Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Good article about Şengün's improvement this season

https://www.basketballpoetry.com/p/the-indecisive-flamingo-has-arrived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

HANG THE loving BANNER

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/1744770781522055526

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Who were previous recipients of this award?

Beam does deserve it though.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
They're the NBA Team Sales & Marketing Awards. The previous team of the year for these awards was GSW, there's a couple years missing from what I can find, but the Raptors obviously won for 2019, and then the 2018 one didn't have a team of the year?

(source)

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
the nba wants mike malone to have an aneurysm

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
you don’t hear much about the beam anymore. todays kids don’t even know

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

tristeham posted:

the nba wants mike malone to have an aneurysm

It’s MICHAEL

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

lol get someone to overpay for your best player, tank to get generational star, and then trade back for player for pennies on the dollar

pop still got it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Watching LaVine perform Defensive Intensity in his desperate bid to get himself traded to the Lakers is so loving funny.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 9, 2024

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Zach just has no spatial awareness in help situations.

He's not a terrible man defender. But just like has no ability to track responsibilities for help defense, and just lets dudes cut behind him for dunks and layups or wide open 3's.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://x.com/HoopMixOnly/status/1744747340593078595?s=20

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

He's a foot guy! That's why his shoes have no effort in their designs.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

lol get someone to overpay for your best player, tank to get generational star, and then trade back for player for pennies on the dollar

loving stroke of luck if that happens.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Print the shirts and light the beam

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dexo posted:

Zach just has no spatial awareness in help situations.

He's not a terrible man defender. But just like has no ability to track responsibilities for help defense, and just lets dudes cut behind him for dunks and layups or wide open 3's.

All the possible D’Lo trades being for the guys with the same defensive problems plus the little bit of depth they have is really making me wonder why it’s a good idea.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Forrest on Fire posted:

He's a foot guy! That's why his shoes have no effort in their designs.

You can't wait to take these off and show those piggies and then never wear them again

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Even his fetish is the popular one that’s already been focus tested. Russell Wilson-rear end fetish

Now Kevin Durant, that’s a real player, doesn’t care what people think no matter if he’s posting on Twitter or asking OF stars to fart on him

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

You can't wait to take these off and show those piggies and then never wear them again

Ayesha Curry took a shot at Steph and he said "nuh uh.... Foot was on the line"

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Is it just my basketball malaise from detroit, or has this been a very blah season?

maybe save the timberwolves

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

last 2 minute report:

quote:

Porzingis (BOS) is above the ball and legally contests Mathurin's (IND) shot attempt, with some incidental arm contact occurring concurrent with the block. Referees conducted a replay review to determine if the foul was called with no time remaining on the clock (00:00), and determined it was called before the expiration of time. The clock was reset with 0.6 remaining on the clock. The foul itself was not a reviewable matter under this replay trigger.

sorry i had copied the wrong part

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 10, 2024

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Is it just my basketball malaise from detroit, or has this been a very blah season?

maybe save the timberwolves

Yeah blah is a lot of where I'm at with it. There's been some good ball but it feels like overall there's something missing from this season and it's hard to put my finger on what it is.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

Yeah blah is a lot of where I'm at with it. There's been some good ball but it feels like overall there's something missing from this season and it's hard to put my finger on what it is.

The IST is making the rest of the doldrums feel less than in the past.

Clearly, we just need more ISTs.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

the lack of defense has made games feel very much like whoever's going to have a good night shooting threes is just going to win. A very anti-climactic year. carve out exceptions for wemby , minnesota, and orlando.

I feel like we need to get rid of all the guys my age in the league(and their outsized voices in how things are done) and get back to 2015 levels of defense being legal

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dejan Bimble posted:

the lack of defense has made games feel very much like whoever's going to have a good night shooting threes is just going to win. A very anti-climactic year. carve out exceptions for wemby , minnesota, and orlando.

I feel like we need to get rid of all the guys my age in the league(and their outsized voices in how things are done) and get back to 2015 levels of defense being legal

Move the 3 point line a couple feet back and make it a straight line instead of curved. Make alley-oops worth 4 points. Bring hand checking back.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Aye Doc posted:

last 2 minute report:

lol, they say the contact with jaylen browns head was incidental. you can literally see his head jolt forward when he gets hit. it was also supposed to be a jump ball after that, not awarding the pacers the ball immediately

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 10, 2024

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Let's spice it up, introduce blunt weapons, but also body padding. That ought to show down the shooting a bit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This thread is pro-european assault right

https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/1744885751332909534

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rick posted:

the Rise of Coby White and my transformation into a Zach LaVine Hater have saved basketball for me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol why are Celtics fans melting down about a game in January?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

itt it’s just me and also it’s december in the chinese calendar

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Codependent Poster posted:

It's hard to maintain an 80% win percentage. :(

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Boston_sports_fans.txt

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

Move the 3 point line a couple feet back and make it a straight line instead of curved. Make alley-oops worth 4 points. Bring hand checking back.

I'm up for anything. Just giving defenders the right to exist would help

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the nba suspended the one man who tried to play 1990s style defense

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Aye Doc posted:

last 2 minute report:

How do you have "some incidental contact" on the arm during a shot? Isn't any contact a foul?

I don't understand this incidental contact thing at all, its applied really arbitrarily.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

that's my secret...I'm always melting down

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Lockback posted:

How do you have "some incidental contact" on the arm during a shot? Isn't any contact a foul?

I don't understand this incidental contact thing at all, its applied really arbitrarily.

I know watching it live I thought the Brown play was definitely a no call and the Krystaps play was definitely a foul

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I just want to see nunchucks in the game

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lockback posted:

I think if you hit the ball and get it out of the shooter's hand first, then subsequent follow-through arm contact isn't a foul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The problem is that everyone was excited about the suns and they have been inconsistent.

In all seriousness though I agree, it’s been lackluster outside of about four teams