Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Elon Musk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

have you tried opening a window

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

The Grimace posted:

Honestly, I can't believe you've been so diligent at posting his tweets for this long. I legitimately don't think it's healthy to read his bigoted and uninformed thoughts so frequently. :( It's mentally exhausting to continually go down his rabbit hole. Take care

Seconded - thanks for the work you've been putting in, kazil! I stopped fishing about to see what his latest BS was over a month ago because it just became genuinely too much. Just the worst mix of racism, transphobia, bad science, horribly cringy jokes, and all of it growing by every passing day. You've gone above and beyond to supply material to the thread, so you now go and enjoy the hell out of your mental health break.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 10, 2024

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/fungerstakingls/status/1745107704450793975?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The only purpose that ended serving was humiliating NFT bros who had their jpegs stolen, no wonder they are getting rid of it :lol:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Oh no, how will I right click and save now?!

Oh well.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Why?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

smoobles posted:

I invented a pedophile bot

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Watching this dude become a twisted pastiche of an attempt to become Mainstream Media via the Garbage Aggro Opposition Method™ is tbh painful, like this is such a stretch every day that I'm surprised he still qualifies as Euclidian.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

all my hexagons gone

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I think the best part of the NFT funciton being removed - Much like stealing NFTs, you can just....put the picture as your avatar.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while.

How am I supposed to show off my blue chip NFT treasures???

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

They'll prob just take a screenshot of their ape shooting laser beams out of his eyes and use that as their picture anyway lol.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Durzel posted:

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while.

How am I supposed to show off my blue chip NFT treasures???

No chance this was a planned decision. The code broke and they don't care to fix it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LMAO

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

wtf, x the everything (except nft profile pics) app does something right?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

White supremacists run most western media. I guess it’s not abnormal

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

nah, assume something just broke

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

u quoted the wrong post here let me fix the link for u

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1744822606535049619

so flippin cool ...

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Soooo... I might be slow, but there something I just thought of while laughing at the sec account compromise:

Elon is cash poor

Elon has some really expensive poo poo coming due

Elon is on drugs

Elon has the superadmin button

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

kazil posted:

and with that I think I'm gonna stop posting Elon for a bit, for my sake

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Meanwhile, the adoptables community - which was NFTs before NFTs, just without also trying to make them into some sort of value-bearing asset - continues along in its tiny niche.

Watching the NFT bros put all that work into recreating concepts and communities that already existed and try to force inject real-world value was hilarious tho.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

that cat is glowing purple, its got purple glowy li;nes, jesus christ its so agile as well

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Elon Musk vs Trump in a race to see who dies on the shitter first. GO!!!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol are you telling me I had "NFTs" on my community fan-art site 20 years ago when I added an "adoptables" feature

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

poo poo, there's people in this thread that post about logging in as if they didn't have ample information and understanding of that being a bad thing.

the very worse is the users that post x.com links.

Accubitus
Nov 7, 2020

Sentient Data posted:

Soooo... I might be slow, but there something I just thought of while laughing at the sec account compromise:

Elon is cash poor

Elon is on drugs

inb4 he turned off NFT support to try to reduce crypto prices so he can buy a bunch, pump it up later and dump it again

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

elon is VERY CONCERNED about children's genitals. THIS WILL NOT STAND!!!!!!!!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

can u imagine the terror u would feel if u were to be stalked by that glowing purple cat in the jungle, its razor sharp claws aching to strike ur vital points with laser precision, lethal, graceful, a killing machine

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

that cat could kill u in half a second or less, nothing but a purple flash letting anyone know it was there, as it begins to stalk its next prey. its so fast ur blood wouldn't even stick to its claws.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I don't which is sadder, that Elon wants to be friends with these people, or that Elon settled on being friends with these people.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Are they? I thought it was all brands and nazis, neither of which are people.

And Neil DeGrasse Tyson I guess, who's people, but he's probably just too loving stupid to have noticed everyone else is gone.

Are you kidding?? Everybody who’s anybody is on X, the Everything App! Where else can you get breathtaking insights from thoughtful, level-headed accounts like

https://x.com/confederate186/status/1742076548658950346?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

https://x.com/cbi8400/status/1744907642370502898?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

https://x.com/pentsakdaniella/status/1744867051368587351?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

https://x.com/ravenskullsun/status/1739346556615004461?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

https://x.com/confederate186/status/1744125782094668225?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

https://x.com/macabear1984/status/1744780752724570178?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

https://x.com/reich_boo/status/1743092931974603258?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

Edit: want to note that I found all these simply by following replies to Elon’s post about immigrant housing

Hazo fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 10, 2024

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

You are pure evil

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023
I would add "NS" to my list of euphamisms/dogwhistles that X users use to shield their beliefs from instant rejection but it's clear from the rest of their tweet that that's not their goal.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

ben shapino posted:

You are pure evil

The specter of Artemis has enraptured the contemporary sexual market and has revealed itself in the Zeitgeist.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Hazo posted:

The specter of Artemis has enraptured the contemporary sexual market and has revealed itself in the Zeitgeist.

many are saying this

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hazo posted:

Artemis, famous for her chastity and turning a guy who tried to perv on her while she was bathing into a deer and had him ripped apart by his own hunting dogs.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

nine-gear crow posted:

Artemis, famous for her chastity and turning a guy who tried to perv on her while she was bathing into a deer and had him ripped apart by his own hunting dogs.

i can fix her

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I don't which is sadder, that Elon wants to be friends with these people, or that Elon settled on being friends with these people.
It's the latter. These are the only people that share a lot of his godawful opinions to the point of saying them publicly. Your garden variety celebrity or even billionaire probably want little to do with him now

shyduck fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

Elon is cash poor

Elon is on drugs

He'll be selling mangosteen and begging for money to buy his kids a pizza while sweating profusely from his toes.