Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

thinking about that scene in the eternals when kingo shots the bad guy with his finger guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm pretty ignant as well but I feel like it's sort of like a less severe version of the reunification of korea problem, where you have to ask if you really want to reunite with a bunch of malnourished people who have no useful skills. But I understand it's probably beautiful country and has a certain romantic appeal and such

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm pretty ignant as well but I feel like it's sort of like a less severe version of the reunification of korea problem, where you have to ask if you really want to reunite with a bunch of malnourished people who have no useful skills. But I understand it's probably beautiful country and has a certain romantic appeal and such

If you post in D&D I can only assume you are considered some kind of political god-king

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 55 minutes!

They arent trying to reunite with the UK actually

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

I always knew Gene Roddenberry was a goon

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

i think the two irelands like different potatoes

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

just kind of randomly posting this thought here but it bears repeating that america truly is a diseased loving country. a net negative in the world and it's only going to get worse

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I dunno if Ireland is any better, never been there, but I think america should reunify with the surface of the loving sun

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

kalel posted:

just kind of randomly posting this thought here but it bears repeating that america truly is a diseased loving country. a net negative in the world and it's only going to get worse

The Xindi only did what we were too frightened to do ourselves

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

kalel posted:

I dunno if Ireland is any better, never been there, but I think america should reunify with the surface of the loving sun

id be down for this but id like to leave first if another country would have me. im willing to submit my resume and cover letter if any world leaders are reading the rlm thread on the sa forums.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i never agreed more with kalel in the history of this thread

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

anyway as a dumb foreigner i think reuniting with north ireland is wack because afaik NI is a province of the UK? and who the gently caress would want to join the UK

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Space Kablooey posted:

anyway as a dumb foreigner i think reuniting with north ireland is wack because afaik NI is a province of the UK? and who the gently caress would want to join the UK

I think they mean reunification the other way

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Wait, how many episodes of TOS deal with people getting superpowers?

There was the one where the guy and lady crewmembers get Q-like powers somehow except they also get silver contact lenses.

And there was the Charlie X episode with the teenager that was given Q-like powers by Q-like aliens so he could survive on his dump of a planet and couldn't control them when he tried to live among other humans.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Space Kablooey posted:

That's basically what I was trying to say. Sorry I thought it would be obvious

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I just checked Ireland on my world atlas and it seems intact to me

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I just checked Ireland on my world atlas and it seems intact to me

Seize the Tory

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Presto posted:

Wait, how many episodes of TOS deal with people getting superpowers?

There was the one where the guy and lady crewmembers get Q-like powers somehow except they also get silver contact lenses.

And there was the Charlie X episode with the teenager that was given Q-like powers by Q-like aliens so he could survive on his dump of a planet and couldn't control them when he tried to live among other humans.

boomers' greatest fear has always been the idea someone other than boomers might have agency. fortunately, this series of cautionary tales convinced them to never ever loosen their grip on the levers of power

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I think North Ireland should unify with North Korea. And North America. All the Norths should form one power bloc.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
america's cool actually. danny devito, rap music, movies from the 70's, rich evans, mexicans, the three stooges, chicken and waffles, etc.

edit: x-men. the declaration of independence. stone cold steve austin. gremlins 2. huge gay orgies where no two men are the same race. star trek 2 the wrath of khan. this thread's a joke. grow up

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

I think North Ireland should unify with North Korea. And North America. All the Norths should form one power bloc.

we already did that it's called the northern hemisphere. don't tell anyone but we've been stripping the south of resources for centuries

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Can confirm

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

we already did that it's called the northern hemisphere. don't tell anyone but we've been stripping the south of resources for centuries

Oh word? How’s it working out?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

boomers' greatest fear has always been the idea someone other than boomers might have agency. fortunately, this series of cautionary tales convinced them to never ever loosen their grip on the levers of power

Also power means mind powers where wanting something makes it happen. Because they've purposefully blinded themselves to how anything works to avoid acknowledging the incredible violence maintaining the status quo.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

kalel posted:

didn't read any of the context but yea

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The thing about america is there are a lot of costcos. Don't get me wrong that's definitely no comfort to anyone outside the country but it does mitigate some of the problems internally

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

there's some good bagels too that I still have not found outside NYC

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Watched May December.

Fantastic movie. Made me want to crawl out of my skin. Very nuanced, but tackled some big themes. I never want to think about it again.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

We also have actual Mexican food

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

Oh word? How’s it working out?

good for me
bad for kingo

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

We also have actual Mexican food
Sure but I can think of at least one other place that also has good Mexican food

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i cant wait to see The Beekeper

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

good for me
bad for kingo

I'm switching hemisphere next year, all my posts are gonna flush the other way

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watched "the sting" (1973) at the alamo

basically ocean's eleven starring butch cassidy and the sundance kid. when it was good it was really drat good (basically whenever some combination of newman, redford, and robert shaw were on screen and talking) but it does sag in some places. also, robert redford in 1973 looks a lot like brad pitt

kalel fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 11, 2024

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

also also at this showing there was some kind of film club thing hosted by the theatre where you could talk about the film afterwards. which was cool in theory but all the film nerds looked smelly and gross so I just left

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

kalel posted:

watched "the sting" (1973) at the alamo

basically ocean's eleven starring butch cassidy and the sundance kid. when it was good it was really drat good (basically whenever some combination of newman, redford, and robert shaw were on screen and talking) but it does sag in some places. also, robert redford in 1973 looks a lot like brad pitt

Nothing but a ripoff of that one king of the hill episode. 2/10

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Who the gently caress is Marvin Hamlisch

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/2024/01/10/george-carlin-ai-comedy-special/72174280007/

https://twitter.com/jeremysmiles/status/1745244942505558206

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kONMe7YnO8

This appears to be some kind of weird art piece from Will Sasso? I dunno what he's going for but everyone is mad at him now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What a Sasshole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think techies might be, overall, the most demonic group of people in history. At least our previous overlords commissioned great art and built public edifices. Tech bros only seem to care about computers and pop-culture detritus.