Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Codependent Poster posted:

lol why are Celtics fans melting down about a game in January?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Shear Modulus posted:

I think if you hit the ball and get it out of the shooter's hand first, then subsequent follow-through arm contact isn't a foul

But that's not what happened nor was it what they said happened.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Oh then idk

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

R.D. Mangles posted:

the nba suspended the one man who tried to play 1990s style defense

Basketball hasn’t been the same since they gave Euros rights

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
If we're being honest I was mostly miffed by going from looking like a lock to win a Tatum rest day game against a legit opponent, potentially handily (up 10 when Hali went down) and watching it fall apart mostly on the back of some insanely hot shooting. The ending was frustrating (especially with the Jaylen foul overturn; feel like it would be more defensible if it was just called a clean block live) but not super egregious.

We are definitely overusing the term meltdown though.

e: Oh I also had to confront that Derrick White had a bad game and may be cooling off which makes me very sad.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think over turning the foul on Jaylen was wrong and done weird, but I did think Zing fouled Mathurin and they couldn't overturn the foul call on the review anyway, they could only check time.

They're explanation just kinda makes it worse though.

And people aren't melting down, their talking about a January NBA game because it's the NBA thread and it's January.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1744904438119055376?s=46

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Spo makes more coaching the Heat than the biggest contract in the NHL lmao

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Spo Money, Spo Problems

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I really wanted to see if the “Don’t sign Miami Heat X” applied to head coaches

Also it was pointed out to me today that the Lakers signed Kendrick Nunn 2.0 and that got a good chuckle out of me

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Awooo

9-6 now with one game to go on the 16 straight games (11 on the road) against .500 or better teams Timberwolves tour. Unfortunately that last game is a b2b tomorrow night in Boston after needing to fly up from Orlando after tonight's game.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

Awooo

9-6 now with one game to go on the 16 straight games (11 on the road) against .500 or better teams Timberwolves tour. Unfortunately that last game is a b2b tomorrow night in Boston after needing to fly up from Orlando after tonight's game.

Finals preview

:getin:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/kings_muse/status/1744908807116071329

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

know things are rough out in kings land if folks are quoting 13 month old videos to own The Detroit Pistons

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I liked this pull from Freezing Cold Takes

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/9252721806807040

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Aye Doc posted:

know things are rough out in kings land if folks are quoting 13 month old videos to own The Detroit Pistons

Dude we Kings fans remember every slight

Stay off Twitter if you don’t want to see reposted Keegan draft day takes from Pistons fans

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Finals preview

:getin:

id vote for this one, if adam silver is reading this thread please fix the games to do the needful. thanks

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Is Spo the only LeBron coach who didn't get fired during LeBron's tenure with a team or at the same time LeBron left?

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

WhyteRyce posted:

Stay off Twitter if you don’t want to see reposted Keegan draft day takes from Pistons fans

lol I already unleashed my pettiness over this in the GDT

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Blind Pineapple posted:

Is Spo the only LeBron coach who didn't get fired during LeBron's tenure with a team or at the same time LeBron left?
Ty Lue started the next season after LeBron left although it didn't last long.

I think it's only 5 coaches who have been with their current team for over 4 years? Or some crazy stat like that.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Blind Pineapple posted:

Sounds right

I forgot Russ existed for a while, and to be fair to him he's accepted his demotion to 20 mpg bench guard. There was a bit where he was mega toxic with a brutal contract, and everyone thought he may just flame out like Allen Iverson. He helped waste one of the last years of Lebron's prime (though lebron told the Lakers to get him so it's not really Russ's fault), you have to hand it to him,he didn't spin his way out of the league.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Lockback posted:

I think over turning the foul on Jaylen was wrong and done weird, but I did think Zing fouled Mathurin and they couldn't overturn the foul call on the review anyway, they could only check time.

They're explanation just kinda makes it worse though.

And people aren't melting down, their talking about a January NBA game because it's the NBA thread and it's January.

i think the refs in the pacers/celtics game should be executed on live television

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thinking about throwing everyone talking about how the bulls were lovely back in their face

oh wait they were all correct. dammit.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Games seem good to me. The three of you all root for teams that are disappointing plus maybe the winter is making you sad

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Dejan Bimble posted:

Is it just my basketball malaise from detroit, or has this been a very blah season?

maybe save the timberwolves

Following the Clippers this season has been a crazy roller coaster. Since they got their poo poo together they’ve been playing by far the most fun basketball of the 213 era. Lots of sick passes and poster dunks.

But I guess Kawhi will get injured again eventually and they’ll be back to blah.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

WhyteRyce posted:

Same... but goddamn they let the Pistons get 47 points in the first quarter. Would love it if the team could play enough defense to cover when the shots aren't falling.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DeimosRising posted:

Games seem good to me. The three of you all root for teams that are disappointing plus maybe the winter is making you sad

Lakers were much harder to watch last year so I don't think that is it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Teams 4-8 in the East all have the same record or at least did starting today, so seems like a fun season!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I can say for my part I am watching more random league pass games than ever before. The play is good and there are lots of fun story lines. Also I am a hater to my core and its fun to just throw on a game when the underdog is up double digits and see if they can do it.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Yeah the west is similar 4-7 are pretty close. Not sure if the top 3 will change much for the rest of the season.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
This season is good if you have league pass, but probably really sucks if you are stuck with national tv games.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Chicago Bulls are in firm possession of home court advantage in the first play-in game. What's not to be excited about

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

DeimosRising posted:

The lack of sun exposure is making me so loving sad bro. i was supposed to get plans to build a uv lamp for xmas but nobody got them for me :( :cry: #Sad

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Dejan Bimble posted:

The lack of sun exposure is making me so loving sad bro. i was supposed to get plans to build a uv lamp for xmas but nobody got them for me :( :cry: #Sad

just go to the beach dude

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I was wondering why the refs didn't call a tech for taunting then I saw the bench adjust to pointing at KAT after a few seconds. Actually pretty smart.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

My reaction to that loving circus of a Ben Taylor show is as follows; https://twitter.com/FaizalKhamisa/status/1744970996610719876?t=M8NbJ_Q1PfZ1w2yb49zpSQ&s=19

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i didnt watch that game but hes right

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
lmao at some point you have to get used to the Raptors whistle but getting 70 paint points with only 13 free throws and the Lakers getting 23 free throws just in the 4th quarter. I know you need to artificially bump up the Lakers so they can get into the play in but come on now. Raptors also playing against the Clips tomorrow, embarrassing stuff.

Remember this?

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1633721266334240768/video/1

He should not be reffing Raptor games.

Death By The Blues fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 10, 2024

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

they should have fouled less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Drunk Canuck posted: