Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Toalpaz posted:

I know, you know this, but the bullet just caught you in the pit and fragmented. It has a 50% chance of fragmenting! I feel like its obvious that you got shot and died. I just don't understand what the maybe's or confusing thing is here.

If it hit your armour, you would be alive today. That's how you know it didn't hit your armour.

I'm happy gear lords aren't god anymore. I'm having a lot of fun.

e: You can make informed decisions by trying to pick armour with more and more covered areas, in the item description. They tell you what they protect and how strong the armour is there.

Lol thats the thing - nobody knows this. You and I have exactly the same amount of information about what happened - a single M885 bullet killed me in the "chest". What is a fragment? Does it count as one hit or two? Or three? Is it a guaranteed kill? Does it do double damage? Where in the game can I see what the fragment chance for a bullet is and what happens when the bullet fragments?

So weird how anytime anyone has criticism of this game there's someone waiting in the wings to say some weird condescending poo poo in defense of BSG's awful design decisions that are universally made to artificially make the game "harder". Yeah man it's obvious that I died, nobody was talking about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
They really need to actually put the full set of ammo stats into the in-game inspect with tooltips.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
The damage feeds at the end are also not entirely accurate and don't show everything every time. You might have been hit a few times but the game only registered 1 shot on you for the kill screen. There is also some folks hinting at a new ghost armor bug where your armor is on in your client but the server doesn't register it. And of course it could have fragmented, but supposedly that requires hitting the armor according to some...

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

The Clap posted:

Lol thats the thing - nobody knows this. You and I have exactly the same amount of information about what happened - a single M885 bullet killed me in the "chest". What is a fragment? Does it count as one hit or two? Or three? Is it a guaranteed kill? Does it do double damage? Where in the game can I see what the fragment chance for a bullet is and what happens when the bullet fragments?

So weird how anytime anyone has criticism of this game there's someone waiting in the wings to say some weird condescending poo poo in defense of BSG's awful design decisions that are universally made to artificially make the game "harder". Yeah man it's obvious that I died, nobody was talking about that.

that change was actually made to make it easier to kill well geared players for people who aren't running full meta kits

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

It would be really cool if the damage report on your death actually showed what happened like hunting games do when you shoot something

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

They really need to actually put the full set of ammo stats into the in-game inspect with tooltips.

Its great that they did this exact thing in arena, but refuse to port it over to normal eft.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
bsg leaning on 'it isn't meant to be fun' to defend stupid design decisions is the free square

which is bizarre because they're honestly doing pretty good right now on a bunch of other levels

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
According to Nikita making those stats visible is "planned". https://old.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/18vthp2/thoughts/kfwgda4/

Merging all the maps into one huge map is also planned so take that as you will.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I really hope they add some sort of post match replay. Let me pay fence 30k to follow me with a drone or whatever. I care way less about finding cheaters and way more about how cool it would be to be able to go back and contextualize the poo poo that happened in a raid.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Is it just me or is the tarkov site down, my BIL was watching me play and was thinking of upgrading.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Works for me right now, all the buyable version listed here https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Anyone else run into issues with the game on AMD GPUs? I upgraded from a 1080 to a 7800xt and the game will basically cause my monitor to go black and I have to restart my computer. Hasn’t happened in any other game in the months I’ve had the new card. Happens in raid as well as in menus.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
6700xt here and no issues like that.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

poe meater posted:

6700xt here and no issues like that.

Yeah no trouble at all for me in the new wipe so far, on a 6800xt.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Rahu posted:

Works for me right now, all the buyable version listed here https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page

Yeah looks good here now on this end too. Guess we just checked at an unlucky time

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Neon Belly posted:

Anyone else run into issues with the game on AMD GPUs? I upgraded from a 1080 to a 7800xt and the game will basically cause my monitor to go black and I have to restart my computer. Hasn’t happened in any other game in the months I’ve had the new card. Happens in raid as well as in menus.

Mine used to do that, it wouldn't fully lock out but would black screen then return to desktop, funnily it would also disable all my RGB fans as well. But I'd get the unity crash report program. City Skylines 2 also did this but not recently.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Arena should always have you on the Blue team. It is ridiculous in 2024 to have to remember if I'm shooting Blue or Red.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Nutsak posted:

Arena should always have you on the Blue team. It is ridiculous in 2024 to have to remember if I'm shooting Blue or Red.
Wristbands would help.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Sharing a video of approx a week of my early 2024 tarkov wipe experience while rolling with my 3-5 person gang. I am not catching their comms but I put effort into making the video watchable despite it's length with a full sound track and scrubbing through the waiting and slow play I do.

I play slow when I think I can get snipers into close range, and I'm armed with shorter range weapons. Waiting is a lot of fun for me. Other players may charge snipers, others may rotate away to better loot or engagements. I am reasonably sure about my ambush abilities and knowledge of common game movement flows. So I wait sometimes, especially when I think the enemy is only ambiguously aware of my location or unaware of me.

E: The first 5 minute clip is pretty rough, the rest is more snappy. I become a more aggressive editor.

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 5, 2024

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I started playing this game this week. Been having a lot of fun so far. Mostly playing with a group, but I’m getting the hang of successful scav runs, and have done a couple solo raids pretty successfully so far. I still don’t understand a ton of the mechanics, but I’m sure that will come in time!

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Every time..

