Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

See this is just sad. Like I don't hate him or anything but drat, he went to Dunkin and got donuts early and everything but still, zero people? Ouch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's because Trump is siphoning off all of their money from small donations. That's why theyre all going broke.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Speedboat Jones posted:

Aw, sure sucks being a Republican that isn’t one of the favorite republicans that people actually show up for.

Dean Phillips is a Democrat

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

loving love this line, 'if you build it, they will come', and how much it fucks dudes like this over

it's always the exact same thing, they thought just putting an event or business together was all they needed to do, and then by putting that space together the people would magically appear. it's only after they've spent all their money and no one came that they realize they majorly hosed up by putting together a thing but doing zero marketing or community awareness about said thing

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I was assured he was the right candidate because he used to watch MTV.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

tek79 posted:

A majority of Independents saying Trump responsible for J6, somehow about 1/4 of Republicans living in reality saying Trump responsible in J6, and Haley closing the gap in the primary...

seems like kinda bad news for Trump overall, but I dunno?

If folks dropped out and backed Haley, she would crush trump

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

Dean Phillips is a Democrat

poo poo! Woops!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1744763262065934347

How can they prosecute Biden?

According to Trump and his lawyers, Presidents have immunity from everything.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dementropy posted:

I was assured he was the right candidate because he used to watch MTV.

I mean, I wouldn't mind having a president who grew up watching MTV and listening to U2

But, y'know, you can't have that be your only selling point

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I watched that January 6th documentary on max(was pretty good) and he was it and came off as like decent and intelligent. I am genuinely curious why he chose to bite this bullet. He isn’t trying to push Biden from the left or something like that, nor is he a secret chud. It just strikes me as he got a fat head and went for it and pissed away a lot of good will he had.

kazil posted:

What is the skepticism? The literal court filing was posted.

I mean that the lawyer is just spinning up desperate bullshit but who knows.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

It's fun when people have a fraction of the misery they've visited upon others visited upon them as well.

Oh poo poo that's not Ron DeSantis lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Sexual Aluminum posted:

If folks dropped out and backed Haley, she would crush trump

I remember when everyone said this about every Republican and then they said it about Hillary in 2016

No, turns out they would not "crush" Trump because everyone else is only playing pig. Trump isn't pretending to be a stupid rear end in a top hat

Which of these two situations resonate more with the Republican voter:

A smirking Trump goes out on stage and announces that his opponent's wife is ugly
A bored-looking Nikki Haley calls Vivek Ramaswamy "scum"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Trump would absolutely trounce Nikki Haley if it was just the two of them in the.race

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
If this was all an HBO miniseries playing 200 years in the future, everyone's favorite character would be Donald J. Trump. Like, no question. The actor playing him would be set for life.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I mean that the lawyer is just spinning up desperate bullshit but who knows.

Possibly. All I know is that people that know the lawyer say she's really good at digging up dirt so there might actually be something.

Remember, this isn't Trump's lawyers. This isn't Alina Habba or Petey Pepperoni

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Last Call posted:

So the crime is that “you are trying to hold us accountable for our crimes”

Fffffffffuck, I hate the present

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

rotinaj posted:

So the crime is that “you are trying to hold us accountable for our crimes”

Fffffffffuck, I hate the present

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1744763956562972982

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

He got his immunity first and his immunity supersedes Joe’s immunity

No takebacks

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Last Call posted:

Biden was never elected president because that reflection was rigged and Stollen

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

kazil posted:

Possibly. All I know is that people that know the lawyer say she's really good at digging up dirt so there might actually be something.

There's a pretty wide gap between "there might be something" and the "well this completely derails the case against Trump you guys, doggone it, I thought we had him that time :sigh:" thing that some people seem to be doing ITT.

Like, let's wait until an actual ruling is handed down before we declare game over and TOTAL EXONNERATION FOR TRUMP!

