Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Android Apocalypse posted:

Made from leftover pulled pork, roasted cauliflower rice, avocado, cheese, and some pork rinds. The Newks dill pickle hot sauce was a nice add-on.

Also HBD Air Skwirl, Neil Armbong's wife, and the late Richard Nixon.

drat, you always post some good looking food. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The problem with having a cousin whose birthday is the day before yours is when they send you a happy birthday text and you realize you didn't do the same thing yesterday.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Me and my younger brother have the same Bday but 4 years apart, man that sucked growing up haha. Half the gifts every year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a sexual elk posted:

Me and my younger brother have the same Bday but 4 years apart, man that sucked growing up haha. Half the gifts every year.

I'm a month apart from my younger brother and my dad would get us the same gift for Christmas and our birthdays every year so we wouldn't fight over the Legos or Nerf or whatever it was that year.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

My older brother was born on Christmas day and got absolutely screwed over every year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm a month apart from my younger brother and my dad would get us the same gift for Christmas and our birthdays every year so we wouldn't fight over the Legos or Nerf or whatever it was that year.

Pretty smart

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Rogue Elephant posted:

My older brother was born on Christmas day and got absolutely screwed over every year.

I'm born early in December and sometimes my parents would cheap out by getting one present for my birthday and Christmas.

One time it was a Nintendo, another time it was a 10-speed bike (which I discovered hidden in the basement when I was looking for something near the furnace).

Funny thing is that I was supposed to be born around Thanksgiving but I was a stubborn & lazy fetus... as compared to now where I'm a stubborn & lazy fully-grown adult.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My bday is 3 days before Christmas so I definitely know the deal. Always a joy when you get the gift wrapped in half bday paper and half Christmas paper. Very clever.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Happy Birthday SB, for your present I got you another year of Dennis Allen

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

Happy Birthday SB, for your present I got you another year of Dennis Allen

you shouldn't have

no really

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
HDBSB. You have the same bday as one of my good friends from grad school.

a sexual elk posted:

Didn't realize I'd been posting with a McElroy brother all this time.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My grandma and her younger brother also have the same birthday 2 or 3 years apart. Their parents did joint birthdays for them until my great uncle was in high school since it was just easier. Some years it got comboed with Thanksgiving because their birthday is in that part of November where there's a always a threat your birthday will coincide with dealing with your worst drunken family.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Weeeeee our power is out. Nothing like being dependent on electricity for warmth. Ironically, I was starting to look at generators earlier today...

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Yesterday we were forecasted to get 6-12" of snow, but instead it just rained all day and I had to shovel an inch of slush off my driveway

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Rectal Placenta posted:

Yesterday we were forecasted to get 6-12" of snow, but instead it just rained all day and I had to shovel an inch of slush off my driveway

Same. I am insanely bummed. I got my kid a sled for Christmas and he hasn't gone sledding in two years now. Hoping this weekend delivers with predicted cold snap + more snow for real this time

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Additional Band of Brothers trivia: Buck Compton later was a part of the LA District Attorney's office and helped prosecute the Manson family and Sirhan Sirhan.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

David Schwimmer making that "I can't believe Rachel isn't with me" face works surprisingly well when the Company sees him again the second time.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

you shouldn't have

no really

Speaking of birthday presents, did you ever get that pelican I sent you?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Speaking of birthday presents, did you ever get that pelican I sent you?

It was delicious, thank you!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Happy birthday SB!

In doubling-up birthdays, I have the day after my mom’s. I have gotten significantly better at wishing her a happy birthday on her birthday, not mine, as the years have gone on.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm born early in December and sometimes my parents would cheap out by getting one present for my birthday and Christmas.
I was born very close to Christmas and one year I got an Xbox (with no games) for Christmas, and Halo 2 for my birthday. I was permitted to open Halo 2 early.

It loving ruled.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Coco13 posted:

Happy birthday SB!

In doubling-up birthdays, I have the day after my mom’s. I have gotten significantly better at wishing her a happy birthday on her birthday, not mine, as the years have gone on.

