Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Accipiter posted:

Which is ridiculous in and of itself because each of the three branches exist as a system of checks and balances against the others.

We all learned that poo poo in elementary school and this fuckhead lawyer doesn't seem to know that.

Yeah, Trump writes the checks, the rest of 'em can balance (on this 🖕!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Failed Imagineer posted:

"Tines" is a useful word, and forks are not footwear

a tinnie in Australia can either be a can of beer or a small aluminum boat. Also not footwear, or fork related really.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Seal Team 6 question is going to be devastating for Trump's case

everyone's really focused on it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Wow. Gottem.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

This from like, the end of 2022. It's nothing new or even recent.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

These are the questions the Founding Fathers spent a lot of long days and nights debating:

Should it be legal for a President to drone bomb a political rival? Seems legit, right?

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
I don't get the 'must be convicted of impeachment' thing. I mean I know they're just grasping at whatever, but...

A) Being removed by impeachment doesn't impose any criminal penalties. It just removes them from office. By their own argument a president would still have immunity for acts they carried out in office. If they're claiming removal via impeachment somehow strips them of immunity for prior acts, that's *completely* made up out of nothing.
B) It also means as long as you have 40 loyalist senators you are absolutely, utterly, above the law and can ignore any part of the constitution, or the rulings of any courts, as much as you like forever. And not only never be removed, but never face consequences for absolutely anything you do while president.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
If you want some Lavern crazy that's a little more timely, enjoy this tweet of hers that describes a conversation that really definitely happened.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

$250k for runner up merch

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Remembering when CHUDs acted like "president elect" was a never before used title, and therefore a deep state plot to make everyone accept the RIGGED AND STOLLEN election so they put "President Elect" in front of their names on Twitter.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

kazil posted:

If Biden doesn't have a drone circling Mar-a-Lago, waiting for this rulings, then what is he even doing?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Love the implication by Trump's side that since something has never happened before, the system is entirely unable to deal with it. No president in the history of presidents has smeared poo poo on the walls of congress, so is it really illegal?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

These are the questions the Founding Fathers spent a lot of long days and nights debating:

Should it be legal for a President to drone bomb a political rival? Seems legit, right?

I mean at that time governments killing their political rivals was a pretty common thing. Although it was mostly monarchy's -at least in Europe- so often political rivals were just family members, but like, they still did often off each other. I'd actually be surprised if the subject didn't come up. Freeing themselves from "tyranny" was a big part of the stated goals after all.

I'm gussing they assumed either they'd be arrested and charged or you'd just have to go about the bother of having a revolution part 2. :shrug:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ice pick lady goes to jail today for 55 month sentence

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
In conclusion, no one had previously slammed two Boeings into the WTC so who’s to say what can be legally pursued here, your honour.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Escape From Noise posted:

Remembering when CHUDs acted like "president elect" was a never before used title, and therefore a deep state plot to make everyone accept the RIGGED AND STOLLEN election so they put "President Elect" in front of their names on Twitter.

A now former friend was all up in arms about that whole president elect thing when Biden was elected, and how it was totally made up and never used before, so I showed him photos of Trump and Obama using it years before.

Of course it didn't make a bit of difference in his view.

I'm sure you can guess why this person is no longer considered a friend.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

jokes posted:

Love the implication by Trump's side that since something has never happened before, the system is entirely unable to deal with it. No president in the history of presidents has smeared poo poo on the walls of congress, so is it really illegal?

Trump's side isn't arguing if it was illegal. The question is just if Trump can be held accountable for the crimes.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Accipiter posted:

A now former friend was all up in arms about that whole president elect thing when Biden was elected, and how it was totally made up and never used before, so I showed him photos of Trump and Obama using it years before.

Of course it didn't make a bit of difference in his view.

