Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I understand it but i don’t think you needed to go nuclear. Could have just shaken things up a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't think it's nuclear, he's hanging around as a front office / mentor guy and I suspect they'll probably promote one of the coordinators

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Wow, HC change and the Bills still have a playoff game in front of them in a couple of days :stare:

That's what I'd say if the tweet was the Bills firing McDermott and wasn't the Seahawks firing Pete Carroll

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

I don't think it's nuclear, he's hanging around as a front office

that doesn't sound like the kind of thing that would work out.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/seahawks/status/1745163695276372478?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Wow, did not expect Pete to be gone.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So is Harbaugh going to Seattle or is Harbaugh going to Seattle

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

that doesn't sound like the kind of thing that would work out.

I think the Parcells comparison works well here. If they keep things inhouse and they're promoting Shane Waldron or whatever.

If they're bringing in someone from outside, then yeah, it won't work out.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

I think the Parcells comparison works well here. If they keep things inhouse and they're promoting Shane Waldron or whatever.

They could bring in Dan Quinn since he’s got a great relationship with Pete

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

he's going to dunk on them twice a year and every time he wins in Santa Clara he's going to flip off Jed.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Well there's our surprise for this season. It was coming sooner or later.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kalli posted:

If they let Shane Waldron walk I have a new OC at the top of my list.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

How well would he and Pete get along?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Dan Quinn to Seattle

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Well there's our surprise for this season. It was coming sooner or later.

Figured that was Vrabel.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LMAO @ thinking your team is better off in 2024 with Dan Quinn as head coach over Pete.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There had been a lot of rumors of bringing Dan Quinn back if Pete was out at HC

Still don't know what to think of this. I'm assuming new coach cleans house, at least at defense.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Well that was unexpected

I wanted Pete to coach until he drops

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shinji2015 posted:

How well would he and Pete get along?

Beef History answers this I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLB5SLzvalc

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wow. Quinn to Seattle and Vrabel to New England are like the two biggest gimmes of this carousel now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Belichick status: still not fired

I'd like to think it's because they're doing the "work" to trade him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Wow. Quinn to Seattle and Vrabel to New England are like the two biggest gimmes of this carousel now.

Both downgrades from the guys they are replacing.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

comedy option

pete goes back to foxboro

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

fsif posted:

Figured that was Vrabel.

Both are big surprises, but Pete got Seattle a SB win, stayed competitive in a tough division, and didn't collapse like Bill did in his final years. He felt very safe, even at his age

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Dan Quinn to Seattle

This makes a lot of sense and probably also pisses off Jerry Jones

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Robert Saleh still is an NFL head coach lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

comedy option

pete goes back to foxboro

mcmagic posted:

Both downgrades from the guys they are replacing.
Saleh is still close to Pete. Come back to the Jets where it all began and have him run football ops.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
McCarthy nervously tugs on his collar.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1745166658279211017?t=KqAH8q4I8PNcZWOmrFHS3Q&s=19

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I bet this is some combination of Pete telling the Seahawks he only has a couple of years left coaching in him, and the Seahawks having someone(Dan Quinn) who might not be available if they wait a year or two.

So they'll have a transition period of Pete in some football role advising and helping.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Robert Saleh, Dennis Allen, and Matt Eberflus are still NFL head coaches lol

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I think it also has to do with Carroll creating absolute dog poo poo defenses for several years now. He's even churned through DCs. It's a terrible look for a defensive HC.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Would Ken Dorsey be a terrible pick for Bears OC? I thought he was scapegoated a bit.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dallas is going to lay an egg defensively because Quinn is distracted, get bounced, and Fat Mike will be out

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fsif posted:

Figured that was Vrabel.

Vrabel at least had buzz that the Titans might move on from him, or that he might try to push to go to New England.

I don't think anyone at all thought Carroll was at risk beyond general age-related stuff.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Saleh is still close to Pete. Come back to the Jets where it all began and have him run football ops.

It would be kinda funny if Joe Douglas gets fired for a guy who ripped off in the best move he made as GM.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
You can read that as either "don't want the bad press of firing him so he's kicked upstairs to a sinecure" or "he's retiring and this is a soft landing".

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1745167700630855726?s=46

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This... feels like at very best a lateral move from Vrabel.

Man the owners must've really hated Vrabel.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

CapnAndy posted:

You can read that as either "don't want the bad press of firing him so he's kicked upstairs to a sinecure" or "he's retiring and this is a soft landing".

guessing more the second, Jody Allen has not been hands-on or really makes her opinions about anything known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
So, assuming Bill's gone, does this leave Harbaugh as the current oldest HC and Tomlin as the longest tenured?