Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

elime anning posted:

apparent black monday plot twist: instead of belichick getting fired, he’s staying on, and josh mcdaniels is back baby awooooouu (shithead howl)

There's some rumors that McDaniels will be back but as HC (:gonk:). Vrabel is another rumor (:geno:). A part of me wants Jarod Mayo to get it but that's because I want more black head coaches in the league.

Black Lighter posted:

I wonder if there's some drama behind the scenes where Kraft wants to present the whole thing as a mutual parting of the ways and Belichick's like 'No, you gotta fire me, bitch'. Because that feels like it would be totally in-character for him.

Belichick is still under contract (as he was clear to point out in his press conference yesterday) so my theory is Kraft is seeing who wants to trade for Bill. Why fire him when you could get a draft pick or some other compensation from another team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Now he's just a fancy checkdown artist with an entourage.

Tom Brady?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Patrick Mahomes is in the bottom quartile for air yards per attempt and has been been declining for like three straight years in a row. By the end of next season he'll only throw passes behind the LOS.

Black Lighter posted:

I wonder if there's some drama behind the scenes where Kraft wants to present the whole thing as a mutual parting of the ways and Belichick's like 'No, you gotta fire me, bitch'. Because that feels like it would be totally in-character for him.

Belichick clearly doesn't want to be fired and is probably trying to convince Kraft of a way forward.

MJeff posted:

I like him. I think he's incredibly fun to watch and Brady was a boring shithead cheater who was probably a racist.

what the gently caress is this bullshit, get the gently caress out

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 9, 2024

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Just aw shucks maga hat don't know how that got there

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oh right, they haven't spoken in years. Sorry. :jerkbag:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Patrick Mahomes is in the bottom quartile for air yards per attempt and has been been declining for like three straight years in a row. By the end of next season he'll only throw passes behind the LOS.

Last year Mahomes was 2nd in the league in adjusted yards per attempt. higher than Brady's career avg. What the gently caress is air yards per attempt, who cares about that? Gardner Minshew and Jameis Winston lead the league in that last year, so I'm okay with Mahomes being in the "bottom quartile", you loving dweeb

Nov 6, 2002

It is how far the ball travels in the air, I hope this helps.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
traveled far enough to get the job done, retard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Pron on VHS posted:

traveled far enough to get the job done, retard

Calm down and don't throw slurs around

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
*tugs collar, makes large GULP noise, moves a couple seats down from Pron on VHS*

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
yeah yeah, I apologize, but am I wrong?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mahomes lovers having a normal one

Nov 6, 2002

Pron on VHS posted:

Pat has slowly turned into a dink and dunker out of necessity. It's not a crime, it's just what he has to work with currently.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

its cool and good when QBs chuck the ball in the air downfield

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Pron on VHS posted:

Yes. Aesthetically it’s very different to throw deep vs making correct passes that get lots of yards after the catch. If we are discussing whether or not Mahomes is “fun” it is relevant that many people prefer the former to the latter.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Brady dinked & dunked his way to his first 3 Super Bowls.

Mahomes is just getting ahead of the curve.

Nov 6, 2002

If you've got a good defense, and you can score points and limit turn overs by dinking and dunking, well... that's a pretty good way to win. Seems like that's how the Chiefs have been doing it this year. It's not like some kind of black stain. I'm sure if they can ever find some better receivers that can catch Mahomes will start stretching the field again. Rice coming on down the stretch and becoming the actual WR1 will probably help next season.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Chiefs have always had a lot of dink and dunk, screens, etc. It's great when you have space because the defense is terrified of getting owned downfield. Defenses are not terrified this year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would also like Patrick Mahomes to not win another ring any time soon because that's boring and Chiefs fans don't deserve that much happiness. I'd also like Josh Allen and Tua to not win because gently caress all other AFCe teams.

Lamar is cool and good.
CJ Stroud is cool and good.
Flacco is cool but the Browns are not. That's a no go.
lol Steelers
Purdy is cool and good. Shanahan is awesome.
gently caress the Cowboys
Goff isn't cool but the Lions are.
Never really cared for Baker. Don't like Bowles.
Eagles can gargle balls.
Rams just won. No thanks.
lol Packers

So we have Baltimore and Houston as ring worthy in the AFC and SF and Detroit in the NFC.

Nov 6, 2002

What's the beef with Goff? Seems like a pretty vanilla dude.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

Chiefs have always had a lot of dink and dunk, screens, etc. It's great when you have space because the defense is terrified of getting owned downfield. Defenses are not terrified this year.

I see why the Chiefs bought into MVS on a certain level (I thought it was a terrible idea all along but whatever). Dude does get open fairly regularly downfield, he's honestly pretty good or at least ok at that. And yeah, you need someone to stretch the field. Then the problems happen.

It still wouldn't be a good season for him but without thinking very hard I can come up with about 250 yards he left on the field because of the obvious drops, running into coverage after he had it beat instead of away from it, etc. A frustrating player to watch to say the least.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

He's from Marin.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He's just there. Goff isn't the reason to root for the Lions winning a ring; the Lions as a whole are.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Goffus and Goffant. One deserves a ring and the other one lost one.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Goff is probably the most boring guy on a team with a LOT of personality, which makes him stand out in his own, funny way.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

MJeff posted:

Goff is probably the most boring guy on a team with a LOT of personality, which makes him stand out in his own, funny way.

Goff is the alpha and the omega, he is both the most and least important lion. You can never know his position until you observe him, thus changing the outcome.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Advanced stat talk is my favorite stat talk.

Actually your find that per Adjusted Average Expected Ground and Air Yards Per Attempt Deliniated Per Game Average that Daniel Jones is actually a good quarterback and Tom Brady kind of sucks.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I am good with Baker’s evolution into the next Ryan Fitzpatrick. There’s much worse guys to root for. But with the Bucs having just recently won one they’re pretty far down the list of teams I’m pulling for

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Scipiotik posted:

Goff is the alpha and the omega, he is both the most and least important lion. You can never know his position until you observe him, thus changing the outcome.

A good summary of Gofftum mechanics.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I want the Lions to do well so I have an excuse to say Jared Goof more.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

There’s nothing particularly advanced about Air Yards, it’s just how much do you throw downfield? How deep are your targets? An extreme in either direction is probably not ideal

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hey, here's a new thing NFL's putting on highlights that sucks poo poo:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1744765987894006193

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Really feels like all the money in crypto two years ago is now in sports betting. NFL getting their cut. Same as it ever was.

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Advanced stat talk is my favorite stat talk.

Actually your find that per Adjusted Average Expected Ground and Air Yards Per Attempt Deliniated Per Game Average that Daniel Jones is actually a good quarterback and Tom Brady kind of sucks.

I checked the Strawman Argument Quotient and buddy you’re topping the charts

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kalli posted:

Hey, here's a new thing NFL's putting on highlights that sucks poo poo:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1744765987894006193

But they'll suspend players for a year for even looking at the fanduel app

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Goff beating McVay/Stafford at least would be cool

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1744773924599038342

Nov 6, 2002

Vrabel fired.

Saleh safe.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Wow, the Titans are dumb as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse