Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I used Chong for a very long time because he was one of two of my cryo choices for a long time, and I heavily dislike kaeya

Didn't even know Chong was bad until like a year later lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004

Note Block posted:

Also it's neat seeing 2 national leaders doing national leadership things even for a moment.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Meowywitch posted:

I used Chong for a very long time because he was one of two of my cryo choices for a long time, and I heavily dislike kaeya

I like Kaeya for his completely nonsensical connection to Khaenri'ah which feels like it's left over from an earlier draft of the game's story.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Meowywitch posted:

Didn't even know Chong was bad until like a year later lol

I thought Chongyun isn't bad bad he's just extremely no frills so there isn't really any reason to use him once more elaborate Cryo DPS characters were released.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I like Kaeya for his completely nonsensical connection to Khaenri'ah which feels like it's left over from an earlier draft of the game's story.

That didn't feel like an asspull to me, just something that might've come up in like the manga first, much like Collei's whole backstory

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Collei's Bodycount

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Diluc's Delusion. I hope he never makes a habit of using it :ohdear:

I like Kaeya and hope he gets to be more important later.

I refuse to acknowledge Ayato as an Otto expy, didn't even know there was a connection until just now. Although honestly between Otto being the main villain for most of HI3 and Luocha being up to something I suppose it doesn't matter too much because I'd rather Genshin get it's own worthwhile villain than another Otto.

I mean it'll probably get neither anyways.
(I would not say no to another Otto, though. Moriarity was such a breath of fresh air in the latest HI3 arc.)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shinji2015 posted:

That didn't feel like an asspull to me, just something that might've come up in like the manga first, much like Collei's whole backstory

No I mean there's a weird backstory about his dad being a spy for Khaenri'ah which doesn't make a lot of sense given what else we know of what happened.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Goddamn Meripode sucks rear end. Repetitive, boring, seemingly pointless - and it's big and elaborate enough that I'm betting I don't get to burn it all down.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Not enough loving warp points neither :argh:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I feel like I’m never going to finish the Fontaine archon quests because of Meripide. Or that if I did it that I would end up quitting again, which might be the more probable thing since whenever I feel like I’m not having fun I just uninstall and then come back like six months later. It’s a shame because I really liked act 1 and 2 but I literally haven’t heard one positive thing about Meropide and it sounds like it has exactly all the bullshit I don’t like.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Dense multi-layer enclosed vertical spaces are always a pain in the rear end to navigate, since the map doesn't do verticality well. It's annoying to figure out/remember which waypoint is on what layer and closest to where you're trying to go. Meripode is a great example of how irritating it can get.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Note Block posted:

GOD DAMMIT

Also would love for them to meet Enjou (Patrick Seitz)

I just want more enjou in general tbh

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Leraika posted:

I just want more enjou in general tbh

Many people are saying

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

rio posted:

I feel like I’m never going to finish the Fontaine archon quests because of Meripide. Or that if I did it that I would end up quitting again, which might be the more probable thing since whenever I feel like I’m not having fun I just uninstall and then come back like six months later. It’s a shame because I really liked act 1 and 2 but I literally haven’t heard one positive thing about Meropide and it sounds like it has exactly all the bullshit I don’t like.

I finished it recently and the Meropide portion took about a day while I was reading all the text. What frustrated me was getting blocked from continuing the archon quest further on by the "A Certain Notice" quest chain.

The good news is you can just go fight Fontaine world boss before finishing the archon quest to start farming up the weekly drops. That freed me up to largely take my time with the archon quest as I really liked this set of archon quests even when the Meropide portion started to drag.

Fighting the world boss early is a bit spoilery, but rushing through the archon quest takes away from the enjoyment of it.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Meowywitch posted:

He seems dull to me
He's a low-key sadist with the face of an angel, playing long-con 7D chess with the Inazuma VIPs while obnoxiously slurping on the boba tea he hides up his sleeve and tricking Thoma into eating gross things. I-I love him. :allears:

...Funny, his boba tea slurping doesn't bother me, but Beidou's "glug-glug-glug-ahhhhh" idle line triggers my misophonia hard. So do the sounds she makes while climbing -- she sounds like she's repeatedly clearing her throat. The worst!

Everett False posted:

However I do assemble teams based entirely on vibes and my commitment to the bit so most of them are bad anyway. They are optimized for gently caress all. My teams based on who's invited to the cookout versus who's at Dennys at 2am will continue to not thrive and I refuse to change. I'm still deciding which of my bad teams I'm willing to sacrifice to build a team themed around chronic illness.
This is the way. Eagerly awaiting the days I acquire Zhongli and Alhaitham, just so I can throw them on a team with Neuvillette and Xingqiu = Teyvat's Pub Quiz All-Time Champions.

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

sushibandit posted:

Dense multi-layer enclosed vertical spaces are always a pain in the rear end to navigate, since the map doesn't do verticality well. It's annoying to figure out/remember which waypoint is on what layer and closest to where you're trying to go. Meripode is a great example of how irritating it can get.

The vertical map (or lack there of in Sumuru) got me to quit back around when Star Rail came out. Being able to toggle between the layers is such a huge quality of life improvement, and got me to stick around when I got curious about seeing Fontaine.

I hope they further improve it by giving us Metroid prime style 3D maps. Especially if they plan on doing more zones like Meropide.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

rio posted:

It’s a shame because I really liked act 1 and 2 but I literally haven’t heard one positive thing about Meropide and it sounds like it has exactly all the bullshit I don’t like.

The entire prison chain is loving awful and completely irrelevant outside of the closing cutscene, so... basically par for the Genshin quest story design. If you use a controller you can macro mashing the button to skip text and just engage with the "run 20 feet to talk to next random NPC" sections to make it doable while you do something else.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Mailer posted:

The entire prison chain is loving awful and completely irrelevant outside of the closing cutscene, so... basically par for the Genshin quest story design. If you use a controller you can macro mashing the button to skip text and just engage with the "run 20 feet to talk to next random NPC" sections to make it doable while you do something else.

I'll drop this link again for PC users: https://github.com/DigitalE4rth/AuroraDialogEnhancer

It's great.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

AFAIK genshin uses a ring0 anti-cheat so you could theoretically get banned for using anything that hooks into its executable, like that link. Probably a very small chance, but hey, that's a small chance to lose X$ where X has a variable number of zeroes depending on your level of addiction.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

sushibandit posted:

AFAIK genshin uses a ring0 anti-cheat so you could theoretically get banned for using anything that hooks into its executable, like that link. Probably a very small chance, but hey, that's a small chance to lose X$ where X has a variable number of zeroes depending on your level of addiction.

According to the developer, it doesn't do anything bannable. This is in the readme for the repo:

quote:

[the plugin for] Genshin Impact uses on-screen image processing. Therefore, for this game it is absolutely (99.9%) safe. Can you get banned in a game for taking a screenshot? No. The developer has been using and testing this application for over a year. He gives you his quality assurance - everything possible was done for it to be legal, not violating game's license agreement.

There's even another section that can be expanded that gives more detail about how it works specifically for Genshin. The TLDR is - takes screenshots and determines where to place your mouse / pass keyboard commands / etc. Not modifying anything at runtime.

I think with doing anything ever there's always a risk, but this one seems pretty non-existent. I also haven't spent thousands on the game, so the risk is low for me there too, if I did lose the account.

All that said, I have no idea! I'm not sure if there's something specific in that codebase that you (or someone else) feels does actually violate the ToS, but at least the developer feels they've made sure it's not.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I still wouldn't risk it to automate anything but it would be pretty sweet to have an addon that moved elemental vision to anything other than pressing the scroll wheel. idk why you can't unbind that but I'd prefer to just have it on my mouse's side buttons that also go unused

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tampa Bae posted:

I still wouldn't risk it to automate anything but it would be pretty sweet to have an addon that moved elemental vision to anything other than pressing the scroll wheel. idk why you can't unbind that but I'd prefer to just have it on my mouse's side buttons that also go unused

Once you get your reputation quests for Mondstadt and Liyue done, you never use it. (thank God)

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Once you get your reputation quests for Mondstadt and Liyue done, you never use it. (thank God)
I don't even mind the mechanic but mihoyo picks some weird hills to die on and not letting you rebind this one skill is a weird one

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
you should be able to rebind it and even more importantly it should be a toggle that you can leave on while walking around

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

to this day I still use elemental vision to track down Seelies :shrug:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Excelzior posted:

to this day I still use elemental vision to track down Seelies :shrug:
Yeah it has plenty of uses outside of quests, I use it to find chests and specialties too that I know are around but can't find when they're under or behind bushes. It's completely fine as a mechanic but I hate using it because tying it directly to the mouse wheel feels so clunky

I think I remember at one point getting around this in another game by re-mapping my side mouse button as backspace system-wide so maybe it's in the razer app somewhere

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
It FINALLY happened.

