Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Wait, you need more than one of those? I can't even get the one for wishing well Dancer, despite my best efforts, how many more could you use up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Griddle of Love posted:

Wait, you need more than one of those? I can't even get the one for wishing well Dancer, despite my best efforts, how many more could you use up?

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I gotta say I got to T199 and my desire to play this just sort of evaporated. Tower was great for having smaller bite size goals to obtain while working toward the bigger quest chains and now with that gone and just these massive quests left… ehhhh.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah same for me. I’m just done with clicking tbh. ATM for me it’s log in, do the PHRs, do the chores, grape juice some wheat (I’m working on GMing it) and cook pies (working on cooking level) then forget about it other than reaping/planting more wheat.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Griddle of Love, I just sent you Dancer and some flieres.

Also I declared finishing "Buddy Christmas Adventure IV" the end of that quest chain for the season. I might do some more exploring in Santa's Workshop for one more milk and cookies for collections sake but I'm not going for another 50 for the *actual* end of that questline.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Twincityhacker posted:

Griddle of Love, I just sent you Dancer and some flieres.

Also I declared finishing "Buddy Christmas Adventure IV" the end of that quest chain for the season. I might do some more exploring in Santa's Workshop for one more milk and cookies for collections sake but I'm not going for another 50 for the *actual* end of that questline.

That was huge with how many other quest stages it allowed me to just hand in immediately afterwards.

How silly are the odds for milk and cookies, like average stamina used for each?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Griddle of Love posted:

That was huge with how many other quest stages it allowed me to just hand in immediately afterwards.

How silly are the odds for milk and cookies, like average stamina used for each?

https://buddy.farm/i/milk-and-cookies/

202 AP to cookies.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
1000 spiked shells seems like an awful lot of spiked shells when WW is good for like ~10 a day.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

don't forget you can also spend 6-7k large nets.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Do spooky pies work on every item in a crop?

Eg. If I plant 40 peas will I get both 40 frozen and 40 gold peas?

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

hambeet posted:

Do spooky pies work on every item in a crop?

Eg. If I plant 40 peas will I get both 40 frozen and 40 gold peas?

I think you use it on a specific seed you’ve planted instead of using it on everything growing like grape juice.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
They're good for guarantying the bonus item from any seed, but only for a max of 4 seeds

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Only 50 more milk and cookies!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'm nearly done with corn of interest and I have a feeling the grind has only just begun

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

1T storage or 1T farm upgrade first you reckon?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

I went farm at 1T since storage was no longer really limiting me in any meaningful way.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That’s what I was thinking.

While the cumulative effect of storage adds up over time it seems better bang for buck with the farm as this is my first 1T.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

By the time you can get the first 1T, the second 1T isn't that far behind, maybe a couple of weeks at most, so you're only really losing out on a couple dozen inventory space - and you're likely at or approaching 5 digits due to tower perks by this point anyway.

I am so checked out on this game lately, I've missed 2 dailies already and don't want to spend gold to make them up, so this might be the first month I don't get the monthly basket.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
It's probably for the best, the lag has only gotten worse since they start the frozen fishing event. The entire experience is pretty terrible right now.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
1T farm row is the pro move. Do not say that on reddit though they get big mad.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

koshmar posted:

It's probably for the best, the lag has only gotten worse since they start the frozen fishing event. The entire experience is pretty terrible right now.

The lag makes me want to scream, and I wish I could help them in some way. I know this is a for-profit venture and all but like, I deal with "large scale parallel processing" sort of things as my day job. There are things where you can just feel they've implemented them wrong. Maybe I'm crazy but the "spend X units" instead of "spend 1 unit" (nets, AP, AC) feels like they run outer loop X times, instead of doing simple multiplication. Stuff like that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Xerol posted:

By the time you can get the first 1T, the second 1T isn't that far behind, maybe a couple of weeks at most, so you're only really losing out on a couple dozen inventory space - and you're likely at or approaching 5 digits due to tower perks by this point anyway.

