Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

I want a Piss Tape Is Real hat

Trump Thread Is Getting Moved To CCCC hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

KirbyKhan posted:

I want a Piss Tape Is Real hat

Of course you do. You are a goblin.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

There are more people who post outside of the trump thread than do at this point. You can tell when the trump posters ooze out into other threads.

There is a lot of lurkers who read the trump (and musk) threads for some reason.

Those lurkers also read the gbs, d&d, and yospos trump and musk threads. Idk why. They all post the same poo poo.

my favorite are the guys who post in all 4 musk threads and when the cspam and gbs ones were swapped still got mad about it for some reason

copy
Jul 26, 2007

gotta keep abreast of all the latest news. staying informed is a duty, as you know.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

speng31b posted:

my favorite are the guys who post in all 4 musk threads and when the cspam and gbs ones were swapped still got mad about it for some reason

Some of them post those posts on x.com too. They are diseased.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Elmo 😂

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

There are more people who post outside of the trump thread than do at this point. You can tell when the trump posters ooze out into other threads.

There is a lot of lurkers who read the trump (and musk) threads for some reason.

Those lurkers also read the gbs, d&d, and yospos trump and musk threads. Idk why. They all post the same poo poo.

people using it as a rss feed to get trump and musk news asap, I guess

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

speng31b posted:

i think at the time it was conceived / created the trump thread was probably pretty close to being that. since 2016-2020 batshit electoralism stuff died down more of cspam emerged and the trump thread receded

go read the op of the book thread again, it's just a bunch of jacking off about trump thread posters and idiotic catchphrases

speng31b
May 8, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

go read the op of the book thread again

will not be doing this, thank you

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a fun thing that happens in some reports is people from other forums will report users for "cspam posting" or some such, and then i can look at that persons post history and see like no or minimal cspam activity. bad posting can come from everywhere... this is not the sole repository.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

a fun thing that happens in some reports is people from other forums will report users for "cspam posting" or some such, and then i can look at that persons post history and see like no or minimal cspam activity. bad posting can come from everywhere... this is not the sole repository.

Lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

from the recent SAD activity it seems that some people believe all politics posting everywhere on the site to be essentially a cspam problem...and yet the remedy they propose is closing cspam... curious. i wonder what they think would happen if the unironic politics containment zone was no longer available to contain such things...

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
they're right

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

speng31b posted:

from the recent SAD activity it seems that some people believe all politics posting everywhere on the site to be essentially a cspam problem...and yet the remedy they propose is closing cspam... curious. i wonder what they think would happen if the unironic politics containment zone was no longer available to contain such things...

instead of having fun in the afc south thread i will be screaming about ukraine

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
People just like being bullies. Nobody likes being out-bullied. Instead of sharpening their bully craft they'll just murder (actionable and direct) any form of posting they are weak at.

Pathetic

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Of course you do. You are a goblin.

It's a good hat hoot

Also if anyone has an opinion on a thread or other posters that isn't "it doesn't matter" they should probably be put under some sort of observation for safety.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

KirbyKhan posted:

People just like being bullies. Nobody likes being out-bullied. Instead of sharpening their bully craft they'll just murder (actionable and direct) any form of posting they are weak at.

Pathetic

valid playstyle

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

speng31b posted:

Now that I've started posting more and reading other forums I really don't see a lot of other cspam posters posting outside of cspam.

The people those posters seem angry at are gbs/pyf types.

People love to hate read cspam.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Now that I've started posting more and reading other forums I really don't see a lot of other cspam posters posting outside of cspam.

They're saying Elon Musk is "ftw"! when he is anything but!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the last guy who tried to clean house in cspam blew his head off

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The "no politics" crowd are reaching apotheosis. They are getting angry at people talking about themes or stories of culture those people consume.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

speaking of pyf i thought the probation that guy got for calling out the pinochet bro that the pyf mod had to mea culpa like 1 page later was pretty funny

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

i post in the other spots on the forums about my hobbies: games, art, and posting in that order. cspam is the most powerful place to post about posting, for some reason

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

valid playstyle

Wrong. I saw the same happen in mmo balance. People who reach the pinnacle of their in-game power so they go and grind the forums to secure class and item buffs on the next balance patch. It produces a weak and hollow forums warrior.

Mr Hootington posted:

Notice it is the gbs/pyf types who deflect all vagaries to cspam.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

oh the cspam book talk reminded me of something funny. this guy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So, why are objectively literally literally genocide-denying fascist nazi threads still here? Asking as a human being. Like why is not Russian genocidal imperialist colonialism treated the same as American ditto?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

is also

3D Megadoodoo posted:

They did?

e: I mean I got mine. I also read it. (I bought and read "The Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters", too. That was way worse.) When I die whoever inherits my library is going to groan out loud a lot.

a book purchaser

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

speng31b posted:

speaking of pyf i thought the probation that guy got for calling out the pinochet bro that the pyf mod had to mea culpa like 1 page later was pretty funny

Oh yeah. Them deflecting by posters saying "is it because he is chilean?" Was :discourse: coming from some of them.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

is also

a book purchaser

lol

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Can someone please give me 30 days off because thr Finnpol IK thinks nurses should not have the right to unionize and I want to post at them which is not worth it. TIA.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

We are all clowns

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

by that username very obviously a trump thread guy who rebranded

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

is also

a book purchaser

So many minds shattered

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

KirbyKhan posted:

Wrong. I saw the same happen in mmo balance. People who reach the pinnacle of their in-game power so they go and grind the forums to secure class and item buffs on the next balance patch. It produces a weak and hollow forums warrior.

Notice it is the gbs/pyf types who deflect all vagaries to cspam.

its part of the game. adapt or adopt

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

instead of having fun in the afc south thread i will be screaming about ukraine

update to this since i just saw that the colts owner has a respiratory illness and is in the hospital. i shall be screaming about vaccines.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I also enjoy that Fluff "I HATE POLITICS POSTING IN ALL ITS FORMS" daddy's apparent opinion of the Trump thread is "eh, it's fine".

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

docbeard posted:

I also enjoy that Fluff "I HATE POLITICS POSTING IN ALL ITS FORMS" daddy's apparent opinion of the Trump thread is "eh, it's fine".

He reads it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lobster shirt posted:

is also

a book purchaser

that guy is a finnish yosposter btw

speng31b
May 8, 2010

docbeard posted:

i believe him when he says he doesnt care and just wants to minimize the extent to which he's roped in to deal with it

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

has anyone said these people have ttds, trump thread derangement syndrome?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh yeah. Them deflecting by posters saying "is it because he is chilean?" Was :discourse: coming from some of them.

I thought I was going crazy when they posted "yeah sure my meemaw and pop pop were so sad, but that's nothing to do with me" in response like what? I got the reading comprehension to figure dudes like whoever their elders like... but I don't fight in that arena or do internet anthropology. I just read words and know when things are true.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

speng31b posted:

i believe him when he says he doesnt care and just wants to minimize the extent to which he's roped in to deal with it

he could try appointing mods to cspam who read cspam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Al! posted:

he could try appointing mods to cspam who read cspam

reading cspam is fun