Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

UvH is still the best backline UR ship to stick in your mobbing fleet. Pretty much all of the others want to be in the boss fleet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Oh god, I just accidentally discovered the EX versions of the Senran Kagura character skins. :negative:

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
what, you mean the main focus of the actual game? how dare they put big titty ninjas in scantily clad tattered clothing from a game about.. big titty ninjas in scantily clad tattered (if any) clothing!

So, yeah. If you rub the big titty ninjas ships their uniform gets torn up and they flash bra and panty. It's actually a bit of a process because you have to rub the screen repeatedly and not have the motion coded as a tap at any point. Still, honestly, they remain more dressed than most of the in house russian lolis in that game.

killer_robot fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 9, 2024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McGavin posted:

Oh god, I just accidentally discovered the EX versions of the Senran Kagura character skins. :negative:

:confused:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You swipe down on the boobs to make them take off their clothes and swipe up on the boobs to make them put them back on again. You don't rub the boobs repeatedly like that pervert upthread does.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

You play the game your way, I'll play it mine.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
what insane mad lad just touches a boob once?!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Not sure why everyone is so impressed with the new pity system?
You will need 400 cubes to fill the pity bar but those are cubes that will have to be spent outside an event. So it is either 400 days of using a single vube for the daily to keep cobe spendage the same as now or start building more outside of events which means a higher cube consumption.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ineptitude posted:

You will need 400 cubes to fill the pity bar but those are cubes that will have to be spent outside an event. So it is either 400 days of using a single vube for the daily to keep cobe spendage the same as now or start building more outside of events which means a higher cube consumption.

Because it's just a freebie in a genre that generally makes you pay dearly for the waifus. Also, for the people who don't have 100% of the ships, which are obviously the same group who would be interested in this feature, they'll naturally do a lot of pulls in the wishing well events, which will count for the pity.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Event pulls with no UR of their own will also count unless they changed it since the announcement. People who.want the ship can go hog wild pulling and know when they will get it, and for others it's a bonus whether it takes a year or not.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

No, it's much more generous than that. All pulls on the standard banners count. Pulls on Wishing Well banners also count. Pulls on non-UR reruns also count. Pulls on non-UR new events also count.

The only pulls that do not count towards the Shinano/New Jersey/<future UR in standard pool> pity are ones done on UR event/rerun banners.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Ok that sounds a lot better than what my impression of it was, good to hear.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Is there a pity pull so I can trade all these kents, kolns and bogues i'm getting so I can complete my non research ship collection with a single u73 or u81?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

killer_robot posted:

Is there a pity pull so I can trade all these kents, kolns and bogues i'm getting so I can complete my non research ship collection with a single u73 or u81?

Not a pity exactly, but there are "Wishing Well" banners a couple of times a year where you can select two ships from the same standard banner (so both your missing girls, since subs are all on the Special banner) and they basically get a rate up as if they were in an event.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Annoyingly you were correct, i can go straight to hard mode in events. 😅

Is it worth pulling for Ulrich won Hutten?

I have only played for a year, i have NJ, BZ, FDG, howe, marco polo and owari from Tier EX and 0 BBs, as well as 9 of the ones in Tier 1

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Ulrich is the best mob fleet battleship, but I wouldn't pull for her past the free tickets.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ineptitude posted:

Annoyingly you were correct, i can go straight to hard mode in events. 😅

Is it worth pulling for Ulrich won Hutten?

I have only played for a year, i have NJ, BZ, FDG, howe, marco polo and owari from Tier EX and 0 BBs, as well as 9 of the ones in Tier 1

Her gimmick and defensive barrages deal real good with trash enemies so she's great in a mob fleet but, besides that, there is nothing particularly special about her and there is a shitload of excellent BBs anyways. If you have a lot of spare cubes go for it but otherwise save them. The next new UR is probably going to be a backliner anyways.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
She's really good against the current meta ship, and the current challenge ship for that matter, but who knows when her time is going to come again.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks for the input!

Luckily i got her AND Aldabert with the free tickets!

About time i had some luck, i had to near pity Guam (170ish), virtually pity Shimakaze (got her on the 199th pull...) and had to pity NJ

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

OK, for once the Chinese New Year event looks like it will actually be a real Dragon Empery event!

First, we're getting the expected two refits, although who they are (and aren't) is a little surprising. The refits are:

Chen Hai and
Tai Yuan
Notably NOT Fu Shun, so the Four Guardians still have a retrofit coming in a future year before they're complete. And yes, Tai Yuan will be a DDG, her sprite has missile pods on the snek.

