Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
There should be a test before anything Marvel on Disney+ that really digs into every appearance of every character that's going to show up in whatever you're trying to stream.

Did you watch all three seasons of Netflix Daredevil? How about Hawkeye? But did you see the Ben Affleck Daredevil? How about all the times Kingpin and Hobgoblin pick petty fights with each other like an unhappy married couple in the 90's Spider-Man cartoon? Have you read any comic with Wilson Fisk in it at all? Just the Frank Miller run? No, no. You're going to have to go back to 1967 and start over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
This is why the comics had footnote references to other series. Perhaps they do the VH1 pop-ups to add context

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It's sort of both, but the official definition is that it is something that requires no previous MCU watching to understand.

This is a little strange considering that Echo is a direct spinoff of Hawkeye.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

I’m giving what if s2 overall a 6/10
S1 for me was a 8/10

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Nybble posted:

This is why the comics had footnote references to other series. Perhaps they do the VH1 pop-ups to add context

this should be She-Hulk's job in everything moving forward

Release Secret Wars w/ TatMas & Ryan Reynolds doing commentary w/ mst3k shadows in theatres 3 weeks after Secret Wars, and charge me double to see it, you cowards!

StrugglingHoneybun fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 9, 2024

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

It's not exactly MCU/TV, but adjacent enough to maybe mention - the Guardians of the Galaxy game is currently free on the Epic Game Store (until the 10th or 11th of January).

It doesn't feature the original MCU likenesses, but after having played through it, I can say they nailed the characters, the cameraderie and their banter.
Some really beautiful/imaginative environments and overall aesthetics and the story also has lots of nice beats and funny scenes.

Worth a look if you need your fix.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the game has the best version of Mantis

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

GateOfD posted:

the game has the best version of Mantis

And a space llama.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

GateOfD posted:

I’m giving what if s2 overall a 6/10
S1 for me was a 8/10

Yeah sounds about right

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

DarklyDreaming posted:

And a space llama.

Space Llama is infinitely more tolerable the L&T Space Goats.

Game also has three great soundtracks: The orchestral score, 28 licensed tracks of 80's hits and a full album of 80's hair metal by an in-universe band.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I can’t believe they credited Stanley Tucci for one line in the What If…? s2 finale. Or indeed, got him in for it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Not as weird as when they had Kurt Russell do one line in an episode of Season 1

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not as weird as when they had Kurt Russell do one line in an episode of Season 1

They probably had him in for a day and got him to do all the S2 stuff too. Maybe Tucci will be in s3 in a bigger role?

EDIT: forgot Tucci was in the first ep of S1 too! :doh:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Just finished What If? and that sure was the full gamemasteranthony ending. Also Taika should cut Rhys Darby a huge check every time he gets a gig as Korg because he’s basically doing Darby’s voice.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqjE056Dh6U

It's one more sleep until Kingpin time. My one complaint about Hawkeye is they didn't really know how to shoot Fisk, he sort of just strolled into frame. Some of the shots from this mini-promo properly make him look huge and menacing as he did in Daredevil.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
https://screenrant.com/marvel-echo-show-first-reactions-social-media/

Early reactions are good, but I think they pretty much almost always are even for stuff that turned out terrible

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Lamont posted:

https://screenrant.com/marvel-echo-show-first-reactions-social-media/

Early reactions are good, but I think they pretty much almost always are even for stuff that turned out terrible

yeah, for example, also from screenrant:
Secret Invasion Early Reactions: Marvel's Spy Thriller Lives Up To The Hype

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I would suggest never ever clicking or reading anything from Screenrant.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

The entire article is just quoting tweets is this a journalism?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If it ends up being nothing more than a prelude to Daredevil Born Again, that'd be fine for 6 episodes

Hopefully it ends up being a REALLY good prelude with a bunch of dope-rear end fight scenes

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Oh, Devery Jacobs (Echo) also did the voice for Kahhori in "What if ..."?
Huh. I had no idea.

But for some, the idea that there are two native american characters in the MCU is apparently just too much :psyboom:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/echo-what-if-star-devery-jacobs-both-maya-kahhori-exist-1235782768/

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

mcbexx posted:

Oh, Devery Jacobs (Echo) also did the voice for Kahhori in "What if ..."?
Huh. I had no idea.

But for some, the idea that there are two native american characters in the MCU is apparently just too much :psyboom:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/echo-what-if-star-devery-jacobs-both-maya-kahhori-exist-1235782768/

jfc of course some fuckin chud has to ponder the question of "What If...there were less native American characters in the MCU?"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MH Knights posted:

Space Llama is infinitely more tolerable the L&T Space Goats.

Game also has three great soundtracks: The orchestral score, 28 licensed tracks of 80's hits and a full album of 80's hair metal by an in-universe band.

The ultimate team up attack is based on Quill playing a song on his walkman, and its random what song it is. So its hilarious when some big boss fight is happening set to Don't Worry Be Happy.

I really need to replay that, and NOT throw Rocket.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

The ultimate team up attack is based on Quill playing a song on his walkman, and its random what song it is. So its hilarious when some big boss fight is happening set to Don't Worry Be Happy.

I really need to replay that, and NOT throw Rocket.

I Rickrolled the final boss.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MH Knights posted:

I Rickrolled the final boss.

That's hilarious.

One of my favorite parts is when you're on the derelict Nova Corps ship and you're looking at the computer and going through all the criminal records and Quill goes "For a non space faring race, there are a lot of humans in space".

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

It's been January 9th for a while now, where's my dang Daredevil show

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Sockser posted:

It's been January 9th for a while now, where's my dang Daredevil show

9PM God's true time zone.

I read a few comments from someone who has seen it, and they weren't too impressed. Not as much violence as we were led to believe. And there's apparently a LOT of flashbacks to the Hawkeye show.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Not as much violence?!

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Marsupial Ape posted:

Not as much violence?!

What the hell did I change my settings to TV-MA for then?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Marsupial Ape posted:

Not as much violence?!

As they were "led to believe"

That means nothing

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You lead me to believe I was going to see Echo boot the entire skeleton out the top of a dudes head by kicking him square in the nutsack, Disney! You bamboozled me for the last goddamn time!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

It's very brave to watch an MCU show week to week, instead of waiting to see if the finale sucks or not.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Oh wait, this one's dropping all at once?? God drat. OK.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

AndyElusive posted:

You lead me to believe I was going to see Echo boot the entire skeleton out the top of a dudes head by kicking him square in the nutsack, Disney! You bamboozled me for the last goddamn time!

Now this

This i would watch over and over

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
give me the Ronin arc of Hawkeye with Mortal Kombat violence.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

What marvel tv is coming out after Echo

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Moon Girl season 2

Agatha?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

GateOfD posted:

What marvel tv is coming out after Echo
I don’t think anything else has a firm release date

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
It's a couple animated shows (the 90's X-Men sequel and an animated Black Panther thing).

The next live action show is supposed to be Agatha, but it doesn't have a firm release date beyond "late 2024."

Daredevil was supposed to follow Echo, but it was pushed back to 2025.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Lost power butnit came back on just in time for the series drop, so taking that as a sogn and watching now!