Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

If no one does a thread by tomorrow after tomorrow I will make one.

Would actually be fun to do one for another month this year. Does someone just raise their hand to do so or does someone just do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have a sheet in the rules thread to sign up for a monthxof your choice. I try to make sure every October is a horror movie but that's just my personal choice.

I need to update the form and the current list of sign-ups tho. I'll do that tonight

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
As a reminder I'm letting distortion park claim the Jan thread

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I’m watching Re-Cycle, this Chinese horror movie about a lady who gets sucked into the world of abandoned things. I wasn’t really feeling it to begin with, and then she got to the hallway of aborted fetuses.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

MacheteZombie posted:

He's got 24 hours or I make the thread and its going to be Angst! maybe Cannibal Holocaust!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hollismason posted:

He's got 24 hours or I make the thread and its going to be Angst! maybe Cannibal Holocaust!

So it's a hard no on Mobile Suit Gundam: Reconguista in G: The Movie I: Go! Core Fighter?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
You rascals

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

im already writing one up on avengers age of ultron

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

It's a good thing I'm late checking the thread or you'd all be watching Bikini Girls vs Dinosaurs (2014).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I for one was being serious. There's something you guys need to learn

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Gripweed posted:

Anime Eratosthenes?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Anime Eratosthenes?

When she says that she's fighting someone in space, they can all see the earth isn't literally square. She's speaking metaphorically. That metaphor baffled the person she's fighting, and a good chunk of the viewing audience at the time

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Bright Bart posted:

Autistic? People close to me have recommended I get tested (specifically for Asperger's when that was a distinct diagnosis) but the joke is on them: I have, several times, since I was in elementary school. And the result is that I have papers to show I'm not which I can bring out when the topic comes up (which I admit is an extremely suspicious thing to do).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWc8JKVm28E

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

oh btw I did not finish Re-Cycle. The lady is getting led around the world of abandoned things by this little girl, so as soon as the hall of aborted fetuses was introduced I was just like, "oh come on please don't" and then yup it turns out that was what the movie was about.

Re-Cycle and Yakuza Weapon, two fuckin duds in a row, this sucks. And these weren't total blind buys either, Yakuza Weapon starred Tak Sakaguchi, the star of Versus, so that could have been good. And Re-Cycle was by the Pang Brothers, who did The Eye which I really liked! But no, I trusted them all and they all let me down.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Having never read the forum rules before, I sympathize but it's hilarious that ya'll had to codify that people shouldn't be posting that they jacked off to a movie they just watched. The poor soul(s?) who just needed to shout it from the mountain that they got off to the Dark Knight, RIP.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Having never read the forum rules before, I sympathize but it's hilarious that ya'll had to codify that people shouldn't be posting that they jacked off to a movie they just watched. The poor soul(s?) who just needed to shout it from the mountain that they got off to the Dark Knight, RIP.

Like if it was Rises I get it given I'm pretty sure it has a LOT more Christian Bale running around yoked with his shirt off.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jacking off to a film is passé, edging is where it's at.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just caught The Untouchables as part of a Morricone retrospective. Woof. I did not like that. Corny schmaltzy comic-book-rear end movie. Awful script full of contrivance after contrivance. Morricone's score was great but way too heavy-handed, just like the rest of the film. Extremely prettily shot, but ruined by an extreme amount of DNR. Not a speck of grain on that sucker, and a few scenes with plastic faces.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

You guys hear about that guy who got stuck in a urn?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

feedmyleg posted:

Just caught The Untouchables as part of a Morricone retrospective. Woof. I did not like that. Corny schmaltzy comic-book-rear end movie. Awful script full of contrivance after contrivance. Morricone's score was great but way too heavy-handed, just like the rest of the film. Extremely prettily shot, but ruined by an extreme amount of DNR. Not a speck of grain on that sucker, and a few scenes with plastic faces.

The baby stroller scene actually made me laugh

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

There was a thread for shameful movie confessions, which I think was supposed to be stuff like "I find Pulp Fiction boring"but people kept posting what they watched on HBO as a teenager late at night.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m not sure how that relates. Pulp fiction is very unsexy lol

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Untouchables rocks. It’s hilarious how they chose to end it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Gripweed posted:

Um actually the Savages established that the world is indeed square over 50 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o12efkhAXjE

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

Motm thread here! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4051425&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post537043107

e: lol forgot to pick a tag, oh well.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I got you. Thanks again

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I was just informed that the young girl who can talk to Gamera in the 90s movies is Steven Seagal’s daughter, and I need to go lie down.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I was just informed that the young girl who can talk to Gamera in the 90s movies is Steven Seagal’s daughter, and I need to go lie down.

you and me both

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Anybody see any good movies lately?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

No! I'm having terrible luck with movies lately.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I had a good time with NIGHT SWIM.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

new or repertory

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The most recent movie I saw was The Boy and the Heron. I would rank it lower in comparison to the other Miyazaki movies I've seen but it gave me a lot to think about. There are several ways to read the film that all feel like compelling arguments and it's been really interesting to see what people take away from it.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Been on a Connery kick, The Man Who Would Be King and The Name of the Rose. Already posted about the former, but the later was a lot of fun too. Sherlock Holmes but monks set in a spectacular cathedral and lit brilliantly. Murder mystery is actually solid too. Was what I was expecting Witness to be before that one took a midway hour break to become a romance drama (not that that's a bad thing). Something in the water in 1985 about religious sects and murder.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Sects and murder always puts butts in seats

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

I saw a weird movie from 1993 last night called Flesh and Bone that I'm still trying to process.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I watched the first half of Vertigo (1958), gonna be honest, i like it so far

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Been on a Connery kick, The Man Who Would Be King and The Name of the Rose. Already posted about the former, but the later was a lot of fun too. Sherlock Holmes but monks set in a spectacular cathedral and lit brilliantly. Murder mystery is actually solid too. Was what I was expecting Witness to be before that one took a midway hour break to become a romance drama (not that that's a bad thing). Something in the water in 1985 about religious sects and murder.

Definitely check out the novel by Umberto Eco if you haven’t.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

new or repertory

Whatever you got, it's all the same poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i watched Under the Cherry Moon (in the theater on 35mm) and Sign o' The Times (on Tubi), both were sick. i'm fully on the Under the Cherry Moon Critical Reevaluation Squad.