Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Holocure and Army of Ruin are prob the two I've put the most time into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I'm still reading the manga for the first time, is the show a good adaptation?

i love the manga so i liked the anime and i think it hit the story beats pretty well but didn't do the best job translating hayashida's style from print to screen. there are some backgrounds that absolutely nail it and most of the time the characters look decent too but every now and then i got a feeling that it was a bit off. that being said its innate dorohedoroness was more than enough to carry it for me so maybe you'l be the same

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Brotato

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

It's this.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Best fishing game I've played is Ocarina of Time.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh yeah Brotato is in a league of its own, almost forgot about that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Runa posted:

it's just worth getting in general but there's goofy stuff you can do with mods that aren't an option there

like 8-player co-op

sebmojo posted:

Yeah it's good, mods aside
:cheers:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Twilight Princess has a ridiculously indepth sequel to that minigame, for essentially no reason. I spent so much time in the fishing dimension.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

picayuna dreams, halls of torment, time wasters

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

dark cloud 2 fishing was goated

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'll teach you mahjong

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
just read akagi, dude

copy
Jul 26, 2007

just buy one of those tables that shuffles the tiles and makes walls automatically. then post pictures of it. then either learn mahjong or don't idc

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ehh, I've played that a bit and it's fine but it's no vampire survivors sir

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My brain has been rotted and I can't enjoy the original VS anymore. Too simple, which is part of why it's a masterpiece though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Ehh, I've played that a bit and it's fine but it's no vampire survivors sir

I agree. It ok but I definitely didn’t get sucked in

Stux posted:

picayuna dreams, halls of torment, time wasters

HoT is great and picante dreams is next on my list to try today.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I think I've mostly wrung out VS but I still go back from time to time just to hear its fantastic soundtrack in context

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

just read akagi, dude

watching akagi legit is why i learned mahjong lol

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

mycot posted:

Twilight Princess has a ridiculously indepth sequel to that minigame, for essentially no reason. I spent so much time in the fishing dimension.

man I completely fell off the Zelda cart after OoT. Maybe it's time to get back on track.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

been trying stuff on the deck and playing like fh5 adn elden ring at medium settings completely smooth on a handheld is extremely surreal

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I keep waffling on the deck because I'm afraid it'll be too big and give my hands the cramps like the Dualsense and the xbox duke

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

halls of torment is the best vs like and it isn't close. better than vs by a mile too

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hatty posted:

I keep waffling on the deck because I'm afraid it'll be too big and give my hands the cramps like the Dualsense and the xbox duke

If you live in LA I’ll let you borrow my LED one that I haven’t sold yet.

You probably don’t though.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

hatty posted:

honestly I find the button layout much nicer then either of those so I don't get the same thumb cramps. it is a little heavy though and I end up resting it on my lap a lot

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

An Actual Princess posted:

halls of torment is the best vs like and it isn't close. better than vs by a mile too

:goofy:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
People used to joke about the original Xbox being 'huge' and you know what? It was pretty big.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

it wasnt a joke

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

An Actual Princess posted:

balls of torment. lol

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I tried halls of torment once and got to the final boss spawn for the run and found it pretty boring. No cool synergies or wild chaos

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

i like 20 minutes to dawn

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

People used to joke about the original Xbox being 'huge' and you know what? It was pretty big.

i just sold mine last year and got it all out to make sure everything was there and worked and stuff and yeah. it's pretty big. it's less huge than it used to feel like because the other consoles were way smaller when it came out, consoles as a whole have just gotten way bigger

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If you haven’t seen this show yet now’s a good time to jump in.

https://x.com/discussingfilm/status/1744361128220627273?s=46&t=DvvqeOcggle6VW8Wu5D9WA

It’s the perfect format.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

https://x.com/discussingfilm/status/1744361128220627273?s=46&t=DvvqeOcggle6VW8Wu5D9WA

It’s the perfect format.

i dont think tiktok has 2x speed so those freaks will still miss out 😔

copy
Jul 26, 2007

woke up this mor

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol explaining to tony what a tiktok is before he beats my brains out with a baseball bat

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i beat the grim reaper and then got bored of VS and quit. fun little game though. super smash brothers

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

MarcusSA posted:

It’s the perfect format.

This is basically that mad TV sketch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Famethrowa posted:

i dont think tiktok has 2x speed so those freaks will still miss out 😔
Double speed is hold tap :colbert: