Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MJeff posted:

Is that the year the Eagles pulled their QB to screw someone else over and it became a whole thing.

Yeah, they pulled Hurts to start the 4th quarter for Nate Sudfeld, which stopped us from having a 3 way tie at 6-10 for the division with the Giants and Cowboys.

But also Hurts had awful stats when they pulled him, so lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

How soon we forget the Tom Brady - Taylor Heinicke dual.

It was the hardest game Tampa played that postseason, I haven’t forgotten it.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

epic bacon posted:

i literally never would have guessed that the Washington Footballs have been to the playoffs way more recently than the Broncos

I know he's not been playing for 8 years but at least you can say it's rough being on the AFCW on the Mahomes era. the list is a bigger indictment of the Panthers and Falcons IMO

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It was the hardest game Tampa played that postseason, I haven’t forgotten it.

It absolutely was, I thought they were going to lose that game.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

A fun exercise is to see how many of these teams most recent playoff games you can remember off the top of your head.

Jets: Coming up short after falling into big hole against the Steelers in the AFCC
Broncos: Superbowl 50
Saints: Brady getting the last laugh on Brees en route to #7
Bears: Pretty sure they were just the tune-up game for the Saints right before
Patriots: Getting squashed by Buffalo in extremely cold weather
Cardinals: Getting squashed by the Rams on the inaugural MNF playoff game
Raiders: Close loss to the Bengals, think they had a chance to tie it up at the end.

Can't remember anything about the NFC south 6 years ago. I think that was the year after 28-3. Very sad I can't remember the Commanders or Titans last efforts even though they were just 2-3 years ago.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Mystic Stylez posted:

I know he's not been playing for 8 years but at least you can say it's rough being on the AFCW on the Mahomes era. the list is a bigger indictment of the Panthers and Falcons IMO

i guess i'm still just used to like, 1997-2015 fatigue of just expecting the Broncos to be in the loving playoffs every year

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

imagine being a jets fan

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

biceps crimes posted:

imagine being a jets fan

Mods ?!?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

biceps crimes posted:

imagine being a jets fan

No.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

biceps crimes posted:

imagine being a jets fan

how dare you spout that filth, this is a family friendly forum

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

biceps crimes posted:

imagine being a jets fan

They've had more playoff success in the last 25 years than the Cowboys so...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Black Sunshine posted:

What is funnier, butt fumble or whatever the Cowboys did to finish that game 2 years ago?

Well, the answer is obvious.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Blind Pineapple posted:

Can't remember anything about the NFC south 6 years ago. I think that was the year after 28-3. Very sad I can't remember the Commanders or Titans last efforts even though they were just 2-3 years ago.

Titans was the game where they sacked Burrow like 37 times and still manged to lose

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

And yet I am enjoying life and football. Can the same be said for jets fans? You know the answer

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blind Pineapple posted:

2017 was the year that 3 NFC South teams made the playoffs and none of them went past the Divisional round (Saints beat the Panthers in the wildcard and then lost to the Vikings in That Game, Falcons beat the Rams in the wildcard and lost to the Eagles)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Why haven't the Lions signed Zach Ertz yet

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

biceps crimes posted:

imagine being a jets fan

i have a sudden craving for feet and hot dogs

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Harlock posted:

Why hasn't anybody signed Ertz yet? He's been available for, what, two months now?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Harlock posted:

Partially that laporta might play and partially that he won't be of much use this game anyway and if they make it to the next round laporta will definitely be back I'd guess.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

MJeff posted:

Like, without Vrabel and with Henry seemingly moving on, how much better is Tennessee than Carolina?

69,420% minimum

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Black Lighter posted:

Why hasn't anybody signed Ertz yet? He's been available for, what, two months now?

He was washed when the eagles traded him.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Harlock posted:

He’s washed.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/pfref/status/1744365900071887026?t=aEAvOQ5bdLDt87J1avGuow&s=19

This rules.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

biceps crimes posted:

And yet I am enjoying life and football. Can the same be said for jets fans? You know the answer

That's fair but "gently caress the Cowboys" is always very appropriate

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Cookie Tackwell is a great name a shame its buried in the 1930s

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Master Stur posted:

Tex Hamer

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
There is an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm about one of Larry's friend that kills himself due to being a long suffering jets fan

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Master Stur posted:

every 4th mfer in the 1930s was named something like Cookie Tackwell, its bullshit

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Pimpcasso posted:

There is an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm about one of Larry's friend that kills himself due to being a long suffering jets fan

A prophetic warning really.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

AndrewP posted:

Oh I was specifically ranking each team’s QB situation. I’d probably put the Panthers last in terms of overall situation. Especially considering Tepper will probably hire someone based on how loudly they promise they can fix Bryce Young,
Panthers are also on the search for a new GM so I doubt they will be hiring a coach right away, nor would any coach want to sign before a GM is found.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
So Carolina needs both a HC and a GM?

If only there was somebody that had a 4-13 record this season that would likely be available…

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
until andy reid has more rings than belichick, i'm cheering for the walrus every year like clockwork. and i still have faith in the muppet to help him do it. though it doesn't seem super likely this time. :D

i'd love to see lamar get a ring. he's such a one-off to watch play. my pick for the most "unicorn" player.

the lions have been the great Don't Be This Team example for longer than any of us have been alive. in terms of literally just teams, i think it's the lions i'm riding with. snarf snarf

i'd love to see the eagles miraculously get it together, but lmao i'm too much of an iggles fan to not think they're proper hosed right now.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Pimpcasso posted:

I love curb and have no memory of this, know which s/e? Never mind rewatching it, just find myself gravitating towards certain seasons so prolly just not one I haven’t rewatched recently. And it’s been on for sixty years so

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Pontius Pilate posted:

I love curb and have no memory of this, know which s/e? Never mind rewatching it, just find myself gravitating towards certain seasons so prolly just not one I haven’t rewatched recently. And it’s been on for sixty years so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcJ8nW-AWl8&t=22s

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Alaois posted:

every 4th mfer in the 1930s was named something like Cookie Tackwell, its bullshit

I feel like this with college football coaches. I don’t follow college at all so every time someone posts a name like “Biff Poggi” I have to google if this mfer is real. Half the college coaching ranks sound like they walked out of a Mark Twain novel.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Another fun team-switching fact for this year:

Sack leader for the 2023 Washington Commanders: Montez Sweat, with 6.5
Sack leader for the 2023 Chicago Bears: Also Montez Sweat, with 6.0

He also sacked Josh Dobbs twice, once in a Commanders-Cardinals game and once in a Bears-Vikings game.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Docjowles posted:

I feel like this with college football coaches. I don’t follow college at all so every time someone posts a name like “Biff Poggi” I have to google if this mfer is real. Half the college coaching ranks sound like they walked out of a Mark Twain novel.

the interim HC of the Chargers after they fired Staley was Yiff Smiff

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Regardless of who made the playoffs when, the last time that the Jets were actually relevant in NYC was way earlier, like the start of the 2001 season

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Regardless of who made the playoffs when, the last time that the Jets were actually relevant in NYC was way earlier, like the start of the 2001 season

Nah they made an afc championship in like 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

tinstaach posted:

Another fun team-switching fact for this year:

Sack leader for the 2023 Washington Commanders: Montez Sweat, with 6.5
Sack leader for the 2023 Chicago Bears: Also Montez Sweat, with 6.0

He also sacked Josh Dobbs twice, once in a Commanders-Cardinals game and once in a Bears-Vikings game.

That owns.

I wonder how often a player leads a stat for two different teams .