I am so checked out on this game lately, I've missed 2 dailies already and don't want to spend gold to make them up, so this might be the first month I don't get the monthly basket.

yeah i'm just at 8k storage now. getting to 1T took a couple of weeks, had a couple of quests that paid well though, but I think you're right.

people were selling the monthly basket/chest for AP earlier this week. I grabbed one for 900AP, which was timely as I had a quest waiting to turn in that was going to void nearly 1000 anyway.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

H110Hawk posted:

The lag makes me want to scream, and I wish I could help them in some way. I know this is a for-profit venture and all but like, I deal with "large scale parallel processing" sort of things as my day job. There are things where you can just feel they've implemented them wrong. Maybe I'm crazy but the "spend X units" instead of "spend 1 unit" (nets, AP, AC) feels like they run outer loop X times, instead of doing simple multiplication. Stuff like that.

send them your thoughts, along with a quote :v:

but yeah lag was annoying me yesterday, when i smashed a cookie and struggled to get through the 14 grape juice in time. just abysmal at times.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I just had to tap my phone 15 times to harvest my crops

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It has been really bad recently. I think their earlier attempts to deal with server load by adding items to magnify clicks is failing in the face of the massive amount of items they're demanding from top players and the huge resources those players have to keep spamming clicks with.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
It seemed fine until they flipped the switch on the 18th for the frozen fishing event and ever since its just been a slog.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Large Nets are almost double the price in gold since December, hopefully once everything thaws out it'll go back down but doubt it. It's made making silver such a pain in the rear end

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

hambeet posted:

send them your thoughts, along with a quote :v:

Yeah I'm more of an "ideas guy" see... :v: (Seriously, I help with design of horizontally scalable systems vs coding. I'm sure they have these sorts of helpful suggestions coming out of their ears and half of it is probably their DB schema locks too much when people do things because it's safer to take a global lock than try to handle it on a row-by-row basis. This is how you prevent duping and race conditions and such. It's hard problems.)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
People on discord are saying that the play store started promoting this game to people. That would explain the huge influx of people trying it out. If they did that without coordination that is a seriously dick move.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
2 cookies and all my grape juice and I got 6 frozen corn, a sadist set these drop rates, and these we're adjusted if I'm remembering last year correctly.

koshmar fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 7, 2024

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

koshmar posted:

2 cookies and all my grape juice and I got 6 frozen corn, a sadist set's these drop rates, and these we're adjusted if I'm remembering last year correctly.

Same. I used 3 and don’t think I got 10.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

koshmar posted:

2 cookies and all my grape juice and I got 6 frozen corn, a sadist set's these drop rates, and these we're adjusted if I'm remembering last year correctly.

Wait… cookies stack?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

hambeet posted:

Wait… cookies stack?

Yes, so well in fact that they had to nerf the game because people were waiting until just before reset, eating all 3 cookies, grape juicing and then grape juicing again after reset while all 3 cookies were still active.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:negative:

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

H110Hawk posted:

I didn't want to believe it, but I've just manually farmed some peppers (after I wasted a breakfast boost to lag; the delays were as long as the growth times) and even though I only used the plant/harvest all buttons, I ran into a situation where approx the last third of my crops were growing out of sync with the rest :psyduck:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Got my 1 trillion crop row today, started playing May '23

Thanks to the kind goons who have been stuffing my mailbox (420) with AP OJ and Large Nets for the past however long, it's always appreciated

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
I love watching them try to fix the game on the fly. I know why they have to, I just want my frozen crops.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Used cookies again and got like 60 corn this time so who knows.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I find that the harvest either gets zero frozen corn or like five. Nothing in between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Frozen cabbages seem even worse. On 15 harvests I've gotten three with frozen crops -- a single one in each.

Is there some trick to getting a chicken raptor? i know it has to get to 1000 losses with less than 100 wins, but my "best" attempts have only gotten to around 500 losses before the exceed 100 wins. Those were with 13-power raptors, I haven't seen any lower. So I have to re-roll to get them even worse? Are there simply too many terrible raptors out there these days?