Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

It's possible for the rules to be dumb and the Saints for being assholes for playing by them.

It's a lovely prisoners dilemma set up by dumb rules. That doesn't mean the guy that mashes the betray button isn't an rear end in a top hat that should be called out.

Both sides accept the knee, cool, everyone goes home safe. This happens a billion times a season, so the system works, everyone knows it, don't gently caress around and everyone is happy.

Both sides say gently caress it, you get a play that probably looks real dumb as 22 people smash into each other at increased injury risk.

Offense plays and defense takes the knee, someone gets embarassed/a dlineman takes an unnecessary unprotected shot.

Defense plays and offense doesn't, oline gets crushed/QB gets murdered Polamalu style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Absolutely do not care about the individual person involved when human nature does what human nature is going to do, maybe because being shocked at the situational judgement of Jameis Winston in 2024 is a laughable premise

All the endless grasping for a culprit on the player side of things is pointless and stupid when there's only one way you solve this issue for good and calm the frazzled nerves of all the people who were scandalized by it

If you don't want Jameis Winston (or whoever) to be a big rude jerk out there and doing football the wrong way (despite it being entirely within the rules), then make it illegal for him to do it that way

The337th fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 9, 2024

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Josina followed up the tease about NFC East Change being about Will McClay potentially moving on from the Cowboys.

He has GM requests from Washington and Carolina.

Internet Predator
Dec 27, 2007

I've strangled necks of ages with the fabric of new words. The fires were amazing. Why would you put those out?

Diva Cupcake posted:

Chargers should definitely go right back to the Rams DC well.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1744733849626767589?s=20

There also looking at another DC too

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1744531664691175682?t=6NpeJ69gq2sfRuW_-1YT0g&s=19

Internet Predator fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 9, 2024

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It'd be stupid of them not to interview as many people as possible

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Vando posted:

Here's the thing about football: you can't just play passively as a lineman, either a play is all out or not, so both teams need to be on the same page about whether this play is 'real' or not because otherwise you get one side obliterating the other. The point of kneeling it out is to remove the need for linemen to risk injuring themselves on a pointless play.

You can literally watch a video of the play in question and see they it was not a problem at all. The defense plays the down, nobody is confused or taken by surprise and like, run over while they aren’t paying attention. It just looks like a normal rear end goal line play. NFL players aren’t as dumb as fans apparently and understand that if the other team is lined up and snapping the ball they need to be paying attention and ready to do their jobs.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You can literally watch a video of the play in question and see they it was not a problem at all. The defense plays the down, nobody is confused or taken by surprise and like, run over while they aren’t paying attention. It just looks like a normal rear end goal line play. NFL players aren’t as dumb as fans apparently and understand that if the other team is lined up and snapping the ball they need to be paying attention and ready to do their jobs.

I've never seen a dline that wasn't tense and ready for *something* during a kneel down until that knee finally hits the ground.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

my own ACL nearly exploded from the sheer surprised panic while watching a clip of the play

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

The337th posted:

my own ACL nearly exploded from the sheer surprised panic while watching a clip of the play

I fell off my chair and gave myself a concussion, acceptable NFL risk

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Just be grateful the saints didn't molest any children from the victory formation.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
what

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Stay the gently caress away from a resurgent Patrick Graham please

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1744774123438428668

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Pats?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Vando posted:

There may not have been anything official but I don't think Snyder selling up immediately afterwards was a coincidence.

Yeah that's the point though. Hide all the owners terrible crimes by publicly crucifying a random third party and "punish" him by making him sell the team and get a $6,000,000,000 check. Sounds like justice to me!

Edit: I don't give a poo poo that bruising a billionaires ego is apparently very horrifying for them to deal with, treat those fucks like a minority and send them to prison.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 9, 2024

Nov 6, 2002

laf big mistake tits

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Guess he wanted no part of the rebuild

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Dumb as gently caress. Who are we going to get? We're easily the latest entrant into the coaching race. Why has the past three years of this team just been a series of shot feet?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol Titans

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Letting Vrabel go seems like a bad move, unless he wanted out.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Weird that they didn't want to even get compensation for him from the Pats.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1744774418776408358?t=53vlWT4fepGjE9E5QDdd-w&s=19

This report counters that one and says they fired him. Which is even wilder. I thought the only way this happened is if he was the one who wanted out.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

laf big mistake tits

https://twitter.com/dmrussini/status/1744775541121483114?s=46

Nov 6, 2002

It's not you, it's me!

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Titans just gifting the Texans a bunch of AFCS playoff berths.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I feel like "Vrabel wants to leave on his own" was just Vrabel's camp trying to control the narrative.

Big lmao Titans

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Stupid move from Carthon. This team is going to loving suck

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope he doesn’t end up in NE. It would be cool to have the Patriots languish in sucky hell for a few decades.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh my god tepper bring in Vrabel please.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Benne posted:

I feel like "Vrabel wants to leave on his own" was just Vrabel's camp trying to control the narrative.

Big lmao Titans

I dunno. I don't necessarily think he was forcing his way out, but I could see the organization sensing his discontent and going "gently caress it, we might as well get a coach who wants to be here and gets along with our front office"

Maybe it would have been a good idea to hire a GM whose vision is aligned with your coach to begin with, though

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

xbilkis posted:

I dunno. I don't necessarily think he was forcing his way out, but I could see the organization sensing his discontent and going "gently caress it, we might as well get a coach who wants to be here and gets along with our front office"

Maybe it would have been a good idea to hire a GM whose vision is aligned with your coach to begin with, though

Even then you can trade a coach. Like do we have a higher opinion of him than the actual league?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Wonder if this is over Will Levis somehow. Vrabel started him but I'm not sure he ever had full confidence in him. Might have wanted a different QB to work with and the Titans said, "No," but that's extreme conjecture. Definitely want a post-mortem on this.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
drat, probably the big surprise firing of the season (or????)

wouldn’t mind him on the chargers

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
If I was Chicago, I'd reach out to Vrabel right away and if he's interested fire Eberflus. Or I'd just fire Eberflus anyway.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

Wonder if this is over Will Levis somehow. Vrabel started him but I'm not sure he ever had full confidence in him. Might have wanted a different QB to work with and the Titans said, "No," but that's extreme conjecture. Definitely want a post-mortem on this.

they stuck him with gave him Malik Willis too. wonder how the team would be with intentional contributors instead of constant random 2nd round backup QB picks

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

a neat cape posted:

It'd be stupid of them not to interview as many people as possible

It's smart. You want to do as many Zoom interviews as quickly as possible so you only have to pay for one month of Pro.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
not a close follower of the Titans but definitely very much got the vibes that the coaching staff had zero interest in working with/developing Willis(maybe justifiably). Levis seemed pretty promising though so if he wasn't into him he needs to lower his standards

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

God fire Dennis allen and bring in Vrabel, at least get a defensive head coach who can run a drat team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

All of these coaches out there and the nears are going to stick with The Henchman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This makes a ton of sense to me if Vrabel wanted out and very little if the Titans wanted him gone so it's weird that it appears to be the latter.