They've also revealed two of the three expected ships for this mini-event, and for the first time ever, there's a gold Dragon Empery ship among them:

SSR Battlecruiser Huan Chang
Elite Light Cruiser Ji/Chi An

Huan Chang appears most likely to be from a total fantasy proposal in 1913 to build near WW2-quality battlecruisers to modernize China's fleet. Nothing ever came of it because there was no way they could possibly implement the proposal. Ji An is likely based on the "number 64" class of protected cruiser, three of which were laid down, though none were completed or even named.

There should be a third ship, another SSR, if it matches the last couple of years. Previously the SSRs have been non-DE factions and the elites have been DE ships, but obviously that's not entirely the case this time. We should also get mini-events that reward copies of previous years' elite DE ships. And probably a mini-event for Tai Yuan's retrofit material, since her sisters had them.

Sathzur
Nov 19, 2009
Here's the next ship announced

Elite Destroyer Long Wu

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Yep. She appears to be another 1913 plan ship like Huan Chang. Curious that she's an elite, though. I expected another SSR destroyer or light cruiser so they could keep the event in the light construction pool (which the CNY event traditionally is).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sathzur posted:

Here's the next ship announced

Elite Destroyer Long Wu

Seems like Natori found a dragon tail challenger.

Sathzur
Nov 19, 2009

Zurai posted:

Yep. She appears to be another 1913 plan ship like Huan Chang. Curious that she's an elite, though. I expected another SSR destroyer or light cruiser so they could keep the event in the light construction pool (which the CNY event traditionally is).

You'd be right about them having another destroyer but not her rarity, as they also showed off Hu Ben who has a tiger motif

Sathzur fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jan 22, 2024

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Sathzur posted:

You'd be right about them having another destroyer but not her rarity, as they also showed off Hu Ben who has a tiger motif

What I meant was I expected this to be a 3-ship event like 2022 and 2023, with two SSRs and one Elite, and one of the SSRs being a Light Pool ship so that they could keep the tradition of the CNY event being a Light Construction pool.

That said, yes, they've announced not one but two additional Elite Dragon Empery Destroyers, so...

the aforementioned Hu Ben, and...
Fei Yun.

That makes 5 new ships and only one SSR, who's a hull type which is traditionally in the Heavy Construction pool. Very strange for a CNY event.

EDIT: Incidentally, Hu Ben is one of Long Wu's sister-ships that was laid down but never named or completed, while Fei Yun actually existed as a Chang Feng-class DD during the second Sino-Japanese War.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 22, 2024

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I welcome all lovely purple ships that I'll never use nor pay attention to and the Chinese new year event seems like It'll provide.

Dock space? what's that?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'm sitting this one out completely unless its on the light banner. I'd been holding regularly around 400 cubes for the past few months but went down to 50 getting Prinz Adalbert. I'd had good luck until now but it had to run out at some point. I probably should have just skipped her and kept my stockpile. I hadn't missed any ships since I started a bit over a year ago and the sunk cost fallacy got me good. I got like 12 off banner yellows while max LBing everyone else that was boosted in the rerun. Hopefully I can recover before the next UR and no good collabs show up in February.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I hope there's going to be an easy way to pick up a copy of Fu Shun and Chen Hai during the event. I can get Tai Yuan from the guild shop, but I'd like to not have to hit the cube mines for the others. Especially since I'm pretty sure I recycled a Chen Hai within the last month or so.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I have been really slacking on OpSi for, well, forever.
Been doing just enough to get 25k meta points to max LB the current meta ship, usually by clearing level 3 and 4 zones, sometimes 5. Have not spent any time doing the central red zones, and the one time i tried a 200AP red maelstrom zone (siren stronghold?) it took several hundred heal kits to clear it so i have not done that again.

For this reset i decided to put in a little more effort (also i discovered the auto explore button)
I cleared more or less the whole map (sans the central red zones) and got about 2100 special currency (i also discovered that you can buy a decent amount of these from the port)

I bought all the gear lab materials, which got me exactly 0 new items. The ports had a grand total of 4 T2 ordnance test reports and 4 SR design plans, i need like 8 of each for a new gun.
The stores had 1 of each UR plan, i need 9.
Feels like i am missing something here. I cant imagine it is supposed to take 9 months for each UR lab item.
Do the central red zones poo poo mountains of loot on you?
What are the secrets to OpSi fun and profit?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ineptitude posted:

All I do is get my 200 meta points every day by repeating the same piss-easy zone using the auto-explore function. Wish I could skip through it, but oh well.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

Have not spent any time doing the central red zones, and the one time i tried a 200AP red maelstrom zone (siren stronghold?) it took several hundred heal kits to clear it so i have not done that again.

