Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

For some offsite goon fun. Twoday became twitter famous and someone turned him into a crypto currency.

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Mr Hootington posted:

For some offsite goon fun. Twoday became twitter famous and someone turned him into a crypto currency.

many are saying this

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Tfw Livvy Dunn gets rizzed by Baby Gronk

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Those who know know.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Good for twoday

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Those who know, know. But those who don't know... and I'll eat for the rest of my life.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

many are saying this

how hard is the mod forum debating whether or not it's okay to tell numbers rereg guy to kill himself

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Doubt anyone reported the post

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

it was reported I checked. being able to check without reporting is one of the best* changes to SA in the last year

* only

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

numbers guy reported it himself. he demands justice

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

aw frig aw dang it posted:

numbers guy reported it himself. he demands justice

actually that's probably true lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Mr Hootington posted:

Good for twoday

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
twoday wanted to gas trump zone and succ thread after the 2020 e and he was right

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
dont know who that is

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
he wrote the book of trump

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Twoday was a decent enough mod who was smart enough to step down when it stopped being fun, and deserves credit for that alone.

And as silly things done by former (or current) mods go, "made a weird and silly piece of art" is nothing to be ashamed of compared with some of what's out there

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

quite clear they went innsmouth style insane in the course of making it. and now they're a crypto currency. you think that's still just weird and silly?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
he has 'ascended'

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Cuttlefush posted:

quite clear they went innsmouth style insane in the course of making it. and now they're a crypto currency. you think that's still just weird and silly?

hmm maybe fyad had a point about these forums ability to inflict prodromal schizophrenia

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

This book owns. 10/10 experience of flipping through and getting increasingly distressed like in The Shining.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
how many of you have finished a book? good for them

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the trump book just got 10 pages longer

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

I think Ohtori Akio's posts describe this book well enough.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

i did

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

how hard is the mod forum debating whether or not it's okay to tell numbers rereg guy to kill himself

should be a perma. it's usually hard to tell what's going on behind the screen when you tell someone to kill themselves on the Internet, which is why it's bad, but when you know for a fact they're in the middle of an extended break from reality and do it precisely because of that fact you should be immediately permabanned with zero debate. real piece of poo poo behavior.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

speng31b posted:

should be a perma. it's usually hard to tell what's going on behind the screen when you tell someone to kill themselves on the Internet, which is why it's bad, but when you know for a fact they're in the middle of an extended break from reality and do it precisely because of that fact you should be immediately permabanned with zero debate. real piece of poo poo behavior.

I agree. The subject of a posters death threat to another poster should be immaterial. Numbers guy is still a human, even if his accounts are tossed out of the forums on a daily basis.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, I don't think "kill yourself" posts are ever appropriate, even as a joke, and I know that makes me a bit farther up the ol'stick-in-the-mud axis than most of cspam, but especially here, for all the reasons speng says, I think it should be stomped hard on.

Also, not for nothing, but someone involved in a -- however frivolous -- lawsuit against SA harming themselves because -- however tenuous this link is -- someone from the site told them to feels like it could potentially have negative repercussions for the site as a whole. Like, probably not, and that's nowhere near the top of the list of reasons to take a firm line here, but not outside the realm of possibility either.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
doctor,

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i don't think you should ever tell a poster to kill themselves, because it's lazy. if you want them dead, be a grownup and take responsibility - threaten to kill them yourself

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah! lets kill numbers guy

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i'd like to see his end game

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Death threats to people who aren't posters are still cool tho. Not like they're gonna read it.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
e: wrong thread lol

namaste

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cuttlefush posted:

what's weird about it is that it's conflating the entirety of cspam with the trump thread imho

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

what's weird about it is that it's conflating the entirety of cspam with the trump thread imho

The trump thread is cspam. Jeff believes this. He owns one of these books and a piss tape is real hat.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i think at the time it was conceived / created the trump thread was probably pretty close to being that. since 2016-2020 batshit electoralism stuff died down more of cspam emerged and the trump thread receded

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

correctly so

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

There are more people who post outside of the trump thread than do at this point. You can tell when the trump posters ooze out into other threads.

There is a lot of lurkers who read the trump (and musk) threads for some reason.

Those lurkers also read the gbs, d&d, and yospos trump and musk threads. Idk why. They all post the same poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I want a Piss Tape Is Real hat