Every time they remove the Christmas tree while I'm crafting something nice.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
fuuuck me. was playing streets and spawned kind of outside concordia, i got shot at so i dipped inside there. some dude broke the glass in the back and was running around looting, i tried to leave and he was shooting at me out of the back window, so I ran back in. I kinda just waited in the hallway and blasted him as he came up to the door i was near lol.

dude was extremely kitted, sick modded m4 with drum mag, santas bag, T5 armor/helmet with NVG's it was amazing.

Then as I was trying to hobble towards an extract, I was running in the grass next to a path outside of the building... and a landmine blew up and killed me.

why the gently caress are there landmines on streets??? lmao i am so pissed, its not even like i lost it to a player, just loving dead

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
There's invisible claymores in some buildings in Ground Zero. Why? Because BSG hates you and wants you to suffer.

Embrace the suck.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

There's invisible claymores in some buildings in Ground Zero. Why? Because BSG hates you and wants you to suffer.

Embrace the suck.

I mean bullshit land mines are arguably a good inclusion in a map that’s intended to teach you how the game works (including the feeling of idiocy when you have the retrospective realization that the bank booth in question has spray painted warning signs in both English and Russian)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
i highly recommend paying attention to the signs that say 'МИНЫ' in Russian, often with a red background, skull and crossbones, and the words, 'стоп мины', which means, yknow, STOP MINES. I think the tarkov signs normally even have English warnings on them too, though some of the areas with mines will merely have a large red 'МИНЫ' spraypainted on a piece of plywood or something. Generally if you see anything in tarkov marked indicating danger it's because there're either mines or boundary snipers

as an aside, those are actual signs used to mark minefields, albeit usually without the english

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jan 8, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I kinda wish they had it so that if you look at a sign that's in Russian there are like English (or your language of choice) subtitles that tells you what it means. I usually play Bear, so in my mind it makes sense they know what the signs say.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

most troops can't read

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

huh. the game doesnt suck for the first time in like, 4 wipes.

armor plates are great, because if you are smart you can ambush fat kitted nerds from the back and just destroy them.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

yeah, combined with the recoil changes a lot of weapons feel much more viable, and the theoretical punchers chance you had against geared people is way, way, way more real

probably needs some tweaking, but it actually got me to play + have fun again

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Snow is awesome and having it be actively snowing is even better. Worth the frame drops.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Neon Belly posted:

Snow is awesome and having it be actively snowing is even better. Worth the frame drops.

The subtle wind whooshes when it's snowing hard are so loving cozy. I'm not always a fan of Tarkov events but the snow is absolutely wonderful.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The snow is also great for visibility. No bush gremlins can sneakily shoot me when there are no bushes to hide in.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

LGD posted:

yeah, combined with the recoil changes a lot of weapons feel much more viable, and the theoretical punchers chance you had against geared people is way, way, way more real

probably needs some tweaking, but it actually got me to play + have fun again
I still feel like the last "puncher's chance" was M80 and now that's so far up Peacekeeper's loyalty levels that you can just use M61 instead. M855 and 7.62 PS being moved out of reach weren't even that bad.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
The inverted red triangle is the most common international mine warning sign, and if you pay attention, you can spot them (with and without the skull and crossbones) in almost every mined area somewhere

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
I've tried google but i'm confused by the results.

I have a 60Hz moniter and the game hovers around that FPS.

I'm getting screen tearing so want to use V-Sync, but the in-game V-Sync drops my frames to around 30fps.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Somehow my quest progression lined up perfectly that on only my 2nd visit to shoreline, I had the chance to mark the 3 ambulances for therapist, find the 3 sets of bodies for therapist, Mark the 3 tables for prapor, mark the 3 tanks for peacekeeper, and jam the 3 signals for mechanic in a single raid.

I ran all around the map, extracted with 3 minutes remaining, and realised I forgot to mark the table next to the ambulance at resort, and also skipped the bodies at the helicopter.

11/12 things marked/ jammed still felt pretty good tho. Pity the bodies have to be all in one raid because i died the next two times trying to do that quest and would of had it done if I only went to the helicopter 15m away from the ambulance I had to mark on that first attempt.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Recoil changes are dope and single-handedly make this wipe one of the most fun in a long time. Audio is still hot garbage but if they manage to fix that up I’d say that hands down this is the best Tarkov has ever been. Running night raids in the snow is atmospheric as gently caress while also being super functional. Unless it’s really bad weather or that pre-sunrise lighting the snow makes it so much easier to see at night that you can run without NVG, which is very convenient for early wipe when your access to NVG + mounts is pretty limited.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
This is my third wipe. I don't think I have gotten past level 25 in either of the previous ones. My friend groups tend fall apart after they progress faster than me/others.

I'm incredibly comfortable scaving; about 80% of my runs this wipe so far have been scavs so I'm rich as heck right now but only level 12. Pretty comfortable on Customs, Ground Zero, and outside Interchange (still getting lost inside), currently trying to learn Woods.

I joined the goon discord and tried the authme but I think my privacy might be too strict for the DM. Maybe I'll see yall around!

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.

Aexo posted:

I joined the goon discord and tried the authme but I think my privacy might be too strict for the DM. Maybe I'll see yall around!

Nah, the bot has been broken for years. I think the admin keeps it around as a funny prank on newbies. Talk in the one channel you have access to or whatever and someone will let you in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

I've tried google but i'm confused by the results.

I have a 60Hz moniter and the game hovers around that FPS.

I'm getting screen tearing so want to use V-Sync, but the in-game V-Sync drops my frames to around 30fps.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I think what's happening here is v-sync seeks to lock your framerate to your monitor's refresh rate to fix tearing but your machine can't keep 60 frames with v-sync enabled so it's halving it to 30, which it does for reasons that I don't exactly understand.