My mom and dad have the same birthday. This prompted little Swickles to jump to the conclusion that, along with taking the man's last name in marriage, one also assumed the birthday. To me, it was scandalous to find out my friend's parents didn't have the same birthday, like they must be progressive to some degree to take the name but not the birthday.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Happy birthday SB! May you ever be blessed with delicious cake from braks.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

HBD Air Skwirl! Tell your cousin that January 8th is also David Bowie's birthday.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Happy Birthday fellas, Hope its a good-un/

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Happy Birthday (or belated if this is now too late), hope y’all are having a good start to the year.

One playoff just ended, now looking forward to an NFL playoffs of chaos since I have no direct rooting interests.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hbd skwirl

Also lmao

https://x.com/huinguillaume/status/1744724351013069284?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Can confirm that everyone I know who rock climbs is within 2-3 years of 30.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Does anyone know like a discord or something that can help me with an excel issue? I have two spreadsheets with a shitton of UPC's in columns. I need to find ones that exist in both spread sheets, and then export the price in a different column from one spreadsheet to the other one.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

Does anyone know like a discord or something that can help me with an excel issue? I have two spreadsheets with a shitton of UPC's in columns. I need to find ones that exist in both spread sheets, and then export the price in a different column from one spreadsheet to the other one.

Idk if you’re on Reddit but r/excel has helped me a ton

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

swickles posted:

There's an Excel Questions thread in SHSC but you have to dig a bit for it-
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3132163

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

swickles posted:

Don’t know if a discord, but this sounds like something VLOOKUP function could handle.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I literally just started rock climbing and I'm feeling extremely attacked right now

Oh wait, that's just forearm soreness

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

swickles posted:

VLOOKUP from one sheet to another for the same value. Next column over evaluate if the two cells match A1=B1, column after that you can do an if for TRUE/FALSE and then key in another vlookup in the next column to get the price.

I'm sure there's a nicer way and yes you can nest this, but if you're new enough to excel to ask then you probably don't need the confusion of nesting if statements.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

Don’t know if a discord, but this sounds like something VLOOKUP function could handle.

Awesome, just knowing that let me find the little tutorial on it and it worked! Thanks!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Our favorite local lovely Italian joint does this thing where you get a golden envelope every time you dine in during the holidays. You come back during January and open it in front of the waiter and get like a free app or whatever.

Last night while we were there (BOGO entree) someone started screaming because they won a car. Couple in their fifties or so. The restaurant owner happened to be there and brought out the title for them.

1996 Honda civic with 400k miles lmao

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gen X nearly completely ignored in this

LIKE WE LIKE IT

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Our favorite local lovely Italian joint does this thing where you get a golden envelope every time you dine in during the holidays. You come back during January and open it in front of the waiter and get like a free app or whatever.

Last night while we were there (BOGO entree) someone started screaming because they won a car. Couple in their fifties or so. The restaurant owner happened to be there and brought out the title for them.

lmao, were they like nah, keep it?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Better than a Toy Yoda I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’m so completely exhausted and frustrated with the fact that I’m STILL dealing with that accident from back in October.

She shop that progressive told me to use used aftermarket parts that didn’t fit and looked like poo poo, so I made them use OEM parts, they did and it looked great. I finally get my car back and there’s still something wrong with it. The steering is loose and it feels like one of the wheels is out of balance.

My right wheel was hit so they tell me they fixed that side but didn’t look at the left side. I ask them if they can because something is definitely wrong. They tell me no, they don’t see how anything could be wrong on the left side because I was hit on my right.

I refuse to believe that “nothing” could be wrong when I was hit on my right wheel causing the steering and all to whip back over to the left. They tell me it’s not their problem but if I want to take it somewhere else that can prove it was a problem from the accident, then they’ll talk about it but as of now they don’t think anything is wrong. They even accused me of hitting a pothole or curb and causing the problem. I 1000% know it wasn’t that because I barely drive it and immediately took it back to them as soon as I noticed it. There was maybe 20 miles on the car from when I picked it up to when I took it back.

They won’t even have the shop that worked on the car look at the left side of the steering and the left wheel.

I’m trying to escalate within Progressive corporate but I’m waiting on someone to call me back. I hate insurance companies so god drat much.