1198 days, and I finally got my very first Qiqi.

I have c6 Jean and c6 Diluc. But I finally got my first Qiqi.

Oh, and c2 Raiden. And Engulfing Lightning.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://meccha-japan.com/en/figures/125326-figure-fischl-genshin-impact.html

A very rare figure for Genshin. This time its Fischl. Roughly 270 USD+S&H

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Not learning from the Klee incident and tried rolling for the new 4*

Got her on the first 10 pull okay cool stopping there then.

Her constellations don’t seem particularly cool until you get to C4/C6 and I’ve got c6 Bennett and Sara so happy with C0.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Kale posted:

https://meccha-japan.com/en/figures/125326-figure-fischl-genshin-impact.html

A very rare figure for Genshin. This time its Fischl. Roughly 270 USD+S&H

I have every Genshin figure and I decided not to pre-order this since I feel like it will go down in the aftermarket. It's currently up for pre-order for about 190 usd on Amiami before shipping, which is a lot for a 1/7 scale. The Kotobukiya twins are about 110 a pop and the other Genshin figures are all less expensive, sans Ningguang who has a whole backdrop base and huge wooden box.

Genshin figures for those curious:
Fischl (not yet released)
Ayaka (not yet released)
Ninnguang
Barbara
Keqing
Ganyu
Klee
Xiao
Paimon
Mona
Mona (posable)
Lumine
Lumine (nendoroid)
Aether
Aether (nendoroid)
Venti (nendoroid)
Qiqi (posable)
Hilichurl (posable)
Statue of Her Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, God of Thunder

Note Block fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 9, 2024

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Note Block posted:

I have every Genshin figure and I decided not to pre-order this since I feel like it will go down in the aftermarket. It's currently up for pre-order for about 190 usd on Amiami before shipping, which is a lot for a 1/7 scale. The Kotobukiya twins are about 110 a pop and the other Genshin figures are all less expensive, sans Ningguang who has a whole backdrop base and huge wooden box.

The Ning statue coming in a gigantic handmade wooden crate is still so funny. You're paying a noninsignificant amount of shipping for the box.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

mycot posted:

The Ning statue coming in a gigantic handmade wooden crate is still so funny. You're paying a noninsignificant amount of shipping for the box.

YEAH. While it is a very pretty box and not cheaply made at all, the thing is loving massive and it cost as much to ship as the price of the "figure" itself. Ninnguang is certainly a luxury alright....

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
If there's ever a Nahida figure I want it to be her on her little swing chair, and for the base to be removeable and the top of the swing chains to be hook shaped so I can hang her off random stuff.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Ayato is the stereotypical Crane prettyboy in Legend of the Five Rings and his character quest was my favorite of Genshin's whole "chessmaster has already solved the mystery a hundred moves ago but has you run around, for Reasons" collection

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Was sitting at 18 pity, on a 50/50, so I threw a 10 pull at the Raiden banner hoping for Chevy. Got....C1 Raiden at roll number 20, plus a Dori, Ning, and the last Sara I needed. Where was this luck when I was pulling for Furina?!

Edit: Jesus gently caress, 2 singles and now C2 loving Raiden. I run EM Raiden, what do I do with this???

Space Opera fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 10, 2024

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Rejoice that your EM Raiden can also be good at aggravate now. Disgusting luck, congrats.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I'll be back to losing all my 50/50s and sinking 80 rolls per 5* for the next two years for this luck

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
If there's ever a Furina figure, it better include her little Salon Solitaire pals, or I riot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I've got enough rolls to hit hard pity but I'm still on a 50/50 and the Nahida is probably way more important than a Raiden and Bennett C5/6. Don't have a Kuki and my Beidou and Fischl are at low con but it's whatever, at the rate I'm playing I'll probably still be in Fontaine by the time Raiden re-runs