Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
There's nothing that definitely pointing to Sonny except timing. Could be a hack for all we know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
does wrestling have a columbo type figure we can get on the case here

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

That is quite the dated reference

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

That is quite the dated reference

what bubble are you living in

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
columbo was, like, the last detective figure anyone knows about. sherlock holmes, poirot, sam spade, columbo, end of list we have had no notable detectives since then

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

we're living in a Columbo Renaissance. every 20 year old on the internet knows who Columbo is.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The Monk Renaissance is coming any day now thanks to the Kino Lorber Blu-Rays and Peacock movie...I believe...

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Alaois posted:

we're living in a Columbo Renaissance. every 20 year old on the internet knows who Columbo is.

What??? Am I the out of touch one? How'd this happen?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Everyone watched it during the pandemic because its ideal pandemic watching.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Stall_19 posted:

time stops for no one old man

but yeah, columbo resurfaced into meme stadom for a bit.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Columbo hit the free streaming services and retro syndicated TV channels during the pandemic and everyone fell in love with Peter Falk all over again

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Stall_19 posted:

It's a good show, Bront.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

abraham linksys posted:

columbo was, like, the last detective figure anyone knows about. sherlock holmes, poirot, sam spade, columbo, end of list we have had no notable detectives since then

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nobody knows this mans name he's just LA Noire

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

His name is Ken Cosgrove.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's fred fuchs. Stardom Supreme Fight

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 7, 2024

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1744618159498514546 Juria Nagano is graduating TJPW.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
She saw Moka's new outfit and was too embarrassed to wrestle with someone who came up with that design 😔

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

drat, Shinken Kusho were good :(

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

She was always part time so that doesnt surprise me too much. I wonder if she'll continue wrestling

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Duke Pukem posted:

She was always part time so that doesnt surprise me too much. I wonder if she'll continue wrestling

the latest post suggests not

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1744635794302869531

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Oh...that's a shame. I really liked her. I know she was only part time and the injury didn't help but I loved her tag team and she had such a cool gimmick. She was an early highlight when I first started watching.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Her shoot karate training was always cool when it showed through

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Aw I liked Juria... :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Completely tangential, but the Top Ten Active Wrestlers for 2023 Thread is now up and it's a good chance to tell everybody about your favorite wrestlers, and maybe get some new people watching them wrestle!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Arisa Nakajima got pretty badly injured at the SEAd show today but no surgery needed. Scary neck injury that needed a stretcher and ambulance. Will be at the hospital for a while

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

yea ok posted:

Arisa Nakajima got pretty badly injured at the SEAd show today but no surgery needed. Scary neck injury that needed a stretcher and ambulance. Will be at the hospital for a while

gently caress :(

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1745633281373241413?s=46&t=kDGZkcHGQGA7q87WGcQCGQ

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Thank goodness no paralysis

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sounds scary as hell but hope her recovery is swift & full

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I love Stardom but their booking is so odd sometimes.

The New Year Tag Tournament featured eight teams.

Two of the four first-round matches went to 10-minute time limit draws.

The tag champs won their match in 6 minutes.

One team got a bye due to Momo's illness.

Because four teams were eliminated in draws, the team that got a bye advanced to the finals and faced the tag champs.

The tag champs won in 9 minutes.

It's nice that the roster had an easy night, but why even book a tournament if it's going to go like that?

The title matches that have been set up lately look great. Not much has been happening with the High Speed title though, so I hope that division gets some attention soon.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 13, 2024

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

They should book Mei Seira vs Mei Suruga for the high speed title

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I love Stardom but their booking is so odd sometimes.

The New Year Tag Tournament featured eight teams.

Two of the four first-round matches went to 10-minute time limit draws.

The tag champs won their match in 6 minutes.

One team got a bye due to Momo's illness.

Because four teams were eliminated in draws, the team that got a bye advanced to the finals and faced the tag champs.

The tag champs won in 9 minutes.

It's nice that the roster had an easy night, but why even book a tournament if it's going to go like that?

The title matches that have been set up lately look great. Not much has been happening with the High Speed title though, so I hope that division gets some attention soon.

The booking of that is all somewhat logical if you consider they have a small roster and the booking can be timid. Here is how I would have booked it

Let's start with what the booking wanted. Firstly it was to protect the champs, secondly crazy star couldn't get pinned because they are the next challengers, thirdly maika needs to be protected cause she's red belt champion and fourthly I think eye contact probably makes the finals regardless cause they are quite clearly pushing hanan up the card.

First things first get maika out the tournament and Megan can team with an obvious pin eater.

Momo being sick still advances Mayu/hanan to the next round.

Crazy star beat giulia/Mai with Suzu pinning giulia who is leaving and that can be used later.

Gods eye pin whatever jabroni is with the megasus.

AphroditE beat oedo tai but get beaten down after the bell and then they immediately have to wrestle the fresh stars team. Mayu pins utami to go through to the final (saya has a white belt match coming up)

Crazy star beats gods eye.

In the final Crazy star beat mayu/hanan with mei pinning hanan to continue the little feud they have.

So your champs are protected (they lost but they were against a fresh team after evil heels beat them down), crazy star can claim a title match through winning this tournament, Hanan continues just falling short in big matches. Plus if AphroditE retain it gives a potential title match in your back pocket with another mayu/hanan match

I enjoyed the matches but I couldn't help think there was a smarter way to book this

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Can't wait to hear how deranged her theme will be

https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1746009306322129092

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

Can't wait to hear how deranged her theme will be

https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1746009306322129092

Preparing to write a TJPW theme by hooking a microphone to a sampler, drinking three Strong Zeros, and running through an arcade as fast as possible.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Very important tag team news
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1746093405954888173

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Crapple! posted:

:hellyeah:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Crapple! posted:

But it has to be under SEAdLINNNG high speed rules and refereed by Natsuki Taiyo

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The booking of that is all somewhat logical if you consider they have a small roster and the booking can be timid. Here is how I would have booked it

Yeah that all works better for me. You could also have easily subbed someone in for Momo to make it an actual two-round tournament. Stardom does time limit draws better than most places but I don't like the ten-minute time limits as there's less time to build tension and they're obviously used to clear out brackets in these single elimination tournaments.

Crapple! posted:

Yes please. Mei Seira has been great in tag matches and vs. Hanan but her defenses haven't wowed me so far. I think it's been an issue of fit with her opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
According to Dramatic DDT Nodoka Tenma is organising a yearly pro-wrestling show called Gaisenzakura Pro Wrestling