That poo poo was fuckin dumb as hell because they just kept insisting it was something new when it's been a thing in the US going back as far as I can fuckin remember. Also it's not an official title or anything, it's a way to differentiate. Jesus!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
You're not supposed to stand on the flag you loving traitor mouse

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Accipiter posted:

If you want some Lavern crazy that's a little more timely, enjoy this tweet of hers that describes a conversation that really definitely happened.

Golly gee, I wonder why she got hung up on :v:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

crazy how all of this is because the Trumpsville FBI decided to reopen an investigation into hillary clinton a week before election day, and then announce that actually they found no wrongdoing because she wasn't aware what she was doing was illegal

then james comey got humiliated and fired by Trump, lol

then that sad sack of poo poo said he didnt think that would affect the election outcome

ACAB

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

That poo poo was fuckin dumb as hell because they just kept insisting it was something new when it's been a thing in the US going back as far as I can fuckin remember. Also it's not an official title or anything, it's a way to differentiate. Jesus!

It's not even unique to the presidency. Senator-elect, Congressman-elect, Governor-elect, Mayor-elect, etc. are all things that are actually things.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

verbal enema posted:

No, I'll stand with the mouse in principle on this one.
You can definitely stand on the flag all you want.
I lined my entire home with american flags just so I can track mud all over them.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

verbal enema posted:

If they didn't want people standing on the flag they shouldn't of made it out of such comfortable material to stand on then.

This is on the flag makers not us!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

POLLS POLLS POLLS!

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Look, no one is arguing that Trump committed crimes, but if they prosecute him for his crimes they can prosecute anyone for any crime!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

dr_rat posted:

If they didn't want people standing on the flag they shouldn't of made it out of such comfortable material to stand on then.

I’m filing a complaint with Betsy Ross right now.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

dr_rat posted:

They dedicated all their R&D to the anti-making GBS threads technology.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

kazil posted:

POLLS POLLS POLLS!

lmao that they cling to these so bad, then cry when they lose

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

meanwhile, things are going great in Congress

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
The entirety of the GOP:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

resident posted:

I was a consistent 49-50s 400m runner in high school. After four years without sprint training and instead focusing on half to full marathon distance, I could still run about a 5 min mile but would have struggled to hold a 57s 400m even though I was by all accounts young and in pretty incredible shape. You can’t just roll off the couch and sprint after you’re no longer a teenager much less keep up with a D1 athlete of any gender.

that's fast as hell

I'm about 6 months into distance training after about 10 years off and I'm just now cracking into sub 8min miles and I'm overjoyed cause I'm faster now than I was in my 20s and can run a half marathon without much drama.

thanks for listening to my running rant.

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 9, 2024

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

kazil posted:

We keep losing our majority bit by bit and this is somehow causing a negative impact on our speaker's ability to control outcomes?

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

kazil posted:

Yeah I saw those stories a few days ago that Biden and senate leadership had agreed to some top-line numbers and thought no loving way the HFC is going to be happy with this just because they got some cuts to the IRS to help their friends cheat on their taxes more.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Also it's not an official title or anything, it's a way to differentiate. Jesus!

Actually, president-elect kinda is. It's not written into the constitution, but there are other federal laws that grant certain privileges to the president-elect to insure a smooth transition. They get an office, funds for hiring staff, access to information, rhat kind of thing. It was a big deal in 2020 that Trump wasn't following the law and letting Biden have the things he was legally entitled to.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Actually, president-elect kinda is. It's not written into the constitution, but there are other federal laws that grant certain privileges to the president-elect to insure a smooth transition. They get an office, funds for hiring staff, access to information, rhat kind of thing. It was a big deal in 2020 that Trump wasn't following the law and letting Biden have the things he was legally entitled to.

Yeah. That's fair. I guess it just drove me nuts that they acted like it was this whole new concept when I remember it being used back as far as I can remember national elections.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Oh god I hope the HFC tries to put in another speaker in an election year. Just another few month or constantly reminding people how dysfunctional those idiots are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/TrumpDailyPosts/status/1743306613497426058