Shadow Lord" sounds like something I very much would not like to come back, or apply to the Emptiness or any of the other big bads out there. :ohdear: But I'm sure Visaria can stab it, or kill it with the power of friendship, or something.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

FIGHT AND LIVE vs FATE IS INEVITABLE is a delightfully raw split of worldviews.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 95. Memory Of The Stone

Faded Memories - Promyvion

On the final floor of each Crag's void we find one of these weird doors.

I break off a sliver from each.

Well that sucks.

I'm not exactly sure what we are going to do about this but I think Esha'ntarl has a plan.

Anyway while I'm in Jeuno I look into this new thing called a geomagnetron.

Okay so what if you just wanted to zoop to the top of Parradamo Tor? You wouldn't, but what if you did? Well we take one of these things and attune to the energy of the area or something and boom we can zoop to the spot we attuned to. Apparently they have points set up in some cities too. Using the zoop crystals costs a bit of gil, the zoop books cost tabs from training in the field, and this method costs kinetic units which come from converting crafting crystals. To get licensed to use them you just need to attune to one fount (you used to have to attune to all of them).

I also get access to zoop to Adoulin across the western sea. Sounds safe.

Wonderful. I can warp now. I will still refer to it as zooping as Warp is a spell and the Black Mage Union doesn't screw around.

Anyway I'm not messing with this thing right now, I've gotta get back to Esha'ntarl.

I'm doing the Visaria stare but you can't see it.

You actually seem excited about this... Personally I could do without the doom song but hey I don't get paid for my opinion.

Well... At least her head is still on her shoulders...

The giant red ominous light still exists. Lucky for us right?

Hey everyone.

You didn't need to bring them too.

Let's finish this for good this time.

Next time: Keeping a promise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

It feels like these quick fixes for the apocalypse don't last very well, half an hour there's end of the world leaking in again.