You can leave and come back, they're persistent until cleared. Just go to a port and heal up.

quote:

I bought all the gear lab materials, which got me exactly 0 new items. The ports had a grand total of 4 T2 ordnance test reports and 4 SR design plans, i need like 8 of each for a new gun.
The stores had 1 of each UR plan, i need 9.
Feels like i am missing something here. I cant imagine it is supposed to take 9 months for each UR lab item.

I'm not sure which stores you're checking but they've been standardized for a few months now. You should get 3 generic UR prints (which you can turn into any of the specific UR prints) and 2 T3 ordnance test reports from the St. Petersburg port store every month. Beating the monthly Arbiter boss in the very center of the map also gets you a guaranteed specific UR print every month (and you can leave that fight to heal, so there's no reason not to beat it aside from ennui).

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Ineptitude posted:

Make sure you do the daily missions as they give a lot of currency so you don't need to grind as much.

To get more UR mats, the best sources are tier 4 Meowofficer diving spots and Siren Locators, T4-T6. Those are the red enemy icons or you can use the Siren Locator item to spawn more. If you auto search Level 4 zones and do those T4-T6 Siren Locators, that will give you a lot of mats.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
How to you reset OpSi? I thought it was monthly automatic or something but I've been struggling through my first time in it for several months now.

I didn't have too much worthwhile when I opened it so I'd like to start over fresh instead of just slamming my face into maps until I get through because of heal items! Or at least fewer anyways. I have Liverpool and got to go to another port down south of there but it didn't have a shop?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

OpSi does reset monthly. A recent patch made it so you can access the shop from any of the blue ports. Once there click port then resupply and it will show the combined shops of all the ports. Many of the items will be blacked out until you complete area captures in their neck of the woods.

Each month as it finishes and resets you'll get Supply Shop Vouchers that you can spend in a store, which appears as Exchange Shop on the overview map in the lower left corner. There you can also buy the item for 5000 oil that will clear the entire map giving you the basic rewards and more importantly connecting them all so you can pop around the map doing missions without having to capture areas in between, which can be very tedious. Using that item also gives you a big head start on the basic coins and quality tunings for the 3 OpSi stats. That exchange shop also sells high efficiency plans, T4 skill books, some more quality tunings, and other stuff I honestly haven't looked into much myself.

I used to spend way too long in OpSi slowly putzing around the map until I finished the OpSi campaign, but these days I just buy the 5000 oil thing each month then automate doing the daily missions with my best ships until I get my 200 thingamabobs to summon both META ships twice. I'm missing out on a ton of rewards for not tackling the center or red difficulty maps, but I can autoplay everything in the game excepting the event EX missions, and handily finish every META ship, so I'm happy enough. I might start giving it more attention soon as I want to break into worlds 14 and 15 in the main campaign and UR gear might help that but I'm in no hurry.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

bagrada posted:

Many of the items will be blacked out until you complete area captures in their neck of the woods.

The items get unlocked based on the total number of areas cleared, with new items unlocked for every 5 areas cleared. Everything else in the above post is accurate.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Finagle posted:

How to you reset OpSi? I thought it was monthly automatic or something but I've been struggling through my first time in it for several months now.

I didn't have too much worthwhile when I opened it so I'd like to start over fresh instead of just slamming my face into maps until I get through because of heal items! Or at least fewer anyways. I have Liverpool and got to go to another port down south of there but it didn't have a shop?

OpSi doesn't reset until the first time you beat act 4. Just follow the story missions and it'll reset at the end of the first month after you complete them. The story missions aren't terribly difficult.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Oh good point I forgot about that, it took me a few months to get through it when I started. & thanks for the correction on the shop unlocks as well.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Finagle posted:

No need to use heal items that much anyways. Just slap Unicorn (retrofit) into your main mob fleet and let her do her thing.

And yes, buying the data logger from the exchange shop at the start of every month is a really good way to get an immediate power boost and have all the areas open and free of fog. Makes things waaaay less tedious and you can concentrate on farming the good spots (level 4-6 special areas)

The wiki is very informative

https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/wiki/Operation_Siren

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 23, 2024

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Back to the previous topic for a quick note: they're starting to preview the event skins now so the complete event roster has been released. It's an all-Dragon Empery event with the SSR battlecruiser plus the elite light cruiser and the two sister-ship elite destroyers in the event pool. Fei Yun, the third elite DD, will be the point reward ship.

In the past, they've usually given ways to get a selection of the previous Dragon Empery elite ships for free, so presumably there'll be something here too. No idea which ships will be made available this year. There should also be some previous CNY ships added to the general pool, but I can't remember if they do the ones from two years ago or put the previous year's ships straight in since there are no reruns for the CNY events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

trucutru posted:

No need to use heal items that much anyways. Just slap Unicorn (retrofit) into your main mob fleet and let her do her thing.

Perseus is also an absolute MVP for OpSi fleet healing.