Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What is everybodies Extremely Australian Problem today?

My chicken salt has clumped together in the humidity and it's not shaking out nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Infinitum posted:

My chicken salt has clumped together in the humidity and it's not shaking out nicely.

That does sound like a problem.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This def ain't the AUSGBS thread :v:

Anyway my chicken salt has clumped together and it's pretty poo poo, hey

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I wish you dry chicken salt

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Infinitum posted:

This def ain't the AUSGBS thread :v:

Anyway my chicken salt has clumped together and it's pretty poo poo, hey

Send it to goons across the world so we may partake, that'll solve the issue

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Russ didn’t really sell me on it.

He did sell me on the Odin 2 though lol that looks great.
my only concern with the odin 2 is that the base unit keeps selling out and i'm not spending more on the pricier units. but also that it's slightly smaller than a switch, because I already need Hori Split Pad Pros to hold a Switch comfortably (which end up making the Switch as wide as the Steam Deck). it looks like the curvature of the handles is decent on it, but I do wish we had more 7" devices without them skyrocketing into handheld PC pricing. i need a lighter emulation device sidekick to the Deck!! someone just take the Wii U gamepad shell, stick a 7" screen and the RP4P chip in it, and then call it the Anbernic RG706P or whatever

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

My issue really more revolves around the fact that I bought a rack of ribs to smoke and nobody else in my house likes ribs. Some would say that is not really a problem at all.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Infinitum posted:

I have a cheap spice grinder specifically for this situation.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Jesus Kristov posted:

Surprised at how capable the Pocket 4 pro is but it seems that software/Android is a problem.

Looked into AetherSX2 and it looks like it's not in active development any more?

Maybe, but it still feels more like a 2.0 3.0 product than yuzu, dolphin citra, which feels like working with alpha, beta products.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hey hyperkin why are you so bad at this

a 16:9 screen for genesis games lol. i mean i know there are widescreen hacks but this is so stupid and a blatant grab at ARC-D/S sales

e: wha

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 9, 2024

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
VIDEO COMPUTER SYSTEM

🎮 MY ARCADE®

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

does someone have a museum of these abominations? should we have a museum?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The museum is your local town dump

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

coconono posted:

does someone have a museum of these abominations? should we have a museum?

It's an ewaste landfill.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The numpad makes it the ideal device to emulate Jaguar games!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
it's the nGage of the future, come back in time to try and save the world

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Robot posted:

Retroid Pocket 4 Pro - should I buy it?

I think I need an excuse given my current handhelds... I guess I don't own any Android gaming consoles and have had Android phones forever so have a fair number of games. And I don't have anything pocketable that plays anything above PS1. But my excuses are getting kind of thin...

OTOH my wife is going to kill me...

No, you shouldn't.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

put the LADX decomp on you're steam deck instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRKIJ7GErcI

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mierenneuker posted:

I'm in loving awe of the trackball and spinner as well.

repiv posted:

put the LADX decomp on you're steam deck instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRKIJ7GErcI

This isn't a decomp, it was just someone remaking the game ala AM2R except not as good.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Mierenneuker posted:

Oh please! There’s no way that thing could manage to emulate true raw 64 bit power!!exclamation point.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

How heavy is the Steam Deck? It always looks to me like it'd be too bulky to play for very long at a time

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Its fine if you're in a position to rest your elbows on something, its not something you want to hold above your head though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I play in bed a lot and it’s really never an issue.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah in bed, on the sofa, the toilet, at a table or desk are all good spots. I've played it laid on the sofa for multiple hours before.

Evil Robot
May 20, 2001
Universally hated.
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

No, you shouldn't.

Thanks that helps

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

womb with a view posted:

How heavy is the Steam Deck? It always looks to me like it'd be too bulky to play for very long at a time

More specifically, it's about 1.4lbs. It's not super comfortable for extended periods without any support, which is why there's tons of references to nursing pillows floating around. It's substantially bigger/heavier than almost anything that gets termed a retro handheld, which is pretty much the key reason things like the Odin 2 exist, and why there will always be a market for $3-400 devices that might not have a full steam deck's performance for emulation but are actually pocketable.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
You should just get a lighter than phone gizmo to play anything below PS2 and gamecube. All of them have pretty low resolution so you don't need a big screen.

For PS2/gamecube and up, you can play the ports on Switch, or an Odin type device (which is also the ideal size for streaming), or play on a Steam Deck, it's your decision.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with a Miyoo Mini+ for lightweight stuff and a Steam Deck for stuff that requires a bit more oomph. And a softmodded DSi XL and 3DS. And a flashcart for my GBA SP. :retrogames:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'm happy with my Steam Deck and PSP and DSi and New 2DS and various modded consoles. No Xboxes though, gently caress dealing with Xboxes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

EVGA Longoria posted:

More specifically, it's about 1.4lbs. It's not super comfortable for extended periods without any support, which is why there's tons of references to nursing pillows floating around.
yeah I get sore elbows in bed after playing it for a while. the Odin 2, meanwhile, is 420 grams which is 62% of the weight, and the G Cloud (which is almost as large as the Steam Deck) is just 463g, an entire 200+ grams lighter than the Deck at the same size.

where you plan on playing it the most should play a pretty large factor in what you get, I think. i have a Retroid Flip and I've decided it only makes sense to play it on the go since it's very pocketable when closed. although I do play a lot of Steam Deck in bed, it's more comfortable playing seated in an armchair

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Posted on the Retroid discord.

Top is the screen fix after the OTA update is pushed out, all the retail units will come with this fix already installed

Bottom is the current unadjusted green screen review units have

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Somebody please talk me out of buying one of these! I already have an anbernic 353 for Dreamcast and below and a gamesir for my phone for everything PS2 and up

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It’s a fair bit of money for something you don’t particularly need.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Rinkles posted:

It’s a fair bit of money for something you don’t particularly need.
:retrogames:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Personally I don't like using my phone itself for stuff like this especially with a controller attatched because 1) battery and 2) holding a larger n-gage up to my head if I get a call in the middle of it sounds like a shite time, but with that being said if you've got your bases covered you don't really need it, even if it would be fun

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

flavor.flv posted:

Somebody please talk me out of buying one of these! I already have an anbernic 353 for Dreamcast and below and a gamesir for my phone for everything PS2 and up

Just sell the Anbernic and blend your phone, then you've got a reason to order an RP4 Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1ckCkm8YI

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Wait for Anbernic or pawkiddy offer their version of RP4P with playstation buttons, so you don't have to do the "PS2P" mod yourself.

https://i.redd.it/1y3nztfr39bc1.jpeg

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I've had the 353P for a few weeks now and I'm very happy with it. It's very comfortable in the hands and doesn't feel cheap. It feels like an SNES controller.

I'm running JelOS and I've mostly used it for 16-bit gaming, but I tried out Daytona USA for Saturn last night and it ran great. I remember trying it out on my 351 devices and it was virtually unplayable, so this was a nice surprise.

I'm just starting to tinker with the Android side so I don't have much to say about it yet. Overall though, this was a very nice upgrade from the 351 series.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flavor.flv posted:

You don’t have the ability to game in both hands simultaneously with a retro console?

Pssh. Amateur hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Coming to a Five Below near you