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

kazil posted:

lol I bet at the end of this Trump argues that the judge couldn't possibly be impartial to someone who spread such vicious overblown rumors about her and the case needs to be thrown out.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Biden was never elected president because that reflection was rigged and Stollen

Since it was rigged and Stollen, Trump should not just get the next election cycle automatically, but the one after that since he is just trying to save America

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

vaginite posted:

lol I bet at the end of this Trump argues that the judge couldn't possibly be impartial to someone who spread such vicious overblown rumors about her and the case needs to be thrown out.

At the end? They’re already implying that with some of their filings. Or at least, that’s how I read some of it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

There's a pretty wide gap between "there might be something" and the "well this completely derails the case against Trump you guys, doggone it, I thought we had him that time :sigh:" thing that some people seem to be doing ITT.

Like, let's wait until an actual ruling is handed down before we declare game over and TOTAL EXONNERATION FOR TRUMP!

Excellent point.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
How did the immunity hearing go?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

nine-gear crow posted:

People say another January 6th is impossible because the chuds learned their lesson after thousands of them got arrested and sent to prison for it. Nah, it'll happen again if Stinkmeister flat out tells them to do it again. They never learn and never change. Not Trump, not them, never.

Ok but this time the entire MD national guard is gonna be ready to go.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

rotinaj posted:

He got his immunity first and his immunity supersedes Joe’s immunity

No takebacks

Everyone knows Biden isn't the real president, so it doesn't count and only Trump has it

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

nine-gear crow posted:

People say another January 6th is impossible because the chuds learned their lesson after thousands of them got arrested and sent to prison for it. Nah, it'll happen again if Stinkmeister flat out tells them to do it again. They never learn and never change. Not Trump, not them, never.

Another attempt is certainly possible, but without Trump in charge of the military/police response the outcome inevitably ends even more poorly for them than it did last time.

Ultimately I think this is the real limiting factor for more MAGA violence. Trump has tried to incite hog mobs at various points during his trials but they haven't materialized despite their being flat out told to do it again. But without Trump in the seat of power they are up against the executive, not warring on his behalf, and their terror attempts have been neutered.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Really well, trump’s legal team is doing a great job refuting the idea of “what if a president decided to execute his political rival” with “the congress must impeach or you courts have no power”

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Trump farded and shidded

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
2 of the judges on this immunity thing are Biden appointees so I don’t think they have any motivation to really throw trump a bone here if they don’t need to.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Make President’s Day Great again, Donnie!

Feb. 19th is just around the corner! I believe in you!

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

FULLY EXONERATED

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Team Trump is already planning to appeal to SCOTUS so that should tell you how they feel about where the case is going

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Trump being forced to bestow upon Biden any immunity claim he is trying to get for himself is serious :chaostrump: energy

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

emSparkly posted:

2 of the judges on this immunity thing are Biden appointees so I don’t think they have any motivation to really throw trump a bone here if they don’t need to.

BIASED BIDEN JUDGES, SOME OF THE VERY WORST WE HAVE EVER SEEN, NEED TO RECUSE

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

rotinaj posted:

I saw some clips of trump from back in 2017 a few minutes ago

Holy poo poo does he look old and tired and beaten down now

it's REAL loving stark, especially when he is blabbering about having "stamina" or whatever on the campaign trail

for all his faults and idiocy he could stand up there and have an uninterrupted stream of consciousness for like 45 loving minutes and barely take a breath. nowadays he looks like he is gasping after 5 minutes.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

lol the first thing he says is "Joe Biden"

Dude. Dude... Joe Biden is not prosecuting your very open crimes personally you victim complex babyass

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

Team Trump is already planning to appeal to SCOTUS so that should tell you how they feel about where the case is going

They started this whole process planning to appeal to SCOTUS, where Trump is gonna blow a major loving gasket if any of his three say a single thing out of line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Coolguye posted:

for all his faults and idiocy he could stand up there and have an uninterrupted stream of consciousness for like 45 loving minutes and barely take a breath. nowadays he looks like he is gasping after 5 minutes.

long COVID