Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Someone complained about how the evil CSPAM politics posters ruined trad games, a hobby that has never ever before had to deal with the stupidest political brain possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

speng31b posted:

i believe him when he says he doesnt care and just wants to minimize the extent to which he's roped in to deal with it
it sounds like he deals with enough threatening emails as it is

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

its part of the game. adapt or adopt

True, I did a PYF Jihad on one of the threads back whenever. It was very lonely jihad, but I achieved victory and the death of my enemies, and all I had to do was nothing.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

reading cspam is fun

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

the last guy who tried to clean house in cspam blew his head off

In This Update I Murder My Fiancee and Unborn Child

the signs were all there

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

speng31b posted:

i believe him when he says he doesnt care and just wants to minimize the extent to which he's roped in to deal with it

he could quit, then he would have to deal with nothing related to the forums

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Al! posted:

he could try appointing mods to cspam who read cspam

:eyepop:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Someone complained about how the evil CSPAM politics posters ruined trad games, a hobby that has never ever before had to deal with the stupidest political brain possible.

Sure is a wild take since those sorts of folks were posting in trad games before cspam existed

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

KirbyKhan posted:

True, I did a PYF Jihad on one of the threads back whenever. It was very lonely jihad, but I achieved victory and the death of my enemies, and all I had to do was nothing.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Gumball Gumption posted:

lol I really didnt understand that. were they referring to Zak S?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

my favorite thing is whenever one of these goofballs manages to get over themselves and start posting in here the vast majority are like wait this is what all the fuss is over

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
i'll always remember some dude posting his banal opinion on a tv show in TV IV and a regular going "begone z-spammer" lol.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Srice posted:

Sure is a wild take since those sorts of folks were posting in trad games before cspam existed

spouting nazi poo poo is just tabletop games culture and saying the nazi poo poo is bad is politics

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

lobster shirt posted:

Putting user's activity on hold pending moderator assessment of user-reported developments. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

:confused:

probation reason has been updated to this
Posting break at user's request. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

they also sent in a promo for tonights SAW show so they are doing ok

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

my favorite thing is whenever one of these goofballs manages to get over themselves and start posting in here the vast majority are like wait this is what all the fuss is over

cspam is a (relatively) calmer place than many subforums so if someone is used to like, the tone of gbs or some of the more toxic games threads, they probably imagined something obnoxiously terrible

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Al! posted:

spouting nazi poo poo is just tabletop games culture and saying the nazi poo poo is bad is politics

:hai:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
lmao whats the deal with that seattle guy

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Buck Wildman posted:

:same:

But watch them same cowards keep empty quoting the CSPAM MUST BE DELETED bit. Takes real courage to post that you like CSPAM.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al! posted:

Al! posted:

seattle guy

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

a fun thing that happens in some reports is people from other forums will report users for "cspam posting" or some such, and then i can look at that persons post history and see like no or minimal cspam activity. bad posting can come from everywhere... this is not the sole repository.

Gotta be the pyf meme thread

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

whoa

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
cap hill

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I'm going to have sex with numbers guy inside of his rear end in a top hat

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

speng31b posted:

speaking of pyf i thought the probation that guy got for calling out the pinochet bro that the pyf mod had to mea culpa like 1 page later was pretty funny

I was surprised it took that long for someone to do it lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
pinochet was just a big fan of helicopters ok

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

lol I really kicked the retarded beehive here didn't I? good. I'm enjoying being told how to post here by virtue signaling dorks, as if the founder of this site wasn't some midwest chud that blew his loving head off while high on painkillers :protarget: get with the program people, be more like Lowtax

Hell been some real good posts lately

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hoo boy that's a spicy meatball of hate and anger

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

2024 is going to bring the forums together

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

bleak gremlin indeed

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Yep.

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Poppers posted:

I'm going to have sex with numbers guy inside of his rear end in a top hat

Yep.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

where's the lie

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

for some reason this reminded me of a time where some weirdo dnd podcast guy was posting here (i think the one who got an australian court to make anoyher tradgames poster write an apology post for calling him a sex predator or something) and he showed this tattoo on his arm of his girlfriend's preexisting conditions and it was like IBS and poo poo and another poster replied saying he'd done that too and a picture of his arm with "butt porblems" written on it in sharpie

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

copy posted:

for some reason this reminded me of a time where some weirdo dnd podcast guy was posting here (i think the one who got an australian court to make anoyher tradgames poster write an apology post for calling him a sex predator or something) and he showed this tattoo on his arm of his girlfriend's preexisting conditions and it was like IBS and poo poo and another poster replied saying he'd done that too and a picture of his arm with "butt porblems" written on it in sharpie

lmao

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lmfao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

copy posted:

tattoo on his arm of his girlfriend's preexisting conditions

what?

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

lmao. free him