Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

e: the perfect snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Barry is a wiener

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Athantos, make this the TFF background please

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Mahomes also just has a media presence that's inescapable, at least you could forget about Brady when he wasn't playing

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Parallax posted:

Mahomes also just has a media presence that's inescapable, at least you could forget about Brady when he wasn't playing

Yeah, unlike Peyton, who is equally annoying and insufferable

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

MJeff posted:

My primary desire is for the Lions to win a Super Bowl, obviously, but my secondary desire is for Mahomes to win more rings than Brady. So I am always fine with the Chiefs winning again.

You realize that if Mahomes wins more rings than Brady he’s just going to become more hated than Brady, right? And then the whole cycle will begin again. Dominant success breeds contempt

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 9, 2024

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ironic Twist posted:

You realize that if Mahomes wins more rings than Brady he’s just going to become more hated than Brady, right? And then the whole cycle will begin again. Dominant success breeds contempt

I think I it will be worse, because Brady off the field was pretty much invisible. While Mahomes is extremely whiny

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

It might be State Farm specifically that's ruining Mahomes. They sign a guy, film lots of commercials, and absolutely flood the networks with ad buys. It made me sick of Rodgers 10 years ago and now I'm sick of Mahomes.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I can’t imagine hating Mahomes as much as Brady tbh. Mahomes is at least way more fun to watch.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

AndrewP posted:

It might be State Farm specifically that's ruining Mahomes. They sign a guy, film lots of commercials, and absolutely flood the networks with ad buys. It made me sick of Rodgers 10 years ago and now I'm sick of Mahomes.

Yeah insurance ads being overplayed ruin pretty much everyone involved. Andy Reid saying Nuggies is very charming....for the moment

Mahomes is still better in the ads than Rodgers ever was

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I can’t imagine hating Mahomes as much as Brady tbh. Mahomes is at least way more fun to watch.

I think when people say this they must be thinking of Mahomes like 2+ years ago, cause he sure isn't fun to watch now.

A healthy Kelse and an amazing Tyreek made Mahomes fun to watch. Now he's just a fancy checkdown artist with an entourage.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I like watching him play. That's like 5% of our exposure to him, the rest is him hawking insurance

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Mahomes and Reid are worse at playing the villains than Brady and Belichick which makes them more unlikeable.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Andy Reid will never be hated

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

fartknocker posted:

Can’t be, Eli didn’t lose to the Patriots in a Super Bowl :smugdog:

I absolutely memory-holed that game :laffo:

Kalli posted:

Wouldn't that be.... Brady? Mahomes got whipped by Brady in the Superbowl and AFCC.

That's true. May be Brady can pull a Sentry

Rogue Elephant posted:

Best candidate is Joe Flacco

I'm okay with this

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

AndrewP posted:

Andy Reid will never be hated

That’s his problem. He’s too likable for being cast as one of the main villains. It just doesn’t work

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Good point, we need an Eli equivalent for Mahomes. I suspect it's Goff.

Baker Mayfield

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1744508349045997933

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Parallax posted:

What insane person wants mahomes to win more than the patriots. One of the lamest things about Brady was that he was constantly there!

How dare you disrespect Mahomes's future HoF highlight reel like this?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Over / under - 30 days until Jim Harbaugh’s announced as a head coach in the NFL?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kirios posted:

Over / under - 30 days until Jim Harbaugh’s announced as a head coach in the NFL?

Under. I think hes locked up in the next 4 weeks.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kirios posted:

Under

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Under. I think hes locked up in the next 4 weeks.

Don't loving make me wait another month to get disappointed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tom Brady should at least have the dignity to take up off-piste skiing as a hobby

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Defintely under. Won a championship. He defintely will try after failing to do so in the NFL.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
And even then he’d probably stick around until he won three super bowls to stick it to his brother

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think I it will be worse, because Brady off the field was pretty much invisible.

Lol what

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think I it will be worse, because Brady off the field was pretty much invisible. While Mahomes is extremely whiny

What the hell are you talking about

TB12, the commercials, the loving Crypto hawking

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Don’t forget 80 for Brady

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I don't really remember any Tom commercials but if there were ones they sure weren't as on as loving often as those state farm ones are

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I get non stop hertz rental commercials with brady. Absolutely flabbergasted a marketing person thought a tom cruise jumping on the oprah coach bit was a good idea in 2023.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Don't loving make me wait another month to get disappointed

I have to wait for a billionaire in his 50s to either die, or something dumb enough to be forced to sell the team.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Woozie66 posted:

I don’t care about commercials even a tiny bit

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

I have to wait for a billionaire in his 50s to either die, or something dumb enough to be forced to sell the team.

Wait, is Tepper in his 50's? A quick google search says that he's 66

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Woozie66 posted:

All that poo poo was at the tail end of his career. Mahomes got shoved in everyone's faces almost immediately during his first full season starting.

There's definitely enough room to say
gently caress Brady and gently caress Mahomes at the same time though because they're both annoying crybabies

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
So uhhhh… did Black Monday go without any other firings besides Smith & Riveria?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
apparent black monday plot twist: instead of belichick getting fired, he’s staying on, and josh mcdaniels is back baby awooooouu (shithead howl)

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

elime anning posted:

apparent black monday plot twist: instead of belichick getting fired, he’s staying on, and josh mcdaniels is back baby awooooouu (shithead howl)

I wonder if there's some drama behind the scenes where Kraft wants to present the whole thing as a mutual parting of the ways and Belichick's like 'No, you gotta fire me, bitch'. Because that feels like it would be totally in-character for him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ironic Twist posted:

I like him. I think he's incredibly fun to watch and Brady was a boring shithead cheater who was probably a racist. What do I give a poo poo if other people don't like Mahomes because he wins a lot, that's like the coolest thing about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Mahomes is great and fun to watch.

There are several other QBs this year who I'd rather see win a ring though.

As long as it's not Dak (nothing against Dak, but gently caress the cowboys)