Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The best time to fire Jon Robinson would have been before he traded AJ Brown, and the second best time would have been immediately after trading AJ Brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

syzpid posted:

Was Strunk the same owner of the Titans that talked with Josh McDaniels, while Mike Murlakey was still under contract and Murlakey had won a playoff game? Then had to fire Murlakey when it leaked she talked to McDaniels? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I don’t recall there being any smoke about them targeting mcdaniels but they did fire mularkey even though he won a playoff game. They got waxed by New England after that win and then he got canned

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

NickRoweFillea posted:

The best time to fire Jon Robinson would have been before he traded AJ Brown, and the second best time would have been immediately after trading AJ Brown.

Yup biggest own goal in team history

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I don’t recall there being any smoke about them targeting mcdaniels but they did fire mularkey even though he won a playoff game. They got waxed by New England after that win and then he got canned

He would've kept his job but he insisted on keeping absolutely terrible personnel around, made his own undoing there.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If Vrabel was putting up this much smoke about potentially leaving, then gently caress it, rip the bandage off. He has plenty of good qualities, but the team has been kinda listless the past couple years, and while a ton of it was due to the last GM, Vrabel hasn't put the offense in the best position to succeed either. Ending a season with eight straight losses after starting strong is pretty damning imo.

Will we hire better? Probably not. Hiring a coach is always a crapshoot. I'd rather try though than deal with a coach still waffling about whether he wants to be here or not when he's had underwhelming success the past two seasons. I'll probably still wish him the best, depending where he goes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I thought Vrabel was done early in the season when the Titans were clearly not going to win the division like some people thought. Just got those vibes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

solarjetman posted:

Meanwhile, the Broncos appear to be trusting the guy who made the worst QB trade in the history of the franchise, to pick the team's next quarterback.

I still don't think it was a bad trade.

The extension was the bad part.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

This is absolutely the most embarrassing part of the deal. “Too complicated,” my rear end. You’re a loving NFL franchise!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

I thought Vrabel was done early in the season when the Titans were clearly not going to win the division like some people thought. Just got those vibes.

...who the gently caress thought the Titans were going to win the division last year?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Trading Vrabel would be too complicated.

That kills me, doing my job would be to complicated so gently caress it lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Trading Vrabel would be too complicated.

That kills me, doing my job would be to complicated so gently caress it lol

Titans FO hasn't quite mastered Docusign.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

MJeff posted:

Yeah you might think you're getting McVay or McDaniel and end up with Getsy or Hackett instead.
Or Matt Nagy.

Woozie66 posted:

If I was Chicago, I'd reach out to Vrabel right away and if he's interested fire Eberflus. Or I'd just fire Eberflus anyway.
The silence is ominous. At least launch Getsy.

Also, as of last night, a former Bears QB is available to interview as a HC candidate.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Too complicated is 100% an owner insisting to be deeply involved in the process then getting mad about anything harder than yes or no.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1744799532553224518

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
One name not floating around is Jim Schwartz and I’m good with that because I want him back on the Browns rather than be poached for a HC.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

wilderthanmild posted:

Too complicated is 100% an owner insisting to be deeply involved in the process then getting mad about anything harder than yes or no.
It's like customers getting angry with me when I tell them I don't know when we'll be getting <specific product> but that I'm certain we'll have it soon. I'm just a retail schmuck, I'm not privy to what's been ordered nor do I receive it so I don't really *know* what comes in *when* exactly, all I know is whether we have it right now and if it's been discontinued(usually). And most people are okay with that, but some people get really loving mad about it because I guess they think everyone who works at a given store has intimate knowledge of the ins and outs of the inventory because they're a dumbass bitch.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Gatts posted:

One name not floating around is Jim Schwartz and I’m good with that because I want him back on the Browns rather than be poached for a HC.

Former Lions HC means teams are legally barred from hiring him as HC.

Seriously, go look at the list of Lions head coaches over the last 25+ years and their careers post-Detroit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

NickRoweFillea posted:

The owner had to sign off on trading AJ Brown. He didn't just do that on his own.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I can't wait to see what boring retread or up and coming snake oil salesman we get

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

...who the gently caress thought the Titans were going to win the division last year?

Did you read the AFC South thread? Like the majority of it at the start of the year was Titans fans talking about the playoffs and Big Jeff

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

This is absolutely the most embarrassing part of the deal. “Too complicated,” my rear end. You’re a loving NFL franchise!

