Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He's talking about how he played for England, which was a single appearance for 11 minutes in a friendly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Lucy Ward said on FW that Barton is just gonna keep on being a oval office and encouraging his followers to be cunts without any push back from other pro/ex-pro footballers cos he'll have so much dirt on all of them that they're all terrified, which sounds pretty legit, and depressing.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
All the brain damaged football players.

https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/1743579250098335907

https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/1743529495783747668

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Dell_Zincht posted:

Surely the oval office should see more jail time for that tweet?

racism is only a crime if you're a poor, if you're rich you get to do a ted talk

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

the sex ghost posted:

Remember when he was the thinking man's footballer because he listened to the smiths. Lmao

i knew the smiths were bad from the very beginning and im happy that we now know that every smiths fan is a thick oval office who thinks they are not a thick oval office (see also the movie "The Killer")

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I like the smiths and i like michael jackson. R kelly made some bangers, and gary glitters one song i know makes me pumped up.

I am a monster

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I like the smiths and i like michael jackson. R kelly made some bangers, and gary glitters one song i know makes me pumped up.

I am a monster

How do you feel about lost prophets

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Is Joey Barton about to become unalive??

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
this is some sad and stupid stuff

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

cagliostr0 posted:

How do you feel about lost prophets

that one song is pretty cool but tbh I'm not much of a fan of rap rock.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Is Joey Barton about to become unalive??

You have to know too much for that too happen, Barton literally knows nothing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He's more likely to convince himself carbon monoxide alarms are a woke conspiracy and die in an accident than any state involvement

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sadio Mane just married his 18 year old "long term girlfriend". I feel like that belongs in here.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

TheRat posted:

Sadio Mane just married his 18 year old "long term girlfriend". I feel like that belongs in here.

Well that's a bit loving dodgy

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

TheRat posted:

https://www.pulsesports.ng/lifestyl...010720082552683

Mane reportedly met her when she was 16 (which is apparently the age of consent in Senegal). Mane is pretty religious and maybe religious fundamentalists in Senegal don't view the age timing as a big deal, but it skeeves me out. At best, it feels like the relic of times we'd be better off not revisiting.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Daniel Alves is in jail awaiting trial for rape. His wife is trying to divorce him, and he is refusing to pay child support. So Brazilian and Spanish banks have frozen his accounts to get the child support payments. He could, of course, pay the child support he owes and free up his accounts. But he hasn't, which means he has no money to pay his expensive lawyers. No worries, because Neymar has stepped in to pay his lawyers and any fines he may owe regarding the rape trial. Because that is what good friends do: not only defend your buddy from an open and shut accusation of rape, but ensure that he doesn't pay child support to unfreeze his accounts.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

what on earth, isn’t there way just to make the payments without his consent?

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
What are they going to do, garnish his wages? He doesn’t need to ever work again

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

what on earth, isn’t there way just to make the payments without his consent?

It involves the justice system of 2 different countries. I am sure that once it plays out he will be forced to pay. But in the current moment, the courts just froze his assets so he can't hide them while the whole divorce plays out.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

joepinetree posted:

It involves the justice system of 2 different countries. I am sure that once it plays out he will be forced to pay. But in the current moment, the courts just froze his assets so he can't hide them while the whole divorce plays out.

fair enough, quite surprised that even with his wealth he never got a financial advisor to hide his assets from seizure for the inevitable divorce/ bankruptcy of the typical retired footballer

long gone are the days when gazza had a secret bank account the club would pay into so he wouldn’t spend it all

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Jel Shaker posted:

fair enough, quite surprised that even with his wealth he never got a financial advisor to hide his assets from seizure for the inevitable divorce/ bankruptcy of the typical retired footballer

long gone are the days when gazza had a secret bank account the club would pay into so he wouldn’t spend it all

EU banning rules did a number on financial chicanery. That's why brexit was so good for the UK. Now when you beat your wife and she leaves you, you can hide your assets in Jersey.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TheRat posted:

Her name is even Aisha lmao

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I now see why he gave a lot of his money to open schools

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ungratek posted:

:eyepop:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ungratek posted:

Goodness gracious

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ungratek posted:

Goddamn

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ungratek posted:

drat

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Eric Cantonese posted:

https://www.pulsesports.ng/lifestyl...010720082552683

Mane reportedly met her when she was 16 (which is apparently the age of consent in Senegal). Mane is pretty religious and maybe religious fundamentalists in Senegal don't view the age timing as a big deal, but it skeeves me out. At best, it feels like the relic of times we'd be better off not revisiting.

you mean the times people demonstrated an unsettling level of knowledge about different countries' consent laws

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Some groveling statement from Kyle Walker on his Instagram page made me do a quick Google and I won't link any of the gutter press that's reporting it but apparently he's had not one but two kids with a mistress while also having three kids with his actual wife, for whom the recent revelation that he'd fathered a second kid out of their marriage was the last straw.

On top of the stuff about him getting his dick out in a club and also getting caught breaking COVID lockdown laws to go visit prostitutes he's pretty high on the list of footballers who need to learn to keep their dick in their pants

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Some groveling statement from Kyle Walker on his Instagram page made me do a quick Google and I won't link any of the gutter press that's reporting it but apparently he's had not one but two kids with a mistress while also having three kids with his actual wife, for whom the recent revelation that he'd fathered a second kid out of their marriage was the last straw.

On top of the stuff about him getting his dick out in a club and also getting caught breaking COVID lockdown laws to go visit prostitutes he's pretty high on the list of footballers who need to learn to keep their dick in their pants

which one is the missus he filmed his dog going down on

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:gonk:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol what on earth

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
Hope the wife and kids get all the money

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Bogan Krkic posted:

I seem to remember that turned out to be a woman that just looked a lot like his wife, but I'm sure you'll forgive me for not going looking for proof.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Rascar Capac posted:

I seem to remember that turned out to be a woman that just looked a lot like his wife, but I'm sure you'll forgive me for not going looking for proof.

i did my own research back then, and came to the same conclusion.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bogan Krkic posted:

When did he marry Bobby madley?

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
Meanwhile...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

szary
Mar 12, 2014
:siren: Professional soccer player Gabriel Jesus has been banned from Counter-Strike 2 and has appealed to developer Valve to overturn the ban on his account.

Jesus, who plays for Arsenal in the Premier League, tweeted earlier today that he had been given a VAC ban on his Steam account, and asked the official Counter-Strike account to help him get access to the game back, as he believes this ban is unfair. In the tweet, he also linked to his Steam profile which shows it has a game ban that was given out two days ago.
:siren:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Can he aimbot irl instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Counter-Strike skin trading service CS.MONEY has reported that the in-game items attached to Jesus’ account are worth around $38,000, all of which are now lost unless the ban is overturned.

wow that’s a bit unfair