Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

joe football posted:

to be fair, 'he's hurt' is an absolutely massive knock against him

lol yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I would be happy with a horse Penix

How did pence get on these forums anyway

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

whos that broooown posted:

How did pence get on these forums anyway

please don't kinkshame

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

xbilkis posted:

Penix's red flags aren't just injury stuff; he's struggled against pressure and his accuracy looked way shakier in the back half of the season than it did the first half

drat it turns out he didn't just fix all his problems in time for the playoff

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

xbilkis posted:

drat it turns out he didn't just fix all his problems in time for the playoff

Unfortunately, Texas was never Back as it turns out

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Alaois posted:

people rating Penix as a first rounder based on one game now casting him deep out of the first round based on watching a second game

Begging goons to watch college football before January

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Benne posted:

They never will.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Benne posted:

Is the presentation always as chintzy as it was tonight? The least important NFL game on any given week feels better-produced than the most important CFB game of the year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Black Lighter posted:

Is the presentation always as chintzy as it was tonight? The least important NFL game on any given week feels better-produced than the most important CFB game of the year.

Well the playoff games are played in lovely NFL stadiums that completely strip away the joy and chaos of a student section going apeshit on Saturdays, so that doesn't help. This is nowhere close to the authentic college football experience.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Benne posted:

Well the playoff games are played in lovely NFL stadiums that completely strip away the joy and chaos of a student section going apeshit on Saturdays, so that doesn't help. This is nowhere close to the authentic college football experience.

RIP Pac 12 After Dark in Pullman

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

JJ and Penis both looked mediocre out there tonight imo

No I do not watch much CFB

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I feel like JJ should just stay in school at this point if he doesn't care too much about Going Out On Top. Test your luck in a (probably) weaker class, see if you can get some shine from playing in a new system presuming Michigan makes a coaching change. Can't imagine anyone talking themselves into him as more than a Day 2 developmental guy at this point

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

JJ and Penis both looked mediocre out there tonight imo

No I do not watch much CFB

JJ is mediocre. You got the full experience.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

xbilkis posted:

I feel like JJ should just stay in school at this point if he doesn't care too much about Going Out On Top. Test your luck in a (probably) weaker class, see if you can get some shine from playing in a new system presuming Michigan makes a coaching change. Can't imagine anyone talking themselves into him as more than a Day 2 developmental guy at this point

JJ has nothing to improve on

Even his throws that went for yards were bad.

McElroy-tier

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JJ McCarthy is not only a bad quarterback but he's also a complete freak that i cant imagine any coach would want to deal with other than jim harbaugh who is also a complete freak in a similar way

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Black Lighter posted:

It's just different levels of poo poo, often containing Kirk Herbstreit.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Alaois posted:

JJ McCarthy is not only a bad quarterback but he's also a complete freak that i cant imagine any coach would want to deal with other than jim harbaugh who is also a complete freak in a similar way

Good thing for McCarthy that Jimbo is going to be coaching in the NFL next season then.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Alaois posted:

Aaron Rodgers is a complete nutcase. Doesn't stop him from footbaw success.

(no JJ is not Aaron Rodgers)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think JJ will plummet in the draft process. Huge AJ McCarron energy out there.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

xbilkis posted:

Half of this Michigan team is graduating or off to the NFL. JJ is gonna get completely exposed if he comes back

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Half of this Michigan team is graduating or off to the NFL. He's gonna get completely exposed if he comes back

Can’t get completely exposed if you’re already completely exposed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

predicto posted:

Aaron Rodgers is a complete nutcase. Doesn't stop him from footbaw success.

(no JJ is not Aaron Rodgers)

Aaron Rodgers had a progression through being a top 5 quarterback in the league into being an unhinged freak. JJ brushes with his left hand to stimulate alpha brainwaves and he hasn't even entered the draft yet.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Penix and McCarthy both sucked tonight, woe be to the team that drafts either

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Manoueverable posted:

Penix and McCarthy both sucked tonight, woe be to the team that drafts either

Penix is going to be extremely good for his entire 2.5 year NFL career

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'd still take Penix at the bottom half of the first. He's a hell of a lot better than Kenny Pickett.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Penix is going top 15.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Penix is going top 15.

Nah, he needs to fall a bit so he can go back home.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Denver sitting there at 12 is gonna pull the trigger

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

wandler20 posted:

But the Colts just drafted a QB :confused:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Denver sitting there at 12 is gonna pull the trigger

Payton is pretty particular about what he wants in a QB, really depends on whether he things Penix fits his system.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Payton is pretty particular about what he wants in a QB, really depends on whether he things Penix fits his system.

If he passes, the Raiders are at 13

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Benne posted:

But the Colts just drafted a QB :confused:

Penix is from Tampa.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Penix is from Tampa.

Bo Nix in pewter

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

a neat cape posted:

If he passes, the Raiders are at 13

I’m not so sure. There were plenty of QB needy teams last year and Levis still dropped despite getting first round buzz up until the draft.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Bo Nix in pewter

I'd rather stick with Baker.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's just kinda silly to make any hard predictions before the Combine, when teams get the medicals that will tell the real story on Penix's trajectory.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Benne posted:

It's just kinda silly to make any hard predictions before the Combine, when teams get the medicals that will tell the real story on Penix's trajectory.

I think this is the correct take on him because his injury history is brutal.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Benne posted:

Yeah fair.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Benne posted:

I think JJ will plummet in the draft process. Huge AJ McCarron energy out there.

So he also has a really hot wife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Alaois posted:

Aaron Rodgers had a progression through being a top 5 quarterback in the league into being an unhinged freak. JJ brushes with his left hand to stimulate alpha brainwaves and he hasn't even entered the draft yet.

They showed JJ doing the pregame meditation while surrounded by cameras and I nearly barfed