This was one of the talking points this summer about why nobody made an offer to Lamar, too. “It would be too much work to put together an offer when the Ravens are just going to match it anyway”. Motherfucker your literal job is to write up contract offers to players, what the hell else is the GM doing in June or whatever that is more important than trying to land a franchise quarterback? At least come up with a remotely plausible excuse.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Did you read the AFC South thread? Like the majority of it at the start of the year was Titans fans talking about the playoffs and Big Jeff

The Authoritative Posting that is AFC South posters memeing, lol.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Gatts posted:

Teams can't talk to Schwartz yet, right? I dunno how it works, but I will be distraught if he does get poached.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Docjowles posted:

This was one of the talking points this summer about why nobody made an offer to Lamar, too. “It would be too much work to put together an offer when the Ravens are just going to match it anyway”. Motherfucker your literal job is to write up contract offers to players, what the hell else is the GM doing in June or whatever that is more important than trying to land a franchise quarterback? At least come up with a remotely plausible excuse.

The amount of people in this very thread saying "it would be too hard to come up with a contract" was hilarious. It's the literal GM's job to do exactly that. Plus, you could probably just copy/paste an existing contract and make some tweaks. Absolute lol at the people who didn't want Lamar because they'd have to open up MS Word.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I hope Jim Scwhartz gets poached.

By poachers. With guns.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wandler20 posted:

But we keep our handsome OC.

100%

pasaluki posted:

Antonio Pierce deserves a shot but Maxx Crosby smoking cigars with Vrabel in Vegasl would be quite the sight. Honestly he's an upgrade for alot of teams

Vrabel would be incredible for the Raiders

lmao

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

I still don't think it was a bad trade.

The extension was the bad part.

I think they were one and the same. Russ had a no trade clause and wouldn't have waived it without the promise of an extension before the season.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Feels like we're going on year 6 or 7 of people going "Jim Schwartz will definitely get another job, any day now, just you wait"

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m assuming it meant it would be too complicate to arrange a trade without it taking too long and causing them to miss on other candidates.

Still that’s your loving job lol so figure it out and definitely don’t say that poo poo out loud

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I’m assuming it meant it would be too complicate to arrange a trade without it taking too long and causing them to miss on other candidates.

Still that’s your loving job lol so figure it out and definitely don’t say that poo poo out loud

also that's why you have a comms person or a PR department bc "a trade would take too long" is reasonable, "a trade is too complicated" is absurd and makes you look terrible

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I would imagine the process was...

- We wanna trade Vrabel to the Patriots.
- poo poo, Patriots have not fired Belichick yet, don't know when they will. Maybe they won't.
- We need to start interviewing candidates, but we can't.
- gently caress it, just fire Vrabel.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Does Vrabel still have to cut his own dick off if he wins a Super Bowl on his new team

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Only if it’s a team other than the patriots since he’s already won a chip there

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

mcmagic posted:

The owner had to sign off on trading AJ Brown. He didn't just do that on his own.

IIRC, that's exactly what he did, and part of the reason she was so pissed was because he did it without consulting her at all.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MJeff posted:

I hope Jim Scwhartz gets poached.

By poachers. With guns.

What if he were to replace AG though

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Very sad Joe Barry isn't on anyone's shortlist yet

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Black Lighter posted:

IIRC, that's exactly what he did, and part of the reason she was so pissed was because he did it without consulting her at all.

I don't believe this. The first time she heard about it was in a Schefter tweet? Bullshit.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

forkboy84 posted:

Very sad Joe Barry isn't on anyone's shortlist yet

Gotta let him cook for another year

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

The Authoritative Posting that is AFC South posters memeing, lol.

You can also find stuff like https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-season-predictions-picking-super-bowl-playoff-teams-plus-final-standings-for-all-32-teams/ where you had someone pick them to win it and everyone thought they'd at least be second.

Sorry your team was a lot worse than everyone thought lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

You can also find stuff like https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-season-predictions-picking-super-bowl-playoff-teams-plus-final-standings-for-all-32-teams/ where you had someone pick them to win it and everyone thought they'd at least be second.

Sorry your team was a lot worse than everyone thought lol

This is some pathetic posting, man. Yeah, Stroud turned out to be better than people thought, which means the hopes for a team that just fired their GM and was clearly bracing for a rebuild disappointed for their lofty projections this year. All this tells me is Titans fans absolutely need to keep memeing because it's clearly making everyone else melt down in envy of fans actually liking their team even when they're bad.