Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Larry Cum Free posted:

Finally broke my Vengeance Paladin oath, at a party no less, by telling the Tiefling mom not to kill Kagha for murdering her daughter, after laying her out with poison. I just didn't want my party getting ruined!

I had Jaehira pop up with one quick line in the epilogue despite dying in the Ketheric fight.

I just started my first paladin and dark urge and also broken my oath. Didn't last quite so long as you, did it loving with some kind of wall-hand. The oath system is surprisingly interesting so I'm probably going to go back and do a proper vengeance one if for no other reason than to get to kill Kagha in the face. Although my urge may get that chance too. Also interested in a finesse paladin.

I should really finish my first playthrough first, but it's stalled whilst I fix to cheat in a Potent Robe I missed out on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Man rangers are pretty boring

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I had this happen to me on another conversation earlier in the game and saving and loading fixed it. Well, saving and killing the process because honor mode.

I've been having the NOT FOUND bug happen throughout this and other playthroughs and reloading hasn't fixed it (it didn't fix this instance of it either). I tried uninstalling all mods and verifying the game files, still nothing.

I haven't tried a full uninstall/reinstall yet mainly because the game still works well enough and I feel more like playing instead of redownloading this behemoth of a game.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Man rangers are pretty boring

Counterpoint: 5 gloomstalker/4 assassin/3 fighter was fun as hell.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I haven't played one but archer hunters seem like they would do a lot of damage.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I haven't played one but archer hunters seem like they would do a lot of damage.

Yes. Archer Hunter or STR melee Hunter w/ 2-hander is good. But, like Beastmaster, it's a subclass that's all or nothing to really shine.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Does anyone know if volley works with slayer arrows?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

hard to beat swords bard for archer damage though.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I wish archery was more interesting in BG3 but it's hard to go away from double hand crossbows with sharpshooter up.

I wish heavy crossbows or bows could compete but I don't see how they can

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Ginette Reno posted:

I wish heavy crossbows or bows could compete but I don't see how they can

By lategame with my swords bard/fighter I was using a regular bow, because eight attacks with a poison/oil/etc applied was better than 9 attacks without, and you can use the bow that gives +1 to crit range to pull off nonsense like this:

It is pretty tough to beat dual hand-crossbows, though.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Floppychop posted:

I've been having the NOT FOUND bug happen throughout this and other playthroughs and reloading hasn't fixed it (it didn't fix this instance of it either). I tried uninstalling all mods and verifying the game files, still nothing.

I haven't tried a full uninstall/reinstall yet mainly because the game still works well enough and I feel more like playing instead of redownloading this behemoth of a game.

The Foehammer achievement also didn't pop after finishing. Not sure I have another HM run in me after dealing with all the NOT FOUND bullshit.

Boss fights were extremely not fun because all the new boss abilities were just NOT FOUND for all text but still had all their effects. I couldn't learn them by just reading but instead burned through way too many resources trying to learn what each did the hard way.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Vargatron posted:

Yeah I'm not speaking about the character, but rather the cutscene itself. It sickened me. I understand the character background and motivations.

Dame Aylin owns and should've done more rad finishers and wrestling moves to people.

One of the game's biggest remaining flaws is Paladins not having an Oath of Wrestling.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Pellisworth posted:

hard to beat swords bard for archer damage though.

You pretty much can't. One interesting reason for going gloomstalker/assassin instead of sword bard/thief is that the gloomstalker actually gets to use that giant pile of trick arrows. The whole point of sword bard is to use Slashing Flourish, and that precludes using specialty arrows. So the gloomstalker does a bit less raw damage (it's still a whole lot), but it feels less boring? After a while the sword bard is just deleting entire encounters by themselves and it always plays out the same way.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
now that I've got the sword of balduran I kind of want to respec my bard/paladin to Strength instead of Dex, just so I can get 2x Strengh + 2x Charisma bonus to damage (Cha damage from Oathbreaker level 7 and the diadem of arcane synergy)

that would ruin my archery ability and it's just so nice to be able to shoot like six arrows a turn with flourishes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh man I'm playing an Astarian origin right now and I just bit someone in front of Gale and he comes up to me and we talk about me being a vampire. And then this dude without a hint of shame is like no more keeping secrets from me that could result the in the injury or death of other people. Like bruh are you for real right now? Gale you deserve to get left in that hole I found you in.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
gale is legit the worst of your companions, as a person. like not even a contest lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Pellisworth posted:

gale is legit the worst of your companions, as a person. like not even a contest lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

For the NOT FOUND bug: If you are using the script extender, try updating it and reloading. I hit the bug in one scene in Act 3 which wasn't so bad, but then when I got to the epilogue, every single conversation was coming up as NOT FOUND. I tried disabling my mods, re-enabling only some of them, etc., before I saw someone online mentioning the script extender. Once I updated that, and reloaded, the game worked perfectly.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

is stealing the idol worth it at all? im just gonna turn it in to the dork.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

That DICK! posted:

The item you get for that is the best in Act 1, if not the whole game because it has no comparable options in that slot.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Does anyone know if volley works with slayer arrows?

No, it's a weapon action and you can't use special arrows with it at all.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That DICK! posted:

Steal the idol, give it to Mol, and then buy it off her and put it back. The Ring of Protection is no joke extremely good.

Protip: For best results you should do this after investigating Kagha but before you finish the Goblin Camp, that way if you gently caress up in any way you don't cause the entire encampment to go apeshit.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

What's the purpose of putting the idol back if you've also convinced the druids to not perform the ritual?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Pellisworth posted:

how is it not lae'zel, the person whose entire existence is running around to murder random people looking for an artifact to empower a lich

gale has some narcissistic tendencies but is ultimately someone who wants to do good. lae'zel straight up just wants to cut people in half because they arent githyanki

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Lae'zel doesn't know gently caress about poo poo because she's an indoctrinated child soldier. Gale has tasted vast cosmic knowledge and still somehow come to the conclusion that this artificial apotheosis will definitely work and not have horrible consequences for the world, unlike all those past ones, including the one fuckup he already had. He's personable enough and has superficially good ideals but he's also a colossal egomaniac with way more power than restraint. Dude is loving ridiculously dangerous to himself and everyone else. It's no wonder Mystra severed

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

The Lord Bude posted:

people are hosed (and deeply ignorant). Anyone who pays any attention at all to the text can see that Astarion is an abuse victim who needs help. It’s really gross that mod sites have to kick off bigoted scumbags that try and erase trans and lgtbt people from the game, someone even tried to put out a mod to remove all the PoC from the game and make Wyll white. it’s like this game kicked over a great big incel nest. I’m super proud the broader community is taking a stand against this poo poo though.

It’s also really really disgusting that every time I try and watch a youtube clip of the game to see other dialogue options and things that I’ve missed invariably the person who recorded the clip has shadowheart walking around in her underwear.

in fairness, I've had a bug where characters in my party decide they absolutely MUST de-equip their clothes

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Angry Diplomat posted:

He's personable enough and has superficially good ideals but he's also a colossal egomaniac with way more power than restraint. Dude is loving ridiculously dangerous to himself and everyone else.

Or, as everyone else knows them as for brevity's sake, a Wizard.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All I know is that when I clicked on “let’s not have the child be bit by the deadly venomous snake“, gale approved, unlike certain other party members

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Gale getting pissed off if you don't let him read the necronomicon, given his exact past, is extremely funny.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Jay Rust posted:

All I know is that when I clicked on “let’s not have the child be bit by the deadly venomous snake“, gale approved, unlike certain other party members

Gale consistently likes it when you resolve things nonviolently through dialogue. Approval is a little weird though so I'm not sure if it's for basically aesthetic reasons (thinking that it's crude or brutish to just kill your way into what you want) or if he just doesn't like people getting hurt.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Monathin posted:

Or, as everyone else knows them as for brevity's sake, a Wizard.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Just beat bg3 for the first time. What exactly was the pre-epilogue patch ending?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gale can be frustrating, because unlike most of the other characters who gradually unlearn their indoctrination, he grows only more obsessive and hubristic in the same exact pursuit that landed him in his current predicament. Unlike me, the most powerful adventurer in the realms who actually could wield the powers of the gods myself!!

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Tae posted:

Just beat bg3 for the first time. What exactly was the pre-epilogue patch ending?

The scene on the pier

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Gale is a great wizard they nailed it.

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
I like Gale! And he's right about gods being no more deserving of power than mortals. D&D gods seem capricious at best and vicious monsters at their worst.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

The answer is to tear down the gods, not elevate yourself Gale!

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Cavelcade posted:

The answer is to tear down the gods, not elevate yourself Gale!

good luck sneaking that one past Ao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

jasoneatspizza posted:

I like Gale! And he's right about gods being no more deserving of power than mortals. D&D gods seem capricious at best and vicious monsters at their worst.

I like Gale because everyone else is always like "don't mess with that thing it looks dangerous" and Gale chimes in with "it couldn't hurt to just sneak a little peak, could it?"

Astarion then claims it's his and you should give it to him for reasons.