Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

endocriminologist posted:

It's this imo. Bad GUI design but whatever

I wish the hackers that gave themselves infinite money would spread it around a little better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
They are Clyppis and Bonzi Buddies

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

theres a shrimp that generates plasma fields already if a loving SHRIMP can do it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

I wish the hackers that gave themselves infinite money would spread it around a little better

"World War 2" is a dumb civ sim in the real world and our "timeline" or universe or whatever is that game played like 1,000 turns past the US victory screen

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The schism created by the jellyfish video is so weird to me. Like people taking Greenstreet seriously when by everything I've seen he's one of the most annoying naysayers there are. It's a really interesting video and, like all others, there's only so much you can think about it other than 'would be cool if real'.

Unrelated, I'm trying to find some reading material on earth religions as a whole, but more specifically the modern differences between druidism, pantheism, paganism and Wicca. I know Wicca has a definitive god and goddess aspect and rituals are important; it's the easiest to find info on. I'm looking for more in depth info on the modern practices/beliefs of the others. Any recs?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
https://twitter.com/MiddleOfMayhem/status/1745138264254918982

quote:

Regarding claims that the object descended into the lake, then shot out of the lake at high speed, Cincoski says, "I never saw that. At no point did it ever shoot out of the lake, or into sky." He also states no one else on the base, including the PTDS team, ever saw that happen.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

thunderspanks posted:

Sure but these creatures have no ability for rational thought and our existence is effectively meaningless to them.

oooooooohhh now you're goin and makin me mad

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

oooooooohhh now you're goin and makin me mad

oh great a government surveillance drone achieves sentience and suddenly I'm the bad guy?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it would not surprise me if cephalopods had developed non material dimension methods of propulsion through time or space

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

or perhaps they are doing something in another dimension where the accidental byproduct (cephalopodic transdimensional shadow ) is apparently to us them moving in such a manner

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

it would not surprise me if cephalopods had developed non material dimension methods of propulsion through time or space

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

or perhaps they are doing something in another dimension where the accidental byproduct (cephalopodic transdimensional shadow ) is apparently to us them moving in such a manner

:sickos: best of the nuts'n'bolts

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm a fan of there being some sort of interdimensionality aspect, because it does seem that some of these videos show objects only partially visible or blipping in and out. I guess it could also be cloaking but that's less fun.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

There's something in the ocean and the whales are their allies :colbert:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lol he doesn't bother to include in the initial post that his witness confirmed that the thing was indeed only visible on IR cam. Pretty weird!

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

my bony fealty posted:

Lol he doesn't bother to include in the initial post that his witness confirmed that the thing was indeed only visible on IR cam. Pretty weird!

not if the ir cam has a separate lens and or housing

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It is 2024 which is maybe the “3am” of years, when the veil is most thin. :toot:

I wonder if the “sombering” truth is that the NHI are ramping their activity up, and it’s clear they are starting to do something, we just don’t know what or when.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

oh if it's only on ir that does make it seem like there's a non-alien explanation/sensor issue. aren't there some more jellyfish ufos that are more convincing?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
did you know the Wii's "sensor bar" is actually just an infrared emitter and that if your sensor bar is broken you can use a pair of candles to mimic the effect of having an IR emitter in front of your TV so that the Wiimote can pick whatever you need from the menu? lol

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

did you know the Wii's "sensor bar" is actually just an infrared emitter and that if your sensor bar is broken you can use a pair of candles to mimic the effect of having an IR emitter in front of your TV so that the Wiimote can pick whatever you need from the menu? lol

witchcraft

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

sounds more like wiitchcraft

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:lmao: drat, well done

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4WzPHaOS2M

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
i burnt myself out on king gizzy after KG and LW. my favs are flying microtonal banana and murder of the universe and nonagon infinity. have i missed anything cool

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

inchworm posted:

i burnt myself out on king gizzy after KG and LW. my favs are flying microtonal banana and murder of the universe and nonagon infinity. have i missed anything cool

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

this one get posted yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/1935kj5/jellyfish_or_similar_object_2020_or_2021_in_poland/
https://packaged-media.redd.it/omch...ed462fcf0ee#t=0

just a polish jellybro floating off into the sunrise in 2020 or 2021

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The Silver Cord is probably their most UFO album, but I don't really like it that much compared to Butterfly 3000, Omnium Gatherum, IDPLML, and PDA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX434YUUOH0

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

seems chill

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
i for one welcome our new overlords

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Nephilim are back baybee

https://x.com/qertscience/status/1745082029127958826?s=46

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Death Stranding is real lol

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

biosphere thread is way ahead of you

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

inchworm posted:

Yep.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/DFurneaux/status/1745197751103578508?s=20

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yes, that's actually exactly the post that I'm trying to find from February 2022.

try searching February 2023

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bilirubin posted:

try searching February 2023

:doh:

In any case I did find it a bit later on

drat this one is shot from fairly close it seems? Camera can't be more than a couple hundred feet away I think

But why does the video just... abruptly end? Did it land? Did it vanish into the distance?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Demilich posted:

If a thing can only be seen in infrared, how would that look to us in the visible spectrum when it stands in front of other things?

it would presumably block the visible light and would look like the shadow people you see after staying awake too long

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

LuckyCat posted:

It is 2024 which is maybe the “3am” of years, when the veil is most thin. :toot:

I wonder if the “sombering” truth is that the NHI are ramping their activity up, and it’s clear they are starting to do something, we just don’t know what or when.

I don't think
we're ready
for this jelly

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

In case anyone didn't watch this one,

It has 3(!) camera angles and lots of examination with movement-isolating filters and a 3d rendering.

Also the sentient jelly produces a probe/shiv when confronted by a doggo so just keep that in mind before you burn your draft cards for aitee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

pancake rabbit posted:

just a polish jellybro floating off into the sunrise in 2020 or 2021

polish jellybro- is that a new kind of donut?