Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Put me down for Two Hundred Twenty-Six Million of your American dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They did an episode that came right out and said trans people getting surgery is just like Stan's dad grafting dolphin pieces onto his body. They've never apologized, just did another episode ten years later that was basically "I guess trans people are okay, whatever, Cartman's going to make another antisemitic joke in a moment anyway"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Toxic Mental posted:

:siren: Mod challenge time :siren:

Person who guesses closest without going over Trump's fine for his NYC civil trial with the RACIST IG Letitia James gets a gift cert.

People who is closest while going over gets a special one-of-a-kind handmade 6er image courtesy of me.

$421 million dollars.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

0xAYN posted:

my issue with South Park is that it makes LGBT people into caricatures and goes "yes these people are disgusting abominations that have been the butt of the joke for 20 minutes, but isn't tolerance about tolerating people different than you, we should be more tolerant"
i don't like the implied messaging that me and people like me are disgusting but it's actually okay that we are disgusting

but 1998 edgy is still topical and cutting comedy right

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

MrMojok posted:

Put me down for Two Hundred Twenty-Six Million of your American dollars

For the last time, they're EVERYONE'S dollars, Ax.

Toxic Mental posted:

Person who guesses closest without going over Trump's fine for his NYC civil trial with the RACIST IG Letitia James gets a gift cert.

People who is closest while going over gets a special one-of-a-kind handmade 6er image courtesy of me.

Speaking of, $173,270,000, ten grand for every dead Yeerk.

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 10, 2024

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.

Toxic Mental posted:

20mil

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Toxic Mental posted:

$359 million

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

The government will apologize and give him 1 billion dollars and reinstate him to the presidency

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

rotinaj posted:

“No because Biden is an illegitimate stollen erection President and he should be in prison”

The logic will only go so far as the need by the cultists, they will accept any cognitive dissonance so long as they win

No one disputes Jimmy Carter's presidency, right?

There's one "presidential" act he can commit before he shuffles off this mortal coil that will cement his legacy...

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

666 million just to trigger chud religious crazies

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
819,271,959,010.94 Tanzanian Shillings

that's $326million USD

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Hazo posted:

I thought of something a while ago. Everyone’s tossing around the “gotcha” of “if the Supreme Court rules presidents are immune to crimes then can’t Biden just drone strike trump and the justices lololol”

But in reality we know that democrats are the party of :decorum: that believes in civility and the rule of law and (largely) are not violent terrorists.

Republicans on the other hand would absolutely seize the chance to freely commit crimes against their opponents and minorities. (EDIT: see the article about Stone above)

So what happens if the SC calls this bluff and rules all presidents are immune to crimes, knowing that Biden wouldn’t exercise this immunity but the next chud president will?

I guess the only thing to give them pause is concern about the legitimacy of the court, or the idea that letting chud presidents break the law could potentially be used against them personally (in addition to, you know, being horrible and undemocratic, but that hasn’t really stopped them before).

They wouldn't have to be as obvious as that. They could just buy into the 'must be impeached and convicted by the senate first'. Because they know:
A) The GOP is always going to have enough senators to block any attempt to impeach a republican president, absolutely no matter what they do. Up to and including directly using violence to remain in office, as demonstrated in that it has already happened.
B) Because of :decorum: if a democrat president did something truly heinous, enough democrat senators would absolutely vote to impeach.

Hence it's trivial for the SCOTUS to make republican presidents immune to everything and democrat presidents won't be, and yet they'll still get to be the 'reasonable' ones.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They did an episode that came right out and said trans people getting surgery is just like Stan's dad grafting dolphin pieces onto his body. They've never apologized, just did another episode ten years later that was basically "I guess trans people are okay, whatever, Cartman's going to make another antisemitic joke in a moment anyway"

One of my favorite story-arcs was "lol global warming isn't real manbearpig super serial you guys lol", followed by total radio silence as global warming got worse, eventually followed by "lol global warming is terrible but it's all your fault for refusing to deal with it and just kicking the can down the road, lol who told you to do that you dumb bastards it sure wasn't us!"

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

0xAYN posted:

my issue with South Park is that it makes LGBT people into caricatures and goes "yes these people are disgusting abominations that have been the butt of the joke for 20 minutes, but isn't tolerance about tolerating people different than you, we should be more tolerant"
i don't like the implied messaging that me and people like me are disgusting but it's actually okay that we are disgusting

Mr. Garrison being the whole “gay people are fine, as long as they’re not those gay people who totally exist”

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

His long rambling posts really lack the punch of the old twitter character limit ones

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

His long rambling posts really lack the punch of the old twitter character limit ones

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/351120640180355072

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SRQ posted:

but 1998 edgy is still topical and cutting comedy right

If that's the last time you watched the show yeah

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think I've seen like 2-3 episodes of south park ever at most, all probably when I was a teenager, I hated it, and also despite how little I've seen I think one of the episodes I did see was randomly massively transphobic, so I really have trouble seeing why south park should be given any sort of benefit of the doubt

also I think one of the other episodes I saw involved a segway type thing where the seat was like a pole that stuck up into people's asses or something? god I hate that loving show

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Some of you may want to up your bids lol

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

South Park sucks

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
why do so many goons get their moral compass from loving cartoon shows lmao

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

ComfyPants posted:

LMAO

TOTAL EXONERATION

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Nooner posted:

I got my moral compass from ATHF and it has served me well

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

ComfyPants posted:

He's gonna admit to more crimes

mystes
May 31, 2006

ComfyPants posted:

is there a jury in that case?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nooner posted:

Optimus Prime was there for me more thsn my real dad. :smith:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I get my moral compass from Power Rangers Cosmic Fury

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

FULLY EXONERATED

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Will the defendant please stand directly on the dementia toe pads and raise his right hand

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

mystes posted:

is there a jury in that case?

No! They DENIED him the option of even having a jury, because this is Joe Biden’s Banana Republic America!

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

ComfyPants posted:

Yessssssss can't wait till Thursday :dance:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol he's totally going to read the piece of paper that Engoron wouldn't let him enter into evidence

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

$175,000,000

Word?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Nice meltdown, idiot

mystes
May 31, 2006

MrMojok posted:

No! They DENIED him the option of even having a jury, because this is Joe Biden’s Banana Republic America!
oh right it's that case.

Like, if there was a jury I could see him thinking that by appearing he could persuade some of them somehow, but I don't think that's going to work on the judge.

I guess he's just going to use it as an opportunity to spout conspiracy theories or whatever.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It isn't even televised

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Nelson Mandingo posted:

$175,000,000

Word?

goddamn this guy is literally cartman

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

goddamn this guy is literally cartman

YOU WILL RESPECT MY IMMUNITAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Oh no! Prosecuting former presidents for crimes they did in office?! Why had we